Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Sangheili or Sangheilian

OP AlertFiend

So I have been browsing the "Halo Nation" wiki (as well as noticing the lack of work being poured into it) I began to wonder if, for example this excerpt from "Halo Nation" is correct.

Quote:
Councilors hold a very high position in Sangheilian society.
Is it Sangheilian, or is it just Sangheili society? Examples of Sangheilian are all over the wiki.
AlertFiend wrote:
So I have been browsing the "Halo Nation" wiki (as well as noticing the lack of work being poured into it) I began to wonder if, for example this excerpt from "Halo Nation" is correct.

Quote:
Is it Sangheilian, or is it just Sangheili society? Examples of Sangheilian are all over the wiki.
Well, there's your problem.
It's Sangheili; trust me, my avatar is the Arbiter :-D
Halo Nation tends to be inferior. It looks the best, but its the slowest to update and sometimes has errors.
AlertFiend wrote:

Quote:
1)It's Sangheili
2)Don't browse Halo Nation. They even list Jul 'Mdama's and Merg Vol's faction as one and call the Covenant remnant while claiming that they don't have access to resources, all of which are untrue.
TGLT BL4cK wrote:
AlertFiend wrote:

Quote:
1)It's Sangheili
2)Don't browse Halo Nation. They even list Jul 'Mdama's and Merg Vol's faction as one and call the Covenant remnant while claiming that they don't have access to resources, all of which are untrue.
I am a editor on Halopedia so I tend not to go onto Halo Nation unless I want to laugh at something.
Stay away from Halo Nation. Halopedia has always been the best wiki for Halo information. There's a reason Halo authors and 343 themselves recommend it over Halo Nation. While Halopedia isn't perfect, it's better monitored and isn't rife with inaccuracies as Halo Nation is.

Also, there's been no source calling the Elites Sangheilians over Sangheili.
AlertFiend wrote:
TGLT BL4cK wrote:
AlertFiend wrote:

Quote:
1)It's Sangheili
I am a editor on Halopedia so I tend not to go onto Halo Nation unless I want to laugh at something.
I edit there too. The only reason I got to Halo Nation is to have a good laugh. The Covenant articles there have not been updated for the most part since the Thursday War came out and they point a completely Kilo-5 biased picture of the Covenant. In addition the amount of mistakes in the Covenant remnant thread (like indirectly listing the Sangheili in it as a subspecies) is extremely hilarious.
AlertFiend wrote:
So I have been browsing the "Halo Nation" wiki (as well as noticing the lack of work being poured into it)
Please, do not misinterpret it for lack of work. It is lack of people. We simply don't have enough dedicated users to keep up-to-date. Of the few we do have, almost none have the latest pieces of Halo media (for example, only me and one other from HN have Last Light).
AlertFiend wrote:
Quote:
Where did you find these errors, so I may fix them?

EDIT: Also, interestingly enough, there are some old Bungie sources using the term 'Sangheilian', such as this one. I doubt they're considered canonical anymore, but that is probably where the mistake stems from.
Just search "Sangheilian".