Forums / Community / Halo Universe

spirit of fire meets infinity - end of Halo wars 2

OP WrongGlobe

After seeing infinity running away from Cortana, and spirit of fire adrift on the ark, I think maybe they come into contact at the end of Halo wars 2 and if it does happen it'll be the most exciting thing because infinity entered slip space at the end of Halo 5, so if they end up close to the spirit of fire I wouldn't be surprised.
What are your guys thoughts?
Considering the Spirit of Fire has so many vehicles we don't have normal access to (cyclopes and the likes) it'd be interesting to see a slew of Halo Wars 2 vehicles in Halo 6.
The Spirit of Fire is like a ghost ship to Infinity. It would be like a ship today seeing the Titanic drifting about.
Idk how the story is gonna go maybe they meet up maybe they don't
The Spirit of Fire is like a ghost ship to Infinity. It would be like a ship today seeing the Titanic drifting about.
Uhh... how? In Halo Wars 2, from what we know, the SoF has a full crew still, and is in way a "ghost ship". Now if they found it drifting with no personnel onboard, then yes, it would be a ghost ship.

Plus the UEG never found the Spirit, while we on the other hand have found the Titanic. So you can't really compare the two.
I think the story will have a bunch of twists and turns, certainly the whole Created thing has to come to play. The Spirit of Fire meeting the Infinity and all it's characters would be a great ending, and could potentially be THE best tease for Halo 6. They might actually get me excited for it if they play their cards right.

Imagine having Cutter meet up with Lasky, then Glassman interrupts "Lasky, we've made contact with Palmer. Patching her through!" Then we are shown Sanghelios on the screen, and a dramatic build up to revealing Blue Team and Osyris. Also show the Arbiter, why not.
WrongGlobe wrote:
After seeing infinity running away from Cortana, and spirit of fire adrift on the ark, I think maybe they come into contact at the end of Halo wars 2 and if it does happen it'll be the most exciting thing because infinity entered slip space at the end of Halo 5, so if they end up close to the spirit of fire I wouldn't be surprised.
What are your guys thoughts?
Be great if the final mission see's you have the ability to call in like 50 SPARTAN's due to the Infinity's involvement. (Or maybe a bit overkill)
Uhh... how? In Halo Wars 2, from what we know, the SoF has a full crew still, and is in way a "ghost ship". Now if they found it drifting with no personnel onboard, then yes, it would be a ghost ship.

Plus the UEG never found the Spirit, while we on the other hand have found the Titanic. So you can't really compare the two.
I meant that everyone in the UNSC knows that the Sof was "lost with all hands" and they expect them to be long gone. Imagine seeing that most of the crew and the ship are intact and ready to fight. Ghost Ship. Bam.

I meant that everyone in the UNSC knows that the Sof was "lost with all hands" and they expect them to be long gone. Imagine seeing that most of the crew and the ship are intact and ready to fight. Ghost Ship. Bam.
That's not a ghost ship though... I'll give you the definition of a ghost ship for your learning pleasure.
Quote:
"A ghost ship, also known as a phantom ship, is a ship with no living crew aboard; it may be a ghostly vessel in folklore or fiction, such as the Flying Dutchman, or a real derelict found adrift with its crew missing or dead under unknown circumstances, like the Mary Celeste."
I think it would make a great tie in to Halo 6, especially since the Storm Covenant has been defeated. It would be a great way to introduce the Banished at the successor of the Covenant for Halo 6, The Banished look badass.
I could see them meeting up possibly on the Ark, perhaps in Halo 6, if not in Halo Wars 2. The Infinity will be looking to stop Cortana. and if Cortana is taking control of the rings, then it may have the answer. We could see some large scale battles with the Infinity and SoF fighting back against Cortana and the guardians. I would also be interested to see a conversation between Cortana and Isabel.
How about in the end of HW2 the infinity and the Spirit meet. Then a minute later a brand new covenant fleet of CSO's exits slipace. And destroys both UNSC ships instantly. With no human survivors. Then halo becomes all covenant. And halo 6 will be The New and improved Covenant destroying the rest of humanity.
The Dnend Legion

That's not a ghost ship though... I'll give you the definition of a ghost ship for your learning pleasure.
Quote:
"A ghost ship, also known as a phantom ship, is a ship with no living crew aboard; it may be a ghostly vessel in folklore or fiction, such as the Flying Dutchman, or a real derelict found adrift with its crew missing or dead under unknown circumstances, like the Mary Celeste."
Alive ship. Bam.
I think the story will have a bunch of twists and turns, certainly the whole Created thing has to come to play. The Spirit of Fire meeting the Infinity and all it's characters would be a great ending, and could potentially be THE best tease for Halo 6. They might actually get me excited for it if they play their cards right.

Imagine having Cutter meet up with Lasky, then Glassman interrupts "Lasky, we've made contact with Palmer. Patching her through!" Then we are shown Sanghelios on the screen, and a dramatic build up to revealing Blue Team and Osyris. Also show the Arbiter, why not.
Imagine Halo 6, being Lasky and Cutter work together to finish of the fight and all of Captin Cutters troops join together with Lasky's army, to destroy the banish once in for all, or destroy the forerunners once in for all. Omg the best ending for the forerunner trilogy.
It'd be pretty damn exiting, I agree. I think we've all fantasized at some point at the circumstances of the Spirit of Fire's return.