Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Silly question about fractures

OP tuhin94

Are there any differences between the standalone and Fractures versions of Saint's Testimony and Shadow of Intent?

I know, "Why would it be any different?" I'm guessing there aren’t any differences, but I wanted to make sure I asked just in case so I don't miss out on anything since I've already read the standalone versions of both.
Pretty sure there is none. I stupidly bought the standalone before reading Fractures, and from what I saw, I don't recall a difference.

If you haven't read Fractures tho, it's pretty good, except for a couple abominations.
Just to reiterate what cheeseking said; there are no differences between the standalone versions and the ones that are in Fractures. I almost made the same mistake until I saw the list for the short stories included in Fractures.
Pretty sure there is none. I stupidly bought the standalone before reading Fractures, and from what I saw, I don't recall a difference.

If you haven't read Fractures tho, it's pretty good, except for a couple abominations.
tL Armada wrote:
Just to reiterate what cheeseking said; there are no differences between the standalone versions and the ones that are in Fractures. I almost made the same mistake until I saw the list for the short stories included in Fractures.
Thank you to you both :-) I’m about to start it right after posting this, so your replies were timed very well!

I'm genuinely curious, which stories from Fractures did you find to be abominations? Some of them weren't as strong as the others, naturally, but for the most part I enjoyed each of them aside from "What Remains". Though I did appreciate that they took an incredibly minute detail from Halo 5 and turned it into an entire short story.

I'm genuinely curious, which stories from Fractures did you find to be abominations? Some of them weren't as strong as the others, naturally, but for the most part I enjoyed each of them aside from "What Remains". Though I did appreciate that they took an incredibly minute detail from Halo 5 and turned it into an entire short story.
It seems I got confused with evolutions. The story I referred to was Palace Hotel. Just an awkwardly written story that was way of out character for chief and Cortana. As an amateur writer myself, I can tell you that I'd be able to write a better version of that.

I guess that's the only one I hated. You're right- some were not written as well, but none were bad, per say. But I still have a huge grudge against Palace Hotel

It seems I got confused with evolutions. The story I referred to was Palace Hotel. Just an awkwardly written story that was way of out character for chief and Cortana. As an amateur writer myself, I can tell you that I'd be able to write a better version of that.

I guess that's the only one I hated. You're right- some were not written as well, but none were bad, per say. But I still have a huge grudge against Palace Hotel
Well your grudge is very warranted imo, as it isn't canon. The events of that story take place in parallel with the Halo 2 levels "Outskirts" and "Metropolis", if I recall correctly. Maybe the fact that the Chief had a boyhood crush is canon, but otherwise, it read more like fanfic to me than anything else.
tL Armada wrote:

Into the Fire is the same as the first part of Smoke and Shadow, correct? That also looks like a repeat but figured it’s safer to ask.
tuhin94 wrote:
tL Armada wrote:

Into the Fire is the same as the first part of Smoke and Shadow, correct? That also looks like a repeat but figured it’s safer to ask.
That is also correct: it is the same.
tuhin94 wrote:
tL Armada wrote:

Dont remember that one tbh. I'd check halopedia; whatever that says should be right.