Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Romantic songs for both Master Chief and Kelly-087

OP TanEugene94

If both Master Chief and Kelly-087 became a couple, which romantic songs do you think works for their love story? Personally, I think George Benson's Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For You and Celine Dion's My Heart Will Go On works for both Master Chief and Kelly-087.
Got you covered. 👍

(Links to a Spotify playlist - which requires an account to listen iirc, but the service is free to sign up and use.)
I don’t think John and Kelly are going to couple up. They’re more like a family rather than in love.
I don’t think John and Kelly are going to couple up. They’re more like a family rather than in love.
While I would tend to agree with you, a more recent novel makes a more than subtle suggestion that there's more to it than familial love:
Spoiler:
Show
While I would tend to agree with you, a more recent novel makes a more than subtle suggestion that there's more to it than familial love:
Spoiler:
Show
Hmm... That is an interesting concept. But it could be that Kelly’s mentality isn’t as strong as the others, and so Chief has a greater care for her or a soft spot. It may not necessarily be love.
But it could be that Kelly’s mentality isn’t as strong as the others, and so Chief has a greater care for her or a soft spot.
Regardless of if you view Chief's dynamic with Kelly as purely-platonic or something otherwise, this statement is just not true in terms of Halo canon. Chief has never shown anything but the utmost respect for Kelly's skills on the battlefield, and has always trusted her implicitly to do whatever job assigned to her. Whether his apparent extra concern for her safety comes from a place of romantic interest, or is just due to the fact they have been best friends longest out of anyone on Blue Team, is anyone's guess. But it definitely isn't because "Kelly’s mentality isn’t as strong as the others" or that he thinks such a thing is true.
I don’t think John and Kelly are going to couple up.
I don't necessarily disagree - but there's definitely a solid foundation for it at least if it were to happen at some point.
But it could be that Kelly’s mentality isn’t as strong as the others, and so Chief has a greater care for her or a soft spot.
Regardless of if you view Chief's dynamic with Kelly as purely-platonic or something otherwise, this statement is just not true in terms of Halo canon. Chief has never shown anything but the utmost respect for Kelly's skills on the battlefield, and has always trusted her implicitly to do whatever job assigned to her. Whether his apparent extra concern for her safety comes from a place of romantic interest, or is just due to the fact they have been best friends longest out of anyone on Blue Team, is anyone's guess. But it definitely isn't because "Kelly’s mentality isn’t as strong as the others" or that he thinks such a thing is true.
Okay I’m coming up with a reason for why he may like her more. It could also be due to him just having a preference in his closely knit family. I know I’d offer some family members over others. But I just can’t come to terms with him having feelings for her in a loving way and likewise from her to him. I’ll wait for an official showing of this rather than assuming.
Spoiler:
Show
Are you forgetting that it was a literal child who said so? And that Kelly outright dismissed the idea?
Probably a load of military marching music.