(Screen)Capture the Didact's Hand

OP GrimBrother One

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Shedrakzo wrote:
So, if the screenshots are good enough, will Jul be revived? ;)
Lol were it so easy.
I know, right? When a character dies people gotta accept that they're not coming back. It's not like we've seen Sgt. Johnson return. Or Miranda Keyes, or her father, or Corta...... Nevermind...😉
Here is my contribution.
That's a good one.
Shedrakzo wrote:
So, if the screenshots are good enough, will Jul be revived? ;)
Lol were it so easy.
Body double maybe?

Please?
It was all a conspiracy theory! It was a body double! He still lives!
That's crazy! I heard from a friend who lives on Biko and he said his cousin on Venezia said he heard from a reliable source on Cygnus that Jul 'Mdama didn't die and was recruited by the Created.
In all seriousness it would be pretty cool to hope there's an ulterior reason for them including him... but, I'm sure it's simply a matter of them needing moar bosses.

Not like we've never brought anyone back from the dead before.
This is cool! Please have him be a permanent addition to the boss rotation (and have him show up in WZFF!).
Does this mean we can have a Gek one? Pretty please? :3
Here's my contribution.
You son of a...
"Seems your fingers are in open rebellion, Hand."
LFXx3273 wrote:
Updated Jul 'Mdama universe entry? Please tell us how he formed his Covenant (Why he has so many Ib'ieshan Kig-Yar, how he got some Jiralhanae, etc., etc.)
I'd much rather have a novel that explains all that while at the same time give the character justice and give him a proper, final send off. At the very least explore the conflict from his perspective and show that the conflict wasn't black and white as virtually all SoS vs Covenant Remant stories are (the audio logs are the only notable exception to this). Explore Jul's rise to power, show how he accumulated all these resources and influence while at the same time showing that Jul, as a leader and strategist, was equal to the Arbiter, especially in tactical ingenuity.

As for my thoughts on Jul being in Warzone, I have a very mixed opinion on the matter. While on one hand Jul gets a far more nobler death(s) here than in the campaign, and the prospect of having Jul in Warzone, finally seeing his combat prowess (he however wasn't a particularly noteworthy combatant) is cool, on the other, is this really what Jul has been reduced to? All his efforts at attempting to help his species and reform the Covenant, all he has suffered from the destruction of his society to the torture under ONI to the loss of his family, all this and in the end he's reduced to another random Warzone boss that the Spartan-IVs can butcher again, and again, and again?
It would seem that way. The nobility of his deaths in Warzone are questionable, however - I don't think run down by a Ghost or vaporized by an anti-tank warhead from a Spnkr is preferable to being overcome in honorable hand to hand combat.

I still kinda have hopes that his legacy lives on in the form of Sali' Nyon.
Not sure how, Celine Dion is pretty much the opposite of what Jul is. Atriox has potential though.

I'm not sure how Sali'Nyon's name ever got approved...it sounds even more rediculus when you realize at one point he was Sali'Nyonee.
Not sure how, Celine Dion is pretty much the opposite of what Jul is. Atriox has potential though.

I'm not sure how Sali'Nyon's name ever got approved...it sounds even more rediculus when you realize at one point he was Sali'Nyonee.
Sounds to me like you're being insensitive to Sangheili culture, my friend.

Just because it's silly to you, doesn't mean it would be silly to them. And right now, you're looking pretty silly to me.

Whatever happened to Dural 'Mdama? That's a character who should return someday. Now that the Covenant is broken, they should bring back the Servants of the Abiding Truth. It would be interesting to see Dural become a vengeful zealot and start down a path like his father, but it would also be interesting if his brother Asum 'Mdama joined the Swords of Sanghelios. There could be some interesting character conflicts there: One brother, Dural, is consumed with rage and seeks revenge while the other brother, Asum, seeks peace and sides with the Arbiter. However, while Dural would follow in Jul 'Mdama's footsteps, he's young and could potentially be saved so that he doesn't make the same mistakes his father did.

Halo 5 sort of already does this with the mission intel. Jacul 'Arach was loyal to the Swords of Sanghelios, while his brother Kitun 'Arach remained loyal to the Covenant. These two would kill each other in combat and I would hope Dural and Asum could do a better job of working things out.
It was all a conspiracy theory! It was a body double! He still lives!
That's crazy! I heard from a friend who lives on Biko and he said his cousin on Venezia said he heard from a reliable source on Cygnus that Jul 'Mdama didn't die and was recruited by the Created.
It makes me sad that I could follow that lol
It's sad to see his Zealot guards are just as incompetent as they are in the cutscenes..... Oh well, more Jul is always welcome.
Here's my contribution.
If I were on the ground, I'd pin the medals on you myself.

10/10
Here's my contribution.
If I were on the ground, I'd pin the medals on you myself.

10/10
Colonel Holland, eh?
"Seems your fingers are in open rebellion, Hand."
More human sarcasm...
Whatever happened to Dural 'Mdama? That's a character who should return someday. Now that the Covenant is broken, they should bring back the Servants of the Abiding Truth. It
He could bring 'Telcam with him, too. Is he still alive somewhere?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3