Forums / Community / Halo Universe

[Locked] Romance in the Halo series (I want to see more!)

OP Scarlet Stab

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Halo has had some romance in the past.

Buck and Veronica Dare had a complicated relationship. I'm happy to see Halo 5 shows Buck with a Veronica Dare tattoo on his armor in a heart. I guess they got married maybe? I also liked the segment of Halo 3: ODST when the two made out passionately, such a cute couple!

I also read Halo: broken circle, and I really enjoyed the romantic moments. The way Tersa, a cute teenage Elite boy, described his crush (Lnur 'Mol) in Halo: Broken Circle made me blush a bit. In fact, a lot of Halo: Broken Cirlce's romance moments with aliens were surprisingly enjoyable to read *blushes*... like with Prophet Mken wrapping his long neck around his wife's long neck.... or Tersa fantasizing about Lnur 'Mol and admiring her mandibles and muscular legs.... heh...

Another relationship in Halo that seems to be happening is with Thorne and Grant, maybe those two Spartans will get married on the battlefield? Lasky and Palmer might find a romantic relationship with each other too. Maybe we can see some LGBT romance in Halo, I'd be down for that (I love it when Halo pushes boundaries, such as Bonnie Ross being a female equality activist, and Halo Broken Circle discussing the issue of sexism in Sanghelli/Elite culture) :D

While Halo is about war and epic battles, relationships between characters is a significant part of the lore. While Cortana and Chief are a platonic relationship (just good friends), I'd like to see some more romance between characters.

I think it would be natural of Chief and Kelly to start dating. They grew up together and she is by far Chief's closest friend that is still alive (Linda and Fred are not as close to Chief as kelly, because before them it was John, Kelly, and Sam. The three BFFs, like Harry, Hermione, and Ron.). People say that Spartan IIs have reduced sex drives but that does not mean they cannot fall in love romantically. Love does not require sex drive. I'd like Master Chief to have a romantic partner by the end of his journey, I wanna see the poor guy smile under his helmet.
I think im kind of on the other side of the fence on this. I'm all for people being in relationships and married but I don't understand while most films/ games and media in general need love stories in them. I understand a person's other half is a huge part of their life and it reflects that. But I've always found it odd that people manage too save the world on an epic quest and some how have the spare time to fall in love along the way.
I think im kind of on the other side of the fence on this. I'm all for people being in relationships and married but I don't understand while most films/ games and media in general need love stories in them. I understand a person's other half is a huge part of their life and it reflects that. But I've always found it odd that people manage too save the world on an epic quest and some how have the spare time to fall in love along the way.
Halo spans over a long period of time.

Look at Master Chief he is 47 or so years old, he's got to find the time at somepoint to find someone, and that someone could be Kelly.
If Star Wars can do a romance between Quinlan Vos and Asajj Ventress as they plot an assassination with Count Dooku all the while exploring the moral codes of the Jedi and Sith, I think Halo could manage.
If Star Wars can do a romance between Quinlan Vos and Asajj Ventress as they plot an assassination with Count Dooku all the while exploring the moral codes of the Jedi and Sith, I think Halo could manage.
I agree,

By the way have you read Broken Circle? What did you think of the romantic moments between Mken and his wife, or the teenage romance between Tersa and Lnur? I love seeing what Covenant culture is like from a social perspective than just a military perspective.
I'm in the same boat, keep that mushy -Yoink- out of my Halo games lol
That was a great book.

OT I think I would love to see romance in the series! However I am 100% against any two members of Blue Team having a romantic interest in each other. In fact I would prefer the romance to stay away from them all together. If nothing else give it to members of Fireteam Osiris.
Boba772 wrote:
That was a great book.

OT I think I would love to see romance in the series! However I am 100% against any two members of Blue Team having a romantic interest in each other. In fact I would prefer the romance to stay away from them all together. If nothing else give it to members of Fireteam Osiris.
But Blue Team are people, just cause they have lower sex drive doesn't mean they can't find love :(
Boba772 wrote:
That was a great book.

But Blue Team are people, just cause they have lower sex drive doesn't mean they can't find love :(
To what purpose?
Boba772 wrote:
That was a great book.

I don't want John and Kelly together because they give me more of a sibling / best friend vibe. They would die for each other and they love each other more then anything (all four of them) but I just can't see them getting intimate with each other. And it is a personal preference that they stay non-intimate with everyone.
Do not make nonconstructive posts.

Spoiler:
Show
Boba772 wrote:
That was a great book.

To what purpose?
I just wanna see blue team happy, and see them live a little. We can see more of there character come out in a relationship.
Boba772 wrote:
That was a great book.

To what purpose?
I just wanna see blue team happy, and see them live a little. We can see more of there character come out in a relationship.
Why does there need to be a "relationship" or "love" to be happy?
I'm with you, I'd love to see some John/Kelly in Halo 5. I've loved their bond from the books and I can't wait to see it in the game though I'd like them to be more forward with the relationship there's already a strong foundation for in the books. I don't want them to be forcing it like in Matrix Reloaded where the romance was just physical intimacy but things like in First Strike when Kelly does the spartan smile on John's helmet rather than hers or when John throws his life on the line and protects Kelly when she's been injured by a pair of hunters.
Boba772 wrote:
That was a great book.

To what purpose?
Why does there need to be a "relationship" or "love" to be happy?
Yeah, some of us can live happy by living all alone.
I would not mind seeing it, as long as its written well...

Also if the OP is not aware.. I believe we had had a few LGBT characters in the books.... 1 or 2. We had a thread about that a while back.. if you want to use the search function... warning though it kinda got messy.

As long as its implemented well, well written, not for political "get on on the train to show we CARE" crap, makes sense, doesn't turn established characters on there heads, and it sensible I'm OK with it.
I also do want more LGTB+ stuff and romance stuff in halo, but I'm not sure halo waypoint is a good place to discuss this...
erickyboo wrote:
I also do want more LGTB+ stuff and romance stuff in halo, but I'm not sure halo waypoint is a good place to discuss this...
Don't discuses it. The OP seemed interested so I was trying to be helpful.
I'm mixed on this tbh I do feel having romance in the series as a whole is a good idea and helps make the universe feel more alive. Yet I don't want Halsey falling in love with Jul or Palmer and Lasky getting married in halo 5 just to prove love exists in the universe. I can deal with lots more romantic interactions in the novels but it'd had to be done really well in game for me to approve.
erickyboo wrote:
Don't discuses it. The OP seemed interested so I was trying to be helpful.
I actually wanted to post about it before you made your reply.

Forced romances? Or romances to have romance? No, natural ones? Yes. These are people after all, and people come in very varied ways. There are a lot of aspects of human condition and experience that can and should be explored in halo, because halo isn't only simply a game about shooting aliens, it's that and a lot more.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2