Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Should the games have more space battles

OP crimson flyboy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I know that in the games your usually following the story of the chief, who is fighting on the ground or in ships in some cases. When yiu read the books how ever, their is a big emphasis on space battles.

The battles in the original books, fall of reach, first strike, ect. was what got me into space combat. The way the author described the battles in such great detail, humanity were fighting a war they couldn't win.

When it comes to the games how ever, their is a lack of big space scenes, I know there is a few battles throughout the trilogy, but they are mostly small scale and short. I'd love to see at least one big battle somewhere in the games story.

If you look at a game like mass effect, although its a different genre, both it and halo have rich sci fi universes, it always has some sort of mouth watering battle. Now I feel halo could trump mass effect in this regard, halo puts alot of time into explaining combat ships and space endeavours', a little more than what mass effect does.

What do you think, would you like to see some awesome space battles scenes in future halo titles or would you rather it just focused on the characters on the ground.
maybe, I liked the fighter combat in Halo: Reach though there shouldnt be too much of it. Maybe some mission where we could use seraph or something similar.
also a mission where there could be battle with some bigger ship is something that i have thought of before. Something where you command a frigate or halcyon class cruiser(s). Or if there is elite missions then even something like covenant carrier.
maybe these levels could be in some spin-off game and not in the main series though since main series focuses (or at least should) more on the story from Chiefs perspective.
maybe, I liked the fighter combat in Halo: Reach though there shouldnt be too much of it. Maybe some mission where we could use seraph or something similar.
also a mission where there could be battle with some bigger ship is something that i have thought of before. Something where you command a frigate or halcyon class cruiser(s). Or if there is elite missions then even something like covenant carrier.
maybe these levels could be in some spin-off game and not in the main series though since main series focuses (or at least should) more on the story from Chiefs perspective.
I may have misled you with my post, im not talking about specific mission, more so cut scenes or visual encounters where we see the ships of the halo universe duke it out
I may have misled you with my post, im not talking about specific mission, more so cut scenes or visual encounters where we see the ships of the halo universe duke it out
well then, definitely. As long as those wont get too long. Maybe the length could be something like in the ones where humans arrived on ark, Where Chief gave the covenant back their bomb... That sort of lengths but maybe on missions where they fit on more like on the spin-offs.
or maybe just integrated the space battles on the background. Just a bit closer. In somekind of missions where you have a view from a ship or fly a fighter yourself. That sort of stuff.
Yes,that was one of the reasons I really liked halo Reach's campaign
I'd love a Spin-off game with a full on Galactic Conquest mode.

So yes.
I'd like to see it in MP as they did in the older Star Wars Battlefronts, Sabres and longswords vs Seraphs and Space Banshees, Pelicans vs Phantom Gunboats.
Of course they should! :)

Disclaimer: I wasn't a big fan of Reach. But space battles are awesome, and it just makes sense for Halo. It's something that I have been surprised wasn't more common in the games.
I'd like at least one space battle cinematic that depicts the space battles as Eric Nylund (and other early-era Halo authors) did in his novels. Projectiles can fly so far in space so fast that the ships seldom see each other except through what their scanners depict, and for the UNSC in particular every plasma torpedo could spell the entire ship's doom (since the bridge is exposed). The solutions the captains came up with to overcome the firepower and resilience of the Covenant ships intrigued me. I'd like to see that show up.

Elsewise? Ehn. What's important is that the scenes fit the story. A Halo game without any ship battles can still be good. Just look at ODST.
If course there should be more! But who needs That when you can make your own from the comfort of your house! Also There is another version for those of us inclined towards the dirty side of halo. (i hope the links actually worked...)
I'd love that, as long as its part of a good story and not there for the hell of it.
I'd like at least one space battle cinematic that depicts the space battles as Eric Nylund (and other early-era Halo authors) did in his novels. Projectiles can fly so far in space so fast that the ships seldom see each other except through what their scanners depict, and for the UNSC in particular every plasma torpedo could spell the entire ship's doom (since the bridge is exposed). The solutions the captains came up with to overcome the firepower and resilience of the Covenant ships intrigued me. I'd like to see that show up.

Elsewise? Ehn. What's important is that the scenes fit the story. A Halo game without any ship battles can still be good. Just look at ODST.
Actually the first game we had that had a space battle in it (that we took part in anyway) was Halo Reach.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
Yes I would love to see a final space battle something similar to the Mass Effect 3 Final space battle where the entire fleet comes out the relay which is one of the most popular video game spacebattle cinematic.

Just imagine hypothetically The final battle being to stop Cortana from firing a halo ring or something Her entire Fleet is there defending it with guardians than suddenly the Infinity and Shadow of intent comes out of slipspace with halo music in the background and behind it the entire UNSC and SOS fleet also come out of slipspace. Cortanas fleet moves to engage them with maybe some scenes with Lord Hood and Rtas 'Vadum giving orders to engage the created. and the rest can be ships firing at each other.
smasher555 wrote:
If course there should be more! But who needs That when you can make your own from the comfort of your house! Also There is another version for those of us inclined towards the dirty side of halo. (i hope the links actually worked...)
I absolutely love those models, I bought the fall of reach set just to display the ships and mess around with them

This is exactly my reasoning, Eric made me love soave battles and got me interested in every aspect. Because if this, since reading the fall of reach, I have grown a passion for space warships
smasher555 wrote:
I absolutely love those models, I bought the fall of reach set just to display the ships and mess around with them
I have the core sets and the cas and punic. Love the models as well I also set up an order for the rest of the ones I have missed so far.
smasher555 wrote:
smasher555 wrote:
I have the core sets and the cas and punic. Love the models as well I also set up an order for the rest of the ones I have missed so far.
I want the cas so badly, I love juts seeing the scale of the ships. Are all the sets as highly detailed as the fall of reach one, im not very art savy and wouldn prefer not to have to paint or modify
smasher555 wrote:
smasher555 wrote:
I want the cas so badly, I love juts seeing the scale of the ships. Are all the sets as highly detailed as the fall of reach one, im not very art savy and wouldn prefer not to have to paint or modify
Yes all the sets are as detailed if not more so than the FOR sets, however most come in resin (which is white) and with some pewter bits (they are silver). Luckily all you really need to paint them is a apart can or airbrush and you can use super glue to put together the rest.

By the way are you part of the Facebook group for it?
More space battles are always welcome.
I'm all for more spacebattle cutscenes. as long as the MACs don't look like they are going 2 miles an hour like in TFoR Animated and the ships are portrayed in professional non-silly serious manners.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2