Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Universe

So Elites should be listed at about 325 kg not 313lbs.

OP ZealotSangheili

I don't want to get into specifics but an Elite standing 8'6, from a high gravity planet, and being twice the width of the average human while also being highly muscular should weight around 700lbs.

I am 6'3 215 lbs, Shack is 7'2 320 lbs, do the math.

This bothers me, I know it is silly but I can't help it.
Quote:
I don't want to get into specifics but an Elite standing 8'6, from a high gravity planet, and being twice the width of the average human while also being highly muscular should weight around 700lbs.

Man its only a video game, they dont have to be exact but i see where your coming from. Have you ever thought about the armor weight and if that contributes or have you already taken that into consideration?
I think its "Over 9000!"... sorry could not resist :3
I would say it is an error made by an editor. 320kg sounds about right for a Minor Elite. 500kg sounds about right for Ripa.

If you check out the Brutes, they're at their expected weight, 540kg avg.
Quote:
Quote:

Man its only a video game, they dont have to be exact but i see where your coming from. Have you ever thought about the armor weight and if that contributes or have you already taken that into consideration?
Oh my! Talking about Halo lore on the Halo ficton section of a Halo website? How dare I!
Quote:

318lbs is a species wide average. Ripa 'Moramee is merely a deviation from that average. (I assume that was who was in your link. For some reason it will not open correctly for me)

Page 5 of The Flood (Or 17 in the newer version) might be able to help you as well. Their armour makes them appear larger than they actually are. That, as well as the 7' figures we have in the Bestairuim and Encyclopaedia, might suggest that they are naturally 7'4 without their armour on and 8'6 with it on. Therefore, that 318lbs number may be them without their armour on (Given how it was listed alongside the 7 number). They are also similar in strength to Spartans. You could expect their weight to then roughly fall in and around that of the Spartans, which it sort of does.

That is how I try to sort through all of these numbers anyway.

Edit: Got the link working finally. I think you formatted it incorrectly. But yeah, look at his armour. It is very bulky. (Ignore that part about Ripa in my post)
I believe the 313 lbs figure is for a naked Elite. With armor, they become much heavier. I guess it's sorta like the Spartans. With armor, a Spartan is somewhere north of like 700 lbs.

EDIT: Woops! I just reread the post above mine. Awareness fail.
I always had the Elites pegged at 600lbs. Their muscle and bone density has 313lbs being too light. It takes a fully suited Spartan to be a match in strength to an Elite... that's 700lbs of machine to match the strength of a 300lb being?? I don't think so. An Elite in armour weighs as much as a Spartan in armour. The former has less armour than the latter... long story short, a 1000lb suited Spartan, whose armour acts as a skin, would clean house with a being that was 300lbs with armour plating that weighed the wearer down.
Pretty sure sangheili are 7' 4", not 8' 6".
Quote:
Hunched over they are 7'4".
Quote:
Quote:
Hunched over they are 7'4".
Hm. Was this said in the Encyclopedia, Bestiarium, or what? I don't remember seeing it listed so.
Elites are 8"6 they always have been.
The Encyclopedia disagrees, but whatever.
They are 7'4 when hunched and 8'6 when standing up straight. That's what halopedia says.
Um.. ya... Don't use the Halo Encyclopedia as a stone tablet.

[link]http://www.halopedian.com/Halo_Encyclopedia[/link]
Quote:
A number of descriptions in the book seem to be quoted from or based upon those of Halopedia; For example, the article for Locust mentions that the Locust's cockpit is based on that of a Banshee. This comparison was first made in the "Trivia" section of this website's Locust page
But do use it as a means to begin your unlearning of the Haloverse. Not everything is fact, nor false. Learning what is and isn't can be fun, if you have an open mind.
There are no good guys in Halo, only pawns, demons and angels.
The Halo Encyclopedia was a mess. And... that's all I have to say about that.

On topic, could the gravity of the elites homeworld be a factor as to why their weight is apparently off? Sorry if this sounds stupid by the way, I barely have a grasp upon science. xP
Quote:
The Encyclopedia disagrees, but whatever.
And the Bestiarium, and Halo 2, and Halo 3, and Halo Wars. Their height was retconned with Halo 2. The only thing to give that 8'6" number was the Halo CE manual... It has been retconned from CE just like Sergeant Johnson actually being touched by the Flood was retconned in HGN. There would not be any problems if folk accepted that and moved on.

Quote:
I always had the Elites pegged at 600lbs. Their muscle and bone density has 313lbs being too light. It takes a fully suited Spartan to be a match in strength to an Elite... that's 700lbs of machine to match the strength of a 300lb being?? I don't think so.
That is probably why the Encyclopaedia tells of the Elites armour increasing their strength.