Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Promethean Soldiers with Hydras?

OP RxZ Gh0styKarma

I've noticed lots of promethean soldiers wielding hydar launchers but was under the impression it was a unsc weapon. Is this csnon or just a placeholder for a removed weapon
They can use human weapons and vehicles.
In campaign one takes a SAW and is like, primitive but it will serve our needs.
They are also able to drive vehicles like warthogs and ghosts.
Reminds me of how Brutes used to wield human shotguns in Halo 2.
I honestly do not mind using hydras, but using warthogs ?
if it is irritating and troublesome

I honestly do not mind using hydras, but using warthogs ?
if it is irritating and troublesome

It Looks like two Skeletons on it but remember a flood combatform can also drive a warthhog.You can them also only find driving warthhogs in the campaign like the combatform in halo 2
They use whatever they need to defeat their enemies.

I thought it was pretty cool seeing them use the SAW and Hydra for the first time, ran for cover when I found out they could use turrets, and smiled while Yoinking my pants when I saw them take over and start driving a Warthog.

They can even hijack vehicles in Warzone. You don't know true fear from an AI until you're fighting a hijacked Ghost Ultra.
Spoiler:
Show
nkTJH wrote:
Reminds me of how Brutes used to wield human shotguns in Halo 2.
I was just thinking of this. LOL! XD
Skevbomb wrote:
Spoiler:
Show

Soldier aren't composed essences though, only the Knights are. Soldiers are AI controlled.
I always saw that as cool and resourceful maybe a potential Warzone enemy! Soldiers in an ONI Scorpion be ready!
Makes total sense. They aren't like elites where they believe using human weapons is blasphemous. However, didn't some elites in reach firefight use human weapons and is firefight considered cannon?
I think its cool promethean solidiers use human weaponry but I am hoping 343 designs more vehicles and weapons for them in Halo 6 and any other halo spinoffs in the future
Skevbomb wrote:
Spoiler:
Show

Soldier aren't composed essences though, only the Knights are. Soldiers are AI controlled.
Are you able to point me to which books I need to read to find out more? I though as they looked similar they where one and the same.
I always saw that as cool and resourceful maybe a potential Warzone enemy! Soldiers in an ONI Scorpion be ready!
They've done that once. Believe it or not, but that damn tank had H2 Jackal Sniper-level accuracy, and pretty much shut down all access to that corner of the map. Laser being charged up? Barrel swings around and blasts that location dead on - and if the initial strike didn't kill the SIV, the secondaries sure as hell did.
I've noticed lots of promethean soldiers wielding hydar launchers but was under the impression it was a unsc weapon. Is this csnon or just a placeholder for a removed weapon
It's a joke probably
They are also able to drive vehicles like warthogs and ghosts.
SC Matt 7 wrote:
They've done that once. Believe it or not, but that damn tank had H2 Jackal Sniper-level accuracy, and pretty much shut down all access to that corner of the map. Laser being charged up? Barrel swings around and blasts that location dead on - and if the initial strike didn't kill the SIV, the secondaries sure as hell did.
-Yoink-. I would just -Yoink- myself
Skevbomb wrote:
Skevbomb wrote:
Spoiler:
Show

Are you able to point me to which books I need to read to find out more? I though as they looked similar they where one and the same.
read hunters in the dark it will tell you