So... How's your daily Spartan life?

OP Darthwolf12000

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 18
Well, how is your daily spartan lives out there? My is troubling. I get shot all day and I never truly face death. My daily bases of war is aggravating. Tell me about what you do in war. Goof off? Kill kill kill? Stick your buddy with all the plasma you can find? Explain. I'm curious.
Usually backpacking teams through tough games only to come out on the losing side more times than I care to count. The experience of old time Veteran Spartans always rises to the top over the newer age, tech dependent Spartans
Life,Die,Repeat.
reckless driving a warthog
My Spartan starts his day by opening his daily login pack and usually getting a bunch of garbage but sometimes something decent. The next thing he does is change his outfit because it's a new day and he wants to have a fresh start. So he scrolls through huge lists of (mostly ugly) helmets and armor to find a good-looking one that he hasn't worn in a while, and coordinates a new outfit with it.

After that, he plays Heroic firefight while listening to podcasts, because he's already heard everything Yabda the Merciless says. It's mostly "kill kill kill" but also plenty of goofing off. Despite having gazillions of the most powerful req weapons, they aren't very useful in firefight, so he still has to be careful not to run out of certain vehicles. Sometimes he sits around and sells those weapons in order to open more packs to hopefully get some vehicles, but he really wishes he could just trade all of his Nornfangs and Tartarus' Gavels for Ghosts and Wasps...

After a match or two, he changes his outfit again because he doesn't want his look to get stale. And then he tries to get his friends to play with him, but all of them except one has gotten bored of Halo 5, and even that one friend has been playing it less and less. So he decides to kill some time by posting on the Halo Waypoint forums instead of actually playing Halo 5. That's pretty much a typical day in the life of my Spartan.
My guy starts the day by not changing his armor. He doesn't change it. He never changes it. He's reliable like that.

Then he opens req packs and sells back everything except ghosts and scout hogs. Everything else is either too high a req level for him to ever get at in a match, or is not as good as a sentinel BR.

Then he plays a round or two in arena - just enough to remind himself that Halo 5 motion is frenetic and Halo 5 weapons are uncontrollable. Then he might play a round of Mythic WZFF just to hang around all the try hards and listen to them get cranky when they think he isn't trying hard enough, or when they think he's holding back his big reqs. That last one's especially funny.

Then he goes to forge because at heart he's a builder and not a killer.

Then he'll play a custom or two just to witness first-hand how Halo 5 players have taken the best thing that could have ever happened to this game and have completely wasted it on all the worst that Halo has to offer.

Then he plays some Reach firefight, which is the real deal, make no mistake.

And then, once in a blue moon, his buddy The Sheap will be on and all the things that make this game so annoying start to seem just a little less annoying. I'm pretty sure that the ability to make Halo 5 less annoying qualifies as a legitimate super power.
Mine usually ends up spending nearly all of his free time at the doctor's office. Believe it or not over the counter Tylenol will only do so much for a gunshot wound.
My Spartan's been in cryo sleep since 4/1/2017 as part of an April Fools joke.
I contemplate the nature of our true worst enemy. Not even the Forerunners or the Flood could defeat it...

WATER.
My guy starts the day by not changing his armor. He doesn't change it. He never changes it. He's reliable like that.

Then he opens req packs and sells back everything expect ghosts and scout hogs. Everything else is either too high a req level for him to ever get at in a match, or is not as good as a sentinel BR.

Then he plays a round or two in arena - just enough to remind himself that Halo 5 motion is frenetic and Halo 5 weapons are uncontrollable. Then he might play a round of Mythic WZFF just to hang around all the try hards and listen to them get cranky when they think he isn't trying hard enough, or when they think he's holding back his big reqs. That last one's especially funny.

Then he goes to forge because at heart he's a builder and not a killer.

Then he'll play a custom or two just to witness first-hand how Halo 5 players have taken the best thing that could have ever happened to this game and have completely wasted it on all the worst that Halo has to offer.

Then he plays some Reach firefight, which the real deal, make no mistake.

And then, once in a blue moon, his buddy The Sheap will be on and all the things that make this game so annoying start to seem just a little less annoying. I'm pretty sure that the ability to make Halo 5 less annoying qualifies as a legitimate super power.
Does that Sheap go beep?
In his free time, my guy usually retreats to a garden - sometimes to take a nap - or grabs a nice warm cup of coffee from Tim Hortons (yes, he is indeed a Canadian) so he can unwind from the constant action seen in the War Games simulator. When it comes to injuries, he often tries to brush them off but inevitably has them treated sooner or later.
Mine is consisting of playing social playlists, occasionally ranked and WZ, and attempting to do one of several things: win, risk myself for a flashy montage clip, piss someone off for hilariousness (doesn't always happen lul), stomp on everyone I can, or screw around and hope for a random montage clip to appear magically in front of me.
Tell me what this has to do with the Halo universe?
Kill Truth, stop the Flood, blow up Alpha Halo.
All day.
Admiring my Achilles armour set in the mirror while trying to ignore the A.I. telling me to kill everything in sight.
Life,Die,Repeat.
It's LIVE. DIE. REPEAT. :P
Driving around like a lunatic, sticking everything in sight
Mine spends a lot of time trying out different combinations of Armor and Helmets, wondering which ones look good, and what color schemes compliment her looks before going back to one of 3 combinations she always wears.
Then it's off to a couple of Arena matches, where her performance ranges from abysmal to somewhat passing. And then finishing the night with Warzone Firefight, because it's much more fun to work as a team than to compete against each other.

lol. I think I spend more time trying on Armors instead of playing matches.
(O. O )
Wakes at about half 7 in the morning, brushes his teeth, shower, changes into his black undersuit and heads down to the briefing room for leaders orders. Has scran and coffee once there and takes in the current threat assessment. Once complete, takes an easy walk to the garages to meet his Strike team going through their daily routines. Has a catch up, then gives them daily sitrep, with the sitreps complete and content, he goes about tuning his own personal Mantis.

For lunch the team heads down together to the galley for hoofing navy scran. Today it's three 6 egg omelettes, beans, diced potatoes and meat slices. After an hour chatting and chilling, hits the gym for a 2 hour session before heading down to armoury to check his weapons and armour. Once complete, suits up and heads off to the war zone sim for his daily two hour session. After a productive few rounds, it's back to armoury, clean the armour and gear, shower and get an evening meal of triple chicken breast, veg and yougart. Hunger now content, it time for the nightly rendezvous at the bar with some of the other Spartans for rum, dits and looking for a potential shag for the night. Once complete, heads back to his cabin, does the deed, gets some sleep in before getting back at it in 6 hours.
hop into the oddest group spartans. one is a maniac with a sniper rifle, one break his way out of any environment that's not meant to be broken out of, one is my brother who constantly dies, and another sits behind the front lines. we go on crazy missions such as survive the jimmy whale infestation, hop into cars and hunt each other down, and cower before the gravemind which freezes the entire world just by being in its presence.

translation: I hop online with my friends one is actually a maniac who likes sniper rifles, one always manages to find his way outside any map built in forge, my brother dies a lot not because he's bad but because he purposely makes bad decisions for the lols, and the other lets us die first because he doesn't want lose his fancy shot gun he found. the first 2 scenarios are exactly what they sound like, and the gravemind part is a prefab one of my friends keeps spawning that always lags up the game.
Lately he's been trying out the Castle Wars war game simulation.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 18