Forums / Community / Halo Universe

[Locked] Questions about High Charity.

OP wolfeboy1

I am just here to ask some questions about its appearance in Halo 2 and 3. I have had these for years and if I have missed a piece of lore or media regarding them please inform me of it.

1. When High Charity slams into the Ark it is on its side. When we start the level Cortana though, it appears as if its bulb is facing up. There also seems to be little damage done to its hull (not including the bottom portion) aside from a few large holes. Is there a logical explanation to this?

2. In the end of Halo 2, we see the Gravemind take refuge in the Council Chamber. In Halo 3, he is absent completely with the chamber looking entirely different from the previous game. I do not mean that in the sense of the massive Flood growths everywhere. Its support structures remain with no visible seats for the Council or any sign of forced removal. It just looks completely different. What were the reasons for this?

3. This sort of falls in lines with the previous statement in a sense of it concerning design. Why is it that High Charity seems different (NOT including Flood biomass)? An example would be the doors and halls. They look like they would be in the Truth and Reconciliation rather than High Charity. I know it is a VERY little thing, but what purpose did it serve?

As for the city`s former residents, why was there no attempt at making them look like how they did in Halo 2, like no Honor Guards or Councilors? Why focus on changing the Covenant interior instead of giving a few different looking enemies?

These questions are not meant to start an argument or bash on Bungie (I say that in case someone takes offense in my question of their design choice).
Well to answer the first question I created this image here. As you can see High Charity was more or less on it's side rather than bulb down, this gives plenty of room for John to enter from the angle you see(and as they leave as seen here.)

If a Halo 3 Anniversary ever gets made(Which is a good stopping point for HD remakes, orginial trilogy and all that) I would love to see an HD High Charity and Installation 00.
Quote:
I am just here to ask some questions about its appearance in Halo 2 and 3. I have had these for years and if I have missed a piece of lore or media regarding them please inform me of it.

1. When High Charity slams into the Ark it is on its side. When we start the level Cortana though, it appears as if its bulb is facing up. There also seems to be little damage done to its hull (not including the bottom portion) aside from a few large holes. Is there a logical explanation to this?

2. In the end of Halo 2, we see the Gravemind take refuge in the Council Chamber. In Halo 3, he is absent completely with the chamber looking entirely different from the previous game. I do not mean that in the sense of the massive Flood growths everywhere. Its support structures remain with no visible seats for the Council or any sign of forced removal. It just looks completely different. What were the reasons for this?

3. This sort of falls in lines with the previous statement in a sense of it concerning design. Why is it that High Charity seems different (NOT including Flood biomass)? An example would be the doors and halls. They look like they would be in the Truth and Reconciliation rather than High Charity. I know it is a VERY little thing, but what purpose did it serve?

As for the city`s former residents, why was there no attempt at making them look like how they did in Halo 2, like no Honor Guards or Councilors? Why focus on changing the Covenant interior instead of giving a few different looking enemies?

These questions are not meant to start an argument or bash on Bungie (I say that in case someone takes offense in my question of their design choice).
1. A possible logical explanation is that High Charity uses artificial gravity and even if it is laying on its side on the Ark once the Chief is inside the sensation of 'down' and where he falls is to High Charity's deck plates so while (we as) the Chief feel we're right-side-up, we're actually standing and walking sideways with respect to the Ark.

2. In Halo 2, the Gravemind is within the giant Council Chamber (where the trial at the beginning takes place). In Halo 3, we do not see this room again. The Chief rescues Cortana in the Prophets' Inner Sanctum, seen in the 'exchange of hats' cutscene in Halo 2. If you mean however where the skull is located in the High Charity level of Halo 3, that's a reuse of the bridge of the Shadow of Intent carrier without the command chair and tactical table and is not the Council Chamber.

3. I imagine the changes to the doors and halls have to be attributed to artistic license, much as it pains me. You can see the same sort of change in the multiplayer maps Midship to Heretic. There's no actual reason why they'd be different especially seeing we revisit some of the same rooms.
Thanks for the replies guys!

JJAB91

Thanks for the picture, but yes I am aware that is how the station landed. I worded it incorrectly in my post, apologies.

While an HD remake would be nice I do not think we have to wait that much more to see the two. If we do go on the Ark in the next game, we could see High Charity again. Its destruction did not seem as severe as the Autumn`s did. In the level Halo when looking at the Ark we do not see any sign of catastrophic damage done by its explosion, none. My best guess is that all of the biomass tanked all of the damage, as that is what most of the interior was covered in it. If anything is left, it is just probably its hull. Other things I would like to see are the Keyship and of course fragments of Installation 04B.

ScaleMaster117

I figured that was the answer. It just always bugged me seeing that water at the "bottom" of the station. I guess we just have to assume a hole is sucking up water from what ever body it crashed into. Speaking of holes, I got on Halo 3 today to check, all of them are on one side of the hull, so when looking in front of you are indeed looking up to the sky.

As for the Council Chamber, I suggest you look again. It is in the area when you jump down the hole in the beginning of the level. You can see part of a support column before jumping down, then the full chamber. At the end of it, the gravity lift`s plate is jutting out into the open. It is obscured by biomass so here is a picture from the outside looking in.

http://www.halopedia.org/images/c/c3/CouncilChamber2.jpg
In halo wars 2 high charity is on its side but looks different can you explain
In halo wars 2 high charity is on its side but looks different can you explain
This thread has been dead for three years and shouldnt be revived.
There are plenty of threads around regarding your question.
I only give you an simple answer:artistic reasons.