I decided to read this trilogy so I could learn about the domain. Also why Chief is hallucinating, and what kind of spell the librarian casted on him for the composer. The first book was ok but I had to force myself to slog through this one. It’s disapointing to me the way the forerunners have been written into the halo universe imo. After reading this I had no clue.. it was so far out there and boring.
Speak for yourself mister! I personally find the vivid descriptions of Chakas and friends licking moist rocks among the greatest prose ever written in Halo. Up there with "Next time I ride on top" and "I didn't know you, Sarge, but I sure as hell wish I had. You must have been one hardass son of a -Yoink-."
Speak for yourself mister! I personally find the vivid descriptions of Chakas and friends licking moist rocks among the greatest prose ever written in Halo. Up there with "Next time I ride on top" and "I didn't know you, Sarge, but I sure as hell wish I had. You must have been one hardass son of a -Yoink-."
Yeah, and I'd say the same to you, especially when you seem to intentionally looking down on the book by being ridiculous.

Primordium does veer a lot into the descriptive, but that is to be expected when you understand that the perspective is that of ancient de-evolved humans. It's not for everybody, sure, but Primordium is a heck of a lot smarter than people give it credit for.

And yeah, it has prose that is very meaningful and impactful. My favorite being one from Gamelpar that's pretty timeless:

"Gamelpar lifted his lips in a gap-toothed smirk. "Where there is freedom, there will be war," he said. "We covet. We hate. We fight. We die."
I quite liked Chakas' story of a battle on an ancient Forerunner fortress out in space controlled by a mad machine fuelled by hate
lost and then found again and returned to the librarian.

(hey that rhymes)
Yeah, and I'd say the same to you, especially when you seem to intentionally looking down on the book by being ridiculous.

Primordium does veer a lot into the descriptive, but that is to be expected when you understand that the perspective is that of ancient de-evolved humans. It's not for everybody, sure, but Primordium is a heck of a lot smarter than people give it credit for.

And yeah, it has prose that is very meaningful and impactful. My favorite being one from Gamelpar that's pretty timeless:

"Gamelpar lifted his lips in a gap-toothed smirk. "Where there is freedom, there will be war," he said. "We covet. We hate. We fight. We die."
Well I apologize if my humour came off as condesending. It was an exaggerated parody of the many people who have stated their dislike for Primordium on this forum. I too like the book, especially the character of Mara, and when Forthencho and Yprin were arguing.