Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Spartan Espionage

OP A Welsh Fail

So I know Spartans are trained to a rediculus degree but i was curious. Has a spartan ever been trained in espionage? Hiding in plain sight.

I imagine not since most are pretty much the oppsite of inconspicuous being 6foot something and built like tanks and all.
They've certainly been trained for covert ops, stealth, and reconnaissance, but I don't think they've been specifically trained to be spies. As you said, their physical stature makes them extremely conspicuous.
Naomi 010 takes part in espionage in the kilo-5 trilogy however I don't think she got much if any special training to do so.
However the Ferrets (SIII) are trained in espionage, counter-intelligence etc. It also wouldn't surprise if some SIVs are too.
would be kool to get a game with former oni espionage agents turned spartans. Maybe featuring locke with a fireteam before osiris.
Mnkymn89 wrote:
would be kool to get a game with former oni espionage agents turned spartans. Maybe featuring locke with a fireteam before osiris.
yea when i heard about Locke i had all these ideas about how he'd be this cold, calculating ONI goon who was convinced ONI had the UNSC's best interest at heart. Such a disappointment when he turned out to be a run of the mill cookie cutter military man.
I don't think Spartan IIs can really get away with espionage. Granted Naomi had her outing in Venezia, she stood out due to her size. Some of the others who have scars all over their body would be even less effective. The IIIs and IVs however I think have a bit more of a chance as the IIIs are still young and the IVs wouldn't have the same scarring or overtly large body mass
Mnkymn89 wrote:
yea when i heard about Locke i had all these ideas about how he'd be this cold, calculating ONI goon who was convinced ONI had the UNSC's best interest at heart. Such a disappointment when he turned out to be a run of the mill cookie cutter military man.
I cant say I'm disappointed with locke like most people tend to be. He does seem to have a cold professionalism to him that i kind of like as well as still being honorable, hes just not the coldhearted, all business oni assassin alot of people including myself were expecting which is probably one reason alot of people arent exactly fans of his. I would still like to see a game with a team of spartans like that though.
Naomi 010 takes part in espionage in the kilo-5 trilogy however I don't think she got much if any special training to do so.
However the Ferrets (SIII) are trained in espionage, counter-intelligence etc. It also wouldn't surprise if some SIVs are too.
Many were members of ONI, the ODSTs, or other various special operations forces before being augmented (Jameson Locke as one example). Since their previous training doesnt just VANISH when they become Spartans I would think so.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
Sparyan 2s can be quite socially akward outside of their military role. That and the huge size makes it hard for them to fit to that role even though otherwise they are very versatile in their skills.
So I know Spartans are trained to a rediculus degree but i was curious. Has a spartan ever been trained in espionage? Hiding in plain sight.

I imagine not since most are pretty much the oppsite of inconspicuous being 6foot something and built like tanks and all.
Their enormous size, military demeanor (how you hold yourself: ex. "smell of boot camp") makes spartans poor spies. Even more so for Spartan-IIs and IIIs who are more dysfunctional human beings/child soldiers with a proclivity to (extreme) violence.