2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. ...
  6. 10
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The Black Horseman is known to represent famine AND law and justice. (The Scales of Justice) I think this suits Locke much better than famine as he's an ONI directed Spartan (presumably). The Black Horseman is symbolic "of the wealthy and the destructive power of a class gap on a society." That rings of the Office of Naval Intelligence to me.

Read this, it's pretty informative since Halo has major biblical themes. ;3
I genuinly did not know that, thank you! In that case:

War = Chief. He was raised for and lived pretty much his whole life in war.

Famine = Locke, agent of the Office of Naval Intelligence.

Pestilance = Gravemind/Flood?

Death = Ur-Didact?

That seem more plausible?
The four horsemen thing could just be indicative of a great, 'apocalyptic' danger ("all our lives are at stake").

I don't know if this is relevant, but the songs 'On a Pale Horse' and 'Behold Pale Horse' indirectly refer to Chief as the Rider of Death.
But yeah, I think 'War' would be more fitting.

I don't see the Ur-Didact as death. He even opted to Compose humanity rather than just blow up the Earth. I'd associate him more with madness, but that's not one of the options.

What if the Rider of Death is the Iso-Didact? He does bear the burden of having killed an entire galaxy.
Personally, I think they would have used another word for apocalypse (ie. Ragnarok) if it was a hint to a single event. It definitely seems like has to do with 4 people, whether it be conflicting against one another or as a group.

Maybe it is four people coming together to carry the galaxy through the apocalypse?

Maybe it is four forerunners? Banding together to guide the united sentient species against the flood?

War = Ur-Didact

Death = Iso-Didact

Pestilance = ?

Famine = ?

Edit: Maybe pestilance is Mendicant Bias? He did suffer the Logic Plague.
I don't know how legitimate this Horsemen thing is or how much thought we should really put into it, but all I can say is this: John is NOT a bringer if the apocalypse. He is and will be one of the spacious of humanity and the universe as a whole. Let me take a shot at it:

Death: the Gravemind and the Flood come to mind. They are a symbol of life through death. That said, the Flood are much more fitting into the "Famine" category. Could "Death" just be... Death? Simply the death of characters and beings that could help the Universe? The death of Cortana? The death of "Guardians" whoever they may be?

... The death of the Master Chief?

War: the Covenant remnant, the Insurrectionists, the Ur-Didact. All of these create open war between the species of the Universe.

Pestilence: ONI- they are a pestilence in the human society, growing strife in the Universe. Locke is their vessel. They act in the shadows, using indirect warfare and that's why they're like a pestilence to the universe.

Famine: this is more of an unavoidable issue that doesn't come from any specific being, just from harsh reality (an issue that comes from the environment). I would be happy to place the Flood here. The Flood and the Gravemind. No contest, really.
Quote:
I don't know how legitimate this Horsemen thing is or how much thought we should really put into it, but all I can say is this: John is NOT a bringer if the apocalypse. He is and will be one of the spacious of humanity and the universe as a whole. Let me take a shot at it:

Death: the Gravemind and the Flood come to mind. They are a symbol of life through death. That said, the Flood are much more fitting into the "Famine" category. Could "Death" just be... Death? Simply the death of characters and beings that could help the Universe? The death of Cortana? The death of "Guardians" whoever they may be?

... The death of the Master Chief?

War: the Covenant remnant, the Insurrectionists, the Ur-Didact. All of these create open war between the species of the Universe.

Pestilence: ONI- they are a pestilence in the human society, growing strife in the Universe. Locke is their vessel. They act in the shadows, using indirect warfare and that's why they're like a pestilence to the universe.

Famine: this is more of an unavoidable issue that doesn't come from any specific being, just from harsh reality. I would be happy to place the Flood here. The Flood and the Gravemind. No contest, really.
Maybe the flood encompass all four horsemen?

Death = obvious, they bring death upon the galaxy.

Famine = Famine is also said to represent justice and judgement. It is supposed to be our test in order for us to attain the mantle.

War = this would reference the combative forms of the flood and its ruthlessness.

Pestilence = Pestilence is also refered to as the horseman of conquest. This could represent the gravemind and the logic plague.
Please direct all future discussion to this thread.
https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst248249_Catalog-Discussion.aspx

Note about new thread it isnt for queries. It is only for discussion, recording and research of posts and all things related to our friend the Catalog
Quote:
Maybe we're dealing with highly evolved bear-people?
The Russians? Maybe.
I know it's not the MOST legitimate source, but the closest thing I've ever found is this video on YouTube.
Hope it helps.
Quote:
SPARTAN-II personnel used the phrase, "Oly Oly Oxen Free" accompanied by a 6 note tune.

Linking Query: What are the six notes used in the Oly Oly Oxen Free code-phrase?
I know it's not the MOST legitimate source, but I found this video and it's the closest whistle I've found yet.
Hope it helps.
Query: During the entire Battle of Earth, approximately how many ships were destroyed for both the Covenant and Earth?
Just for future reference. This thread will not be updated anymore.

Main Catalog Discussion has moved to here. This thread has other important info on the Catalog also.
https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst248249_Catalog-Discussion.aspx

And Main Queries for it are asked here.
https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst248247p4_Catalog-Interaction.aspx

Thank you for everyones understanding.
[Redacted]
This is really neat.
Query: What happened to Team Katana? Were they revived or lost?
Quote:
Query: What happened to Team Katana? Were they revived or lost?
Any queries should be posted here:
Catalog Interaction Thread
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 8
  4. 9
  5. ...
  6. 10