7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 10
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Temporary link established.
Quote:
Query: I wonder what their canon status is?
Query Answer: N'thro 'Sraom and Usze 'Taham confirmed active post-Covenant War. Additional details pending [cyberintrusion] of Human [frumentarii] cores.
Catalog confirmed that N'thro 'Sraom and Usze 'Tahem are still active. :)
Frumentarii is Corn in latin. I doubt that's right.

In Roman history frumentarii are the equivalent of secret service. Based on "core" it sounds like they're AI too. What the hell are they doing? Did Catalog have to access UNSC networks to gather this information?
Allow me to ponder over why I instantly thought of the Assembly after reading that...

Query: What is the status of the CAS-Class Assault Carrier Shadow of Intent?
Quote:
Toa, as per the responses we have already seen I doubt it would answer a question as big as that.
Doesn't hurt to ask.
Does any one know if we every figured out what this meant?

Quote:
Anomalous slipspace intrusion within expected displacement envelope was detected in Edom [airspace] at [2552:1218154551-1218154821]. [Manifold] profile not in local [cache], forwarding to [sector command] for analysis. Alert! [Waypoint] information restricted on authority of [Librarian].
Quote:

Quote:
Anomalous slipspace intrusion within expected displacement envelope was detected in Edom [airspace] at [2552:1218154551-1218154821]. [Manifold] profile not in local [cache], forwarding to [sector command] for analysis. Alert! [Waypoint] information restricted on authority of [Librarian].
It kinda looks like December, 18th, 2015. At least in the beginning. I am not sure... maybe a date for a novel? If the first part is a date, what is 4551 and 4821? Do those hold any significance?
I didn't expect answers to a lot of my questions. It's worth a shot.

Priority Query: What is the current status of the Warrior-Servant known as the Ur-Didact?
Quote:

Quote:
2008-08-08 01:15:51 +0100
2008-08-08 01:20:21 +0100

OR

18th December 2552 at 15:45:51
18th December 2552 at 15:48:21
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
2008-08-08 01:15:51 +0100
2008-08-08 01:20:21 +0100

OR

18th December 2552 at 15:45:51
18th December 2552 at 15:48:21
Are you sure it's the 18th of December? According to Vociferous (granted, back in 2012) said that the Battle of Installation 00 (so the last 4 levels of Halo 3) took place on December 11, 2552. Could it be November 18, instead?

EDIT: I feel stupid for missing those dates. Still, it's weird that it reports the activity over Mars on December 18, 7 days after the Battle of Installation 00 supposed ended. Even if Vociferous' timeline is wrong, the Gravemind somehow instantly teleported to the Ark if we are reading those dates correctly.
Quote:
Are you sure it's the 18th of December? According to Vociferous (granted, back in 2012) said that the Battle of Installation 00 (so the last 4 levels of Halo 3) took place on December 11, 2552. Could it be November 18, instead?
He's getting 18th december from the 1218 number.
Query: What is the status of Installation 07's quarantine?
Query: What are the secondary and tertiary functions of Forerunner Installation 00?
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, I just realized that, and edited my post. I feel like an idiot.
Accessing Archive Installation Terminal\Juridical . . .

Anomalous slipspace fluctuations centered around [the Eagle Nebula] detected.
Request confirmation and threat assessment.

Temporary link terminated.
Quote:
Still, it's weird that it reports the activity over Mars on December 18, 7 days after the Battle of Installation 00 supposed ended. Even if Vociferous' timeline is wrong, the Gravemind somehow instantly teleported to the Ark if we are reading those dates correctly.
The 7 days may be important.

That said, it does feel like the date is off, perhaps another weird timey thing like in First Strike?

Its possible the time elapsed isn't tracking the travel, but how long the portal was open.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It is not certain. I provided two different interpretations. Perhaps there are other ways of reading it.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
It is not certain. I provided two different interpretations. Perhaps there are other ways of reading it.
I hope so. Neither makes any sense to me, nor in relation to established events.
Quote:
Query: What is the location of the Forerunner currently known as "The Librarian," full name "Chant-To-Green."
Technically, Chant-To-Green isn't the Librarian, she's the Lifeshaper (whereas other Forerunners under her command would be Lifeworkers.) Only First-Light-Weaves-Living-Song (if that's really her real name) is the Librarian.
"876621261±512 [hours]" - I'm pretty sure this describes the moment the domain disappeared ie. the moment the Array fired. Using 8765.81277 hours in a year (from Google), that gives a date of 100,004.576 years ago, accurate to about 21 days. I think before it was just a vague 'about a hundred thousand years ago'.

The following data strings are directed at the construct identified as 'Catalog'. All references to 'you', 'your' and 'yourself' are directed towards the aforementioned construct.
Imperative: Provide a list of applicable commands.

Query: What is your make and origin?

Query: What is your personal designation?

Query: What are your personal specifications?

Query: What authority do you report to?

Query: How long ago did you last successfully make contact with a Forerunner or a Forerunner construct?

Query: What is your primary function?

Query: Do you have any secondary or tertiary functions?

Query: What are your active instructions?

Query: For how long have you been in service?

Query: What is your current location?

Query: Through what kind of interface are you currently communicating?
Temporal frame of reference update requested.
Error confirmed [coram vobis]. Amend reference to slipspace event to [2552:1118154551-1118154821].

Initial message corrected.
Quote:
Error confirmed [coram vobis]. Amend reference to slipspace event to [2552:1118154551-1118154821].

Our most sincere thanks, Catalog.
Quote:
Quote:

Our most sincere thanks, Catalog.
Huh so my date format from page 2 was correct, but it was Catalog that made the mistake. At least that incongruity has been resolved.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 10