(Spoilers) John-117 is no longer blue leader

OP HipPainter007

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Quote:
Quote:
What interests me is that Blue team are spies of some sort. Does this mean anything?
What you're referring to is human intelligence (HUMINT) gathering, a role that many special operations units fulfill. I'm under the impression, however, that Blue Team as a whole was implemented more in the direct action role rather than more covert actions. HUMINT assignments would very unlike require the allocation of four Spartans given a single one's capabilities.
I was thinking more along the lines of Black team and Gray team. At they got called spies(by that I believe special operations) also by Catalog
Quote:
I was thinking more along the lines of Black team and Gray team. At they got called spies(by that I believe special operations) also by Catalog
Catalog referred to the Spartans as exploratores, referencing the Roman Army's reconnaissance troops which "were generally used to gain information through the use of patrols at a distance from the enemy." That's pretty much the mainstay of the special operations role for many units around the world.

It was the speculatores who used more unconventional and covert means to gather intelligence on the enemy that someone would relate to modern espionage.
Quote:
Quote:
Catalog referred to the Spartans as exploratores, referencing the Roman Army's reconnaissance troops which "were generally used to gain information through the use of patrols at a distance from the enemy." That's pretty much the mainstay of the special operations role for many units around the world.

It was the speculatores who used more unconventional and covert means to gather intelligence on the enemy that someone would relate to modern espionage.
Thanks I redact what I said now.
Quote:
Quote:
At this point I'd ask Catalog, can you confirm that NAVSPECWARCOM is still under ONI Section 3 command/influence/control?
Naval Special Warfare is a major command of the Navy and Marine Corps rather than a component of Naval Intelligence. ONI's Section Three in itself is a covert intelligence and research organization capable of many of the same functions, however.
You have to be very interested in this thing to know it.
NAVSPECWAR or NAVSPECWEAP section three is a cover up for ONI section three, it's all a bureaucratic mess to ensure the S-II to still be under ONI control. As hinted by Catalog.
Don't know if this was mentioned earlier, but Frumentarii was the "secret service" of the Roman Empire. Maybe a code name for ONI?
Quote:
Don't know if this was mentioned earlier, but Frumentarii was the "secret service" of the Roman Empire. Maybe a code name for ONI?
Yes we already established that when he says frumentarii he means ONI
Toa Freak wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Theoretically, if they were to be reunited, then even if Fred outranks John, maybe his rank is Spartan now, he might give tactical command to John.
And even if he didn't, given what we know of John, he would likely respect that Fred now outranks him, and follow any orders Fred gave.
"No, sir."
Admittedly, this line has always bothered me. But given the situation, I can understand why the Chief disobeyed orders in this case.

Quote:
But yeah, he likely would. Though Kiki mentioned that they want to see John as a "leader of men", so maybe he'll be working his way up the ranks.
I don't see 343 changing the Chief's rank, if only because "Master Chief" is more a name for John than "John", and is certainly more recognized by the fan-base.
Like it was said in a much earlier issue of Halo: Escalation to Lord Hood when he offered promotion to an officer rank. 'Wouldn't have the same ring to it.'
Like it was said in a much earlier issue of Halo: Escalation to Lord Hood when he offered promotion to an officer rank. 'Wouldn't have the same ring to it.'
No need to dig up a Thread that has been dead for 11 months lol
Um Kelly is dead have you seen halo legends she died propelling chief to the other half of the covenant ship and she floated off into the void of space
AWPTlCAL wrote:
Um Kelly is dead have you seen halo legends she died propelling chief to the other half of the covenant ship and she floated off into the void of space
she is very much alive
John has always been the De Facto Leader of the SPARTANS. Even if others are higher in rank. Kinda like Captain America, he's the person everyone on the Avengers would listen to and follow. Especially if Iron-Man is a -Yoink- (which he usually is).
Seeing as how this thread is nearly a year old, nothing here is anywhere near correct. We've since had John and Blue team reunited in Escalation. For one, John, Fred, Linda and Kelly aren't part of the Spartan branch. They denied that opportunity so they still have their previous ranks and such and still "works for" NAVSPEC. John still outranks Fred (I think. I'm not totally sure if that's correct.) and, when reunited with Blue team in Escalation, John picks up being Blue leader without a word being said about it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2