Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Slipspace Travel

OP baconsam5283

Me and a couple other Halo fans are writing a collab that follows four teams’ adventures from Reach to Halo 5: Guardians.

They are about to travel from Reach to Earth. About how long would that take? (Keeping in mind we’ve bent canon a bit before.)
If it helps, I think I read somewhere that Reach is approximately 10 light years from Earth. So it would probably be a very short trip. But given the unpredictability of slipspace travel, you could have widely varying transit times. So on a good day maybe it'll take a few hours, while on a bad day it might take a lot longer.

Good luck with the story!!
I just did a quick Halopedia look up and Reach is about 10.5 lightyears away from the Sol System. The Epsilon Eridani system is on Earth’s metaphorical doorstep so that should be a few hours trip usually. I would also advice to keep in mind during slipspace jumps, all crew usually go into cryo for longer jumps than that if your planning on having longer slipspace jumps than a few hours.
I give you my thanks as well!
RedThree1 wrote:
Hey no problem. If you could maybe give my a dm if you guys need extra help writing or maybe are uncertain and want confirmation on lore, I’d be willing to help yo can catch me here as I check on here a couple times a day. I’d also like to see the finished product as all things Halo are something I really enjoy, even if it is fan creations
RedThree1 wrote:
Hey no problem. If you could maybe give my a dm if you guys need extra help writing or maybe are uncertain and want confirmation on lore, I’d be willing to help yo can catch me here as I check on here a couple times a day. I’d also like to see the finished product as all things Halo are something I really enjoy, even if it is fan creations
Sounds like a plan! We finished up the first part today actually! Well, I think I did. It's the first real writing project I've started, so it's a bit rocky at points. I can see if I can get a link for you.
RedThree1 wrote:
It’s pretty all over the place, but one of us (me or RedThree1) will keep you informed!
RedThree1 wrote:
It’s pretty all over the place, but one of us (me or RedThree1) will keep you informed!
I know I came of as kinda pushy on seeing the finished project but I just want to state I’m in no rush to see it, but love seeing plans like this fall into place. It’s just awesome that you guys are doing something like this and I’m showing my support. Also thanks for saying that you’ll keep me informed as I want to see where this may go.
RedThree1 wrote:
I know I came of as kinda pushy on seeing the finished project but I just want to state I’m in no rush to see it, but love seeing plans like this fall into place. It’s just awesome that you guys are doing something like this and I’m showing my support. Also thanks for saying that you’ll keep me informed as I want to see where this may go.
No worries! I'm going to try and set up a document at some point to get the story together.