Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Prometheans vs Knights in height

OP PCandXb0xGamer

I am of course talking about the Promethean warrior servants before they were composed. The Halo Wiki has them at twice the height on a manipular (adolescent un augmented Forerunner). But was just wondering how big they were really.
The didact should be a perfect example of height.
I am of course talking about the Promethean warrior servants before they were composed. The Halo Wiki has them at twice the height on a manipular (adolescent un augmented Forerunner). But was just wondering how big they were really.
So around 12 feet tall.

Granted, people worked out the Heights of Forerunners based off certain passages in Cryptum and got far larger results. Still bummed out that a Hunter is and can be taller than the Didact. Not to mention Brutes weighing more as well.
How did they move at 12ft out of their combat skins? I swear there is a whole lot of info somewhere about why humanoid creatures that tall would struggle to live.
(Vsauce video I think explain a bit aswell)
How did they move at 12ft out of their combat skins? I swear there is a whole lot of info somewhere about why humanoid creatures that tall would struggle to live.
(Vsauce video I think explain a bit aswell)
Forerunner space magic.
So much about the forerunners is unnatural that there's probably some genetic manipulation of themselves going on. The whole mutation thing is fairly evident of this.

The whole size thing also has to do with earth's gravity
Given Requiem is a couple thousand kilometres smaller than Earth, less dense etc size doesn't matter as the Forerunners could manipulate gravity wherever they chose. What it was on Requiem I'm unsure but if we go from games it's probably all very similar also as explained even those who lived on Mars could only grown so much taller than those who live on Earth, and not by much. The main effect would be muscle deterioration.
So they obviously had extremely strong bones and muscles but still for a Humanoid to be that large seems inconvenient.
That's all based on our bone structure/density as opposed to the amount of energy(muscle) it takes to keep a body that size(weight) in motion. I don't think that the forerunners would be bound by the same physical limitations that us humans are. Especially with the amount of genetic manipulation that is described in the forerunner saga. a 12'' tall human wouldn't be able to stand, and depending on the size of his abdomen may not be able to breath without assistance.