Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Spirit of fire + Infinity = Halo 6

OP WrongGlobe

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
So we all know what year Halo wars 2 starts off, but the real question is when will Halo 6 start off. In my opinion if they add spirt of fire it would awesome.
A possibility could be that the Spirt of Fire is in trouble and chief and Infinity would go to rescue them. I Would -Yoink- if Both stories collide like that, or we could wait till Halo wars 3.
I think Halo 6 will pick up right where Halo 5 left off.
Then, we'll get another bs cliffhanger.
I think we'll see both the Infinity and Spirit of Fire, as I believe Halo Wars 2 will end and Halo 6 will pick up where it leaves off.
Harder and harder to sell RTS. I'd bet Spirit of Fire coincides with Halo 6, and remains part of the "mainline" franchise and drop off the RTS element. Just incorporating story.
I think we'll see both the Infinity and Spirit of Fire, as I believe Halo Wars 2 will end and Halo 6 will pick up where it leaves off.
That's exactly what I'm predicting. That would be a great way to start Halo 6.
Infinity + Spirit of Fire+ Shadow of Intent = Halo 6. This is where they are going I think.
Wait what year is Halo Wars 2 starting off?
think that Halo 6 will start like this: Blue team,Read team, Osiris, Gray team, Arbiter, Rtas Vadum, Lord Hood and many other characters from series are talking about how to beat Cortana, we will see biggest battle ever where everyone is taking part, we see Flood, Banished, EX Covenants, 343 guilty spark, Didact, Cortana, Instructionist, UNCS, Swords Of Sanghelios,ONI, wildlife from all planets, Drones, something new, all of them fighting against each other. Biggest battle ever.
I think the Infinity might establish communications with the UNSC by the end of Halo Wars 2. But as for meeting up with the Infinity and everyone else, well, that's just little too close to gratuitous fan fiction.

Besides, if they have to fight through Cortana and Co in Halo Wars 3 to get to Earth, it makes it far more interesting.
Wait what year is Halo Wars 2 starting off?
2559, several months after Halo 5
I agree that it would be really cool to have all the Halo VIPs recalled to participate in this massive battle that Halo 6 will (better) have. Being realistic, not everyone has to have a huge role, but at least an appearance of some sort that makes a difference.

I mean, this entire next game is going to be the war between sentient organics and the Forerunners/Created, so if someone was going to make an appearance, now would be a pretty ideal time.
The only issue with bringing the Spirit of Fire and its crew into Halo 6 is that people who have not played the Halo Wars games would have either no idea who they are or no interest in them. I, for one, never see myself playing Halo Wars 1 or 2 because I really dislike RTS games - it's not my gaming style whatsoever. Halo Wars always felt like a spin-off game to me, especially since it is "Halo Wars #" instead of "Halo #", so not a member of the main series.
I think that would be cool
I agree, since they've said they have plans for the Ark and the Banished beyond HW2, it sounds to me like they want to integrate the storylines.
think that Halo 6 will start like this: Blue team,Read team, Osiris, Gray team, Arbiter, Rtas Vadum, Lord Hood and many other characters from series are talking about how to beat Cortana, we will see biggest battle ever where everyone is taking part, we see Flood, Banished, EX Covenants, 343 guilty spark, Didact, Cortana, Instructionist, UNCS, Swords Of Sanghelios,ONI, wildlife from all planets, Drones, something new, all of them fighting against each other. Biggest battle ever.
A big wide scale batlle
The only issue with bringing the Spirit of Fire and its crew into Halo 6 is that people who have not played the Halo Wars games would have either no idea who they are or no interest in them. I, for one, never see myself playing Halo Wars 1 or 2 because I really dislike RTS games - it's not my gaming style whatsoever. Halo Wars always felt like a spin-off game to me, especially since it is "Halo Wars #" instead of "Halo #", so not a member of the main series.
🤔 Who the hell is osiris again
Halo Wars 2 takes place on The Ark. Once Blue Team, Osiris, and that group contact the Infinity they're most likely gonna go to Reach and/or the Ark. The group will probably split with one group going to each place. It just depends on where Infinity goes. They could always call The Spirit of Fire in for backup though.
If I'm interpreting your comment correctly, I 100% agree that Fireteam Osiris is a prime example of 343i bringing in previously-defined characters from the EU into a main title Halo game. I haven't watched Nightfall or read any of the novels an comics that the others have appeared in, and, yes, their introduction in H5 as the main characters of the game was jarring. I would hate to see another situation like that made in Halo 6. There should be a compromise, where fans who love all of the EU lore and those who are not as keen on it can play a Halo game and feel like they can understand and appreciate everything. Characters and information from the EU shouldn't be thrown into a main title Halo game without some sort of explanation in case there are players who have never looked into the affiliated material. That is why, in my opinion, Halo 5 feels more like a stand-alone game that is the beginning of a new Halo series, not the direct sequel to Halo 4. It's as if the actions and content of Halo 4 doesn't amount to anything.
If I'm interpreting your comment correctly, I 100% agree that Fireteam Osiris is a prime example of 343i bringing in previously-defined characters from the EU into a main title Halo game. I haven't watched Nightfall or read any of the novels an comics that the others have appeared in, and, yes, their introduction in H5 as the main characters of the game was jarring. I would hate to see another situation like that made in Halo 6. There should be a compromise, where fans who love all of the EU lore and those who are not as keen on it can play a Halo game and feel like they can understand and appreciate everything. Characters and information from the EU shouldn't be thrown into a main title Halo game without some sort of explanation in case there are players who have never looked into the affiliated material. That is why, in my opinion, Halo 5 feels more like a stand-alone game that is the beginning of a new Halo series, not the direct sequel to Halo 4. It's as if the actions and content of Halo 4 doesn't amount to anything.
It's exactly like that. I think that's precisely what they tried to do, they're basically resetting the universe and starting fresh. In the hopes of heading off people like us from complaining that the EU and the games are too disconnected...

And that worked real well didn't it! Because now they feel more disconnected than ever!
It's exactly like that. I think that's precisely what they tried to do, they're basically resetting the universe and starting fresh. In the hopes of heading off people like us from complaining that the EU and the games are too disconnected...

And that worked real well didn't it! Because now they feel more disconnected than ever!
Bringing EU into the games is fine. It's the degree to which it's been done that is the issue. Since I've only played the main-title video games (and Reach and ODST, though I haven't beat that one yet), and that's where my primary interest lies, the introduction of the Infinity and its crew, the Spartan-IVs, the Didact and Librarian, Fireteam Osiris, and other elements brought into H4 and H5 felt like they were thrown in without explanation, as if we were supposed to know who they all were. This wouldn't have been a problem if 343i/Microsoft had treated these characters and elements as if they were brand-new - it would get newcomers familiar with them and give lore-enthusiasts a refresher, or a new take on them. I will admit that Del Rio and Lasky in H4 felt like they were handled the best. When they stepped onto the scene, I really did feel like that that game was their first debut. But the Infinity and most of everything else felt like there should have been better explanations because I remember thinking to myself: "Why should I care about x and y?" Same with many elements of Halo 5.

I think I'm just rambling a stream of consciousness right now. Let me know if I am not making sense!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2