Forums / Community / Halo Universe

[SPOILER] Could Cortana pull this off?

OP GyrateAll

Greetings!

ONI and the UNSC are outsourcing the Spartan-IV program right? Corporations are manufacturing armors and are aware of a Spartan's capabilities, right?
Well, since Cortana emerged to be a dictator, enslaving planets and shaping things to her own liking what if she would start to make her own Spartans? I mean she has access to the blueprints of creating Spartans and armor for them and knows what they are capable of so why not?
She has a lot in common with Halsey who created the Spartans and regards them as an evolutional step, so why Cortana wouldn't ensure the evolution of the species under her wings (*cough* Guardians... LITERAL WINGS!) and the Mantle of Responsibility? Of course in a really twisted way, like how the Forerunners kept order in the galaxy.

What are your thoughts?
Possible.
But I'm sure she has more advanced tech at her disposal that are capable of taking out spartans withough having to create her own.
Spartans vs Spartans would be a cool storyline. I've tried to think of ways it could work before, but you did it.
Second thoughts, if she brought Black Team back as a bunch of zombie cyborgs, I'm game.
maybe not sure how loyal they would be since humanity is one of the most troublesome species for here so I doubt she would out of fear of them turning on her
If she has access to unlimited Forerunner resources and Halsey's research, she could created a short-lived-suicide-mission-style Flash Clone Spartan army. That'd be fun, but probably hated by the fanbase.
While the story in Halo 5 makes no sense to begin with, I do wonder if she'll have any human patsies helping her enforce "peace".
I sooner think she'd make new Promethan units from composed "volunteers" than that, but who knows?
Perhaps she'd manufacturer Mjolnir-based armor for Promethean constructs to make them into bigger pains in the -Yoink-.
Makes me wonder what else she could do with the info she knows + info she learns from other AIs that join her. Before I see her making her own Spartans, I see her disseminating tons of UNSC secrets to cause chaos and possibly another civil war, and then painting herself as the solution and the sole source of peace in the galaxy.
Second thoughts, if she brought Black Team back as a bunch of zombie cyborgs, I'm game.
My only problem with this is that they would be shadows of their former selves fighting there very own brothers and sisters potentially.
ML526 wrote:
Makes me wonder what else she could do with the info she knows + info she learns from other AIs that join her. Before I see her making her own Spartans, I see her disseminating tons of UNSC secrets to cause chaos and possibly another civil war, and then painting herself as the solution and the sole source of peace in the galaxy.
Cortana has the ability to cause quite a bit of damage if 343 bother to use the ideas mentioned.
One problem with the Cortana wouldn't want to use Spartans theories, don't forget she was in chiefs head, so to speak, for most of the original trilogy. She's seen firsthand how much -Yoink- a spartan can wreck. And she's also witnessed Spartans f'n up her prometheans. I absolutely buy into the idea she'd want her own Spartans. As to her not being able to trust humans, there's always those that'd join a dictator because the dictator is the "biggest bully in school". She'd have no problems finding volunteers.
Cortana has got Forerunners' technology, she doesn't need Spartans
She may not need them, but given her obsession with John, and her sharing Halsey's brain patterns, I do think she'd want them.
I don't think we will see any humans, at least in the main games, working with the Created. So, probably no.

I mean atm the Warden appears to have all control over the Prometheans, indicated by them glowing orange and everything Cortana directly controls glowing blue. They are very much still a Forerunner faction and even their individual soldiers consistently identify themselves as such. So this IMO means one of three things is going to happen.

1 - The Prometheans change and become less "Forerunner" focused. You get AI and other created uploaded into Promethean class units and soldiers refer to themselves as Created from now on. The Warden identifies his new role in this manner. Whilst possible, I don't think 343 want to drop the distinct nature of the Forerunner faction. Basically the Created and Prometheans become indistinguishable from now on.

2- They stay the same. In this case it is almost certain that the Created will not retain control of the Prometheans as they will still have a very distinctive character. I mean at the minute they don't really fit with the Created as a faction.

3 - Cortana and the other AI realise that they are incredibly beholden to the Warden and other Forerunner constructs. This leaves them very vulnerable. So in response they build their own distinct and separate army of "Created". Perhaps with less anti grav tech and more a fusion of Forerunner and practical human technology. I don't want to say like the Geth, but, yeah something like that wouldn't be out of the question. They have all of this confiscated human infrastructure and it makes sense to repurpose whats available instead of immediate recourse to scavenging Forerunner technology. If they go with this option then its fairly likely that we'll see something similar to the Covenant Civil War in Halo 2 where eventually there is a rift between the Created and the Prometheans.

But yeah she could certainly have the technology and expertise to build robotic units based more closely on Spartans. I mean, going one step further with your reasoning, since she was neutrally linked to Chief for so long and observed him for all of those years, she could probably programme robotic or AI units that could emulate those combat skills.
Perhaps she'd manufacturer Mjolnir-based armor for Promethean constructs to make them into bigger pains in the -Yoink-.
This I could see. Some sort of AI construct riding in a modified Mjolnir rig.
It would be interesting to see Cortana create organic-AI bond pairs if she gets any organic volunteers. Not sure how you'd convey that in-game, but it's something.
cortana could just use the halo rings to destroy everything she
would not need spartans but that's a good idea hmmm.
what would happen if see some how brought the flood back i mean they would not want to get rid of
cortana because she is an AI.
I think the likely result is that they will recycle the whole civil war idea again from Halo 2, with Cortana and the Created against the Warden and the Prometheans. It worked well last time but I hope 343 are not that lazy!