Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Per Curiam - Iunius 2015

OP Catalog

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Also Happy Birthday Catalog. (^-^)/ Today marks its first post last year.
So Shadow's speech is non canon? Or what?
  1. What's the muzzle speed for all the unsc railgun weapons?
  2. Also what's the status of Kilo 5, and the Mark VII Mjolnir armor?
  3. How does the Arbiter body armor compare to other Elite armors and current MJOLNIR variants, both in protection and augmentation capabilities?
  4. And last but not least, What are the Dipholekgolo, Rhulolekgolo, Khantolekgolo and more about the Thanolekgolo, and their roles in Covenant society?
CIA391 wrote:
Wonder what caused that hiatus(in a lore point of view I mean)
I was concerned that it vanished like a few of the monitors on the Halo Installations.
[Torpor] required to prioritize higher-priority tasks. Limited functionality restored.
Quote:
CIA391 wrote:
Wonder what caused that hiatus(in a lore point of view I mean)
I was concerned that it vanished like a few of the monitors on the Halo Installations.
[Torpor] required to prioritize higher-priority tasks. Limited functionality restored.
I missed you, Catalog. Glad to see you are back.
*heavy breathing* HE IS ACTIVE ONCE MORE!
Thank you for the update, Catalog.
Catalog, what is the status of the A.I that Colonel Ackerson had in one of the earlier Halo novels (I forget its name)?
Query: In your most recent attempts to contact the Domain, have you noted any anomalous fluctuations or deviations (however miniscule or insignificant they may seem) from the usual negative response?
Catalog, what is the status of the A.I that Colonel Ackerson had in one of the earlier Halo novels (I forget its name)?
According to Halo: First Strike, Araquiel's fail-safe was activated in 2552 by Dr Halsey, effectively wiping his higher thought processes and destroying him.
yay fixed!
Boba772 wrote:
So Shadow's speech is non canon? Or what?
A "suasoria" is a rhetorical exercise wherein the student is expected to deliver a soliloquy (which, in theater, is a speech representing the inner thoughts of a character) as if they were a historical figure, and convey the inner thoughts of that person regarding a pivotal point in their life or career. For example: Giving a soliloquy of Abraham Lincoln's thoughts as he sat down to write the Gettysburg Address...
In the case of the Ur-Didact, he is expressing his own thoughts; although whether they are addressed to an audience or not is unknown. In this case, they would more accurately be portrayed as a soliloquy, since they are his own thoughts, and not those of some student of rhetoric who is portraying them as the Didact's thoughts at one of the many pivotal junctures in his long and eventful life.
Because of this, the speech is undoubtedly canonical, since he did deliver it... However, whether it was a public address or his own private musings remains a mystery, as does the exact context under which it was delivered. My own personal take on the speech is that it represented his thoughts just prior to his exile, and that it remained relevant to him all the way through 2557 when he was defeated by the Chief, as he saw it as further confirmation of the Forerunners' decline and Humanity's ascension, and he mourned it in the present, even as he did more than a thousand centuries ago...
Query: In a previous interaction you noted that the hull pattern of the vessel which crashed in Sector 1215 of Installation 04 approximately 40,000 years BCE bore similarities to those used by 7 distinct species. Of those 7 species, how many of them were capable of slipspace travel at that time and what were their names?
DJenser wrote:
According to Halo: First Strike, Araquiel's fail-safe was activated in 2552 by Dr Halsey, effectively wiping his higher thought processes and destroying him.
Ooohh I must have forgotten that. Its been years since I last read First Strike lol. Fantastic book!
Catalog, how exactly do Star Roads encompass, and crush, planets or extragalactic contructs, such as the Greater Ark in Halo: Silentenium? To they form a massive sphere around it and crush in a literal sense? What does their "double bow-like" feature look like?
Catalog, how exactly do Star Roads encompass, and crush, planets or extragalactic contructs, such as the Greater Ark in Halo: Silentenium? To they form a massive sphere around it and crush in a literal sense? What does their "double bow-like" feature look like?
The way they were described in Silentium was as two sets of double arcs approximately 50,000 km or more in diameter, arranged in parallel, with a dark spot at the center that is surrounded by a bright ring.
The way I envision this type of configuration is roughly analogous to a set of open & closed parentheses like so: ( ) positioned behind another identical set of parentheses, with the dark spot at the center being a miniature black hole, and the bright ring being its accretion disc. These structures were able to alter their density so that they could become effectively intangible. Once they surrounded their target, they would become solid once more, and the singularity at the center would break up the target, while the star roads that comprise the bows would slice it to pieces.
DJenser wrote:
The way they were described in Silentium was as two sets of double arcs approximately 50,000 km or more in diameter, arranged in parallel, with a dark spot at the center that is surrounded by a bright ring.
The way I envision this type of configuration is roughly analogous to a set of open & closed parentheses like so: ( ) positioned behind another identical set of parentheses, with the dark spot at the center being a miniature black hole, and the bright ring being its accretion disc. These structures were able to alter their density so that they could become effectively intangible. Once they surrounded their target, they would become solid once more, and the singularity at the center would break up the target, while the star roads that comprise the bows would slice it to pieces.
I so hope we get to see this depicted in-game someday.
Please come back again, Catalog :/
That would be incredible.
That would be incredible.
He's probably busy racking up charges against Locke for assaulting the Warden Eternal...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3