Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Renegades previews give MASSIVE SPOILERS!!

OP TRUe REDEMPTI0N

Google Books offers a preview of the opening chapters of Halo: Renegades here and another page displaying common terms and phrases here. I'm giving you a serious MAJOR spoilers alert. I'm so excited with what's revealed and lore fans will be so happy.
Google Books offers a preview of the opening chapters of Halo: Renegadeshere and another page displaying common terms and phrases here. I'm giving you a serious MAJOR spoilers alert. I'm so excited with what's revealed and lore fans will be so happy.
Halopedia kind of spoiled it as well as it lists his human form as making an appearance in the book
Google Books offers a preview of the opening chapters of Halo: Renegadeshere and another page displaying common terms and phrases here. I'm giving you a serious MAJOR spoilers alert. I'm so excited with what's revealed and lore fans will be so happy.
Well at least we know what happened with the Rubicon now.
smasher555 wrote:
Yup, and that’s him on the cover, not Little Bit.
Ok so I've read the physical book version of her original short story (Smoke and Shadow I think it's called?) but I don't remember hearing anything about the Rubicon or anything. Do I just need to reread that book or is there some major lore that I'm missing that I should get caught up on?
Ok so I've read the physical book version of her original short story (Smoke and Shadow I think it's called?) but I don't remember hearing anything about the Rubicon or anything. Do I just need to reread that book or is there some major lore that I'm missing that I should get caught up on?
The Rubicon storyline is from Primordium (second novel in the Forerunner Saga, released in 2012) where the damaged shell of 343 Guilty Spark is taken on board of an ONI ship named the Rubicon. Guilty Spark acts as the in universe explanation of how ONI knows the story found within Primordium since he was an Ancient Human named Chakas who the Iso Didact (essentially a copy of the pre corrupted Ur Didact from Halo 4) composed turning him into a monitor. At the end of the novel 343 Guilty Spark now with the unlocked memories of Chakas (The Iso Didact disables these memories when he becomes 343 Guilty Spark) hijacks the ship to search for the Forerunners who survived the firing of the Halos. We have not heard about this storyline since 2012 and thus many fans are excited if we do get insights about the Rubicon.
<p>&lt;p&gt;&lt;/p&gt;</p>

The Rubicon storyline is from Primordium where the damaged shell of 343 Guilty Spark is taken on board of an ONI ship named the Rubicon and at the end of the novel hijacks the ship to search for the Forerunners who survived the firing of the Halos.
Oh dang I completely forgot that ship was called the Rubicon (even though I just reread the book a few weeks ago. Shows you how great my memory is lol). That just increased my interest from "looking forward to another Halo book" to "WHY IS THIS STILL HALF A MONTH OUT RELEASE IT ALREADY!!!". Thanks for the info!
I would definitely urge folks here to read the story as intended and not rob yourselves of the experience, especially when you see things that can easily be taken out of context. I would imagine regular readers of lore focused forums like this would find that all the more important! <3
I would definitely urge folks here to read the story as intended and not rob yourselves of the experience, especially when you see things that can easily be taken out of context. I would imagine regular readers of lore focused forums like this would find that all the more important! <3
Grim speaks. We shall listen.
Seabass21X wrote:
Lol trust me, I'm looking out for YOU. You'll definitely want to read it the right way in the right order and context.
Seabass21X wrote:
Lol trust me, I'm looking out for YOU. You'll definitely want to read it the right way in the right order and context.
It makes sense what you're saying. I was intrigued to dig in but your message was a good reminder to wait. 'Waiting' can sadly appear to be a lost art these days.

Oh and couldn't help with the "Grim speaks." *Glad you got the humor even though there's a 'serious' side to it as well* I don't post much but I read/watch everything Halo. Whenever I see a post of yours randomly appear, I always imagine this wise being that deeply contemplates all that exists in the universe and suddenly, without warning, speaks.

Wake me, when you need me... to read Halo: Renegades. If I appear to be out of it, don't wake me... let me sleep... I can always get to it later.
Agreed. Got the book already on pre order at Amazon and honestly can't wait. I hope that it ties in with Infinite somehow.
Agreed. Got the book already on pre order at Amazon and honestly can't wait. I hope that it ties in with Infinite somehow.
It seems to me we are in that window where extra-game media begins to establish hints, plotlines starting to steer in the direction of, and introduce aspects of the next game.

Is a Waypoint exclusive weekly live action series on the horizon?

Cheers,
Brad
Ahhhh why do you have to ruin all our fun and remind us to keep realistic expectations.
Context is key though. Not going to hit those links cause I rather have the wtf moment. But still if you do, the context is what can be the kicker.
smasher555 wrote:
RUBICON???? HYPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMGGGGGG
smasher555 wrote:
It's only a guess as the name was never mentioned. I would not be hype yourself up just yet.
smasher555 wrote:
smasher555 wrote:
It's only a guess as the name was never mentioned. I would not be hype yourself up just yet.
I mean it's a Smoke and Shadow sequel so I was hyped already lol