Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Returning spartans

OP gamingassassin4

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Throughout the human covenant war spartans were marked as mia to create the sense that spartans dont die but some actually were mia such as james-005 and grey team so which mia spartan do you think could return and suggest how 343 could bring them back
I dare not mention how they bring them back but here it goes: maria,grey team,jorge
I dare not mention how they bring them back but here it goes: maria,grey team,jorge
Jorge is absolutely 100% dead. Maria could come back if she wanted I guess. Gray team will make a comeback sometime I'm sure of it
Jorge is absolutely 100% dead. Maria could come back if she wanted I guess. Gray team will make a comeback sometime I'm sure of it
Ya well we thought cortana was dead,and when it comes to anything involving slipspace,you never know the outcome
Ya well we thought cortana was dead,and when it comes to anything involving slipspace,you never know the outcome
Honestly I think Jorge is dead but because we never saw the body there is a chance he survived
I don't see how Jorge could come back, but hey, without a body..... (since he was in that slipspace disturbance though, he might be alive but just who-tf-knows-where on the far side of the galaxy)

Since Halo 6 will be the conclusion of the Reclaimer trilogy, it would be a pretty ideal time to send out an all-call to recall the Avengers (lol) but in seriousness, if they were going to have a reunion of all of the savages that are still alive in the universe, H6 would be the time to do it. They don't have to be huge roles, but perhaps have appearances by popular members like Grey Team, Jun, Veronica Dare, Fireteam Majestic, etc.
Jorge-052 is definitely dead, there's no two ways about it. Vehicles need extra armour and shielding to classify as "slipspace-rated", so a Spartan with his head exposed wouldn't stand a chance. He'd either be torn apart or blasted with lethal radiation.

As it stands, James-005 could have survived in the same way Kurt did, although that would be highly contrived considering the method in which his thruster pack detonated - it wasn't sabotaged like Kurt's, it was hit by a needler round. I feel like James' death was very fitting from a literary standpoint. It fits into the underlying theme of Reach's invasion being a tragic and completely hopeless event. The Chief claimed that James "never gave up", and this is shown on Sigma Octanus IV when he loses his arm and keeps fighting until his body completely gives out. James' willpower was unmatched, but the events that lead to his death left him in a hopeless situation. He had no way of contacting the UNSC, and no method of returning to a UNSC controlled craft. He was placed in a situation that he wouldn't be able to escape, where his willpower wouldn't count for anything and he would have to wait until he suffocated. The Chief's actions after the firefight (repeatedly scanning the surrounding area) reflected James' determination, but it was no use. If they brought James back it would hurt these themes and do injustice to his character.

Grey Team need to make a comeback, that's a given. They've had a following and fans have called out for more of them since The Cole Protocol was released. I can definitely see Maria-062 coming out of retirement as the Created take over. That's a threat to the entire galaxy, I find it difficult to believe she wouldn't do everything in her power to protect her new family.

Personally I'd like to see every surviving Spartan-II in Halo 6, uniting against the next big threat; whether it's the Created or the Flood. That would make a total of 11 Spartan-IIs (provided Red Team doesn't suffer any casualties), 12 if Maria were to come out of retirement.
Honestly I think Jorge is dead but because we never saw the body there is a chance he survived
Jorge doesn't have a body anymore. There are bits of him spread all throughout Slipspace
Could just give the spartan III's some spotlight

Tom, Lucy, All the gamma Spartans, etc.

Can't forget the IIIs although Tom and Lucy should be back in legacy of onyx and team saber did appear in halo fractures
If there's any spartan III's you want to return for example kevin-A282 from Halo fractures include them. It would be good to see some of the surviving gamma company Spartans.
If there's any spartan III's you want to return for example kevin-A282 from Halo fractures include them. It would be good to see some of the surviving gamma company Spartans.
Halo fractures was quite heavy in spartan III involvement now that I think about it. It would be nice to see some of them in game. Maybe a visit to Onyx in halo 6.
Gray Team. And depending what happens in Halo Wars 2, Red Team.

Alot of the gammas became S-IVs. There's a chance we met one or two already.
Grey Team and Spartan IIIs.

Lupinthrope you're back! Where were you?
Anyway Halo Fractures has a story with Tom and Lucy in it.
Also it has a story with Gammas.
Bulbaby wrote:

Lupinthrope you're back! Where were you?
Anyway Halo Fractures has a story with Tom and Lucy in it.
Also it has a story with Gammas.
Glad to be back! I've been in Coast Guard bootcamp, now I'm a full fledged coastie.

I just bought fractures and I'm happy to have predicted those 2 becoming trainers for the spartan IV'S lol
Jun should return since he's the sole survivor of Reach
Would love to see Gray Team again only if it's not in the same way we saw Black Team again... would rather they get no closure at all than that kind of closure.
Knowing 343, they'll just bring them back out of the blue with no story.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2