Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Superconducting coatings? Thermal superconducting?

OP ThreeCypress929

It may sound like trolling, but it is not. I really thank 343i for the answer because I learned about the existence of the “second sound” phenomenon. However, the question remains valid.
Quote:
CINDER
Armor: Used by Spartan special containment teams, CINDER armor features thermal superconducting coatings and a reinforced shock-absorbing gel layer to mitigate the risk of using thermobaric and incendiary weapons at close range.

ODST M9407 drop pod:
In the years following the human-Covenant war, the UNSC partnered with experienced military contractors to make a number of improvements to the drop pod platform. Advancements and improvements include (but are not limited to) more reliable in-flight communications, more powerful maneuver thrusters and limited inertial compensation, a new air brake design, significantly improved structural integrity with the incorporation of new metal matrix composites, and thermal superconducting elements incorporated into the composite heatshield. The internal harness of all post-war drop pods is also highly configurable, with hookups and system interlinks compatible with the latest ODST battledress and Spartan Mjolnir variants.
Wtf? What does all this -Yoink- mean? Is it the material that distributes the heat to the pod, which completely enters the atmosphere? Is this some kind of magnetic shield? Why is there so little information about such an important element?
I want to get an answer about the principle of operation of this technology solely because I am trying to establish the protective characteristics of the titanium-A armor. Did UNSC have some kind of magnetic power fields-shields? Yes, this is a hypothetically feasible and, according to some sources, implemented concept for modern long-range technologies, but UNSC, according to all available data, did not have "energy shields".
So this does not apply to force fields?
This is the important question about the universe and as a fan have find answer. This issue arose in halopedia and we need 343I intervention to resolve it. This is similar to augmented ODST Schrödinger when in every book there are dozens of indirect indications that contradict each other.
Come up with any science-based answer, please.
Just to clarify, assuming you're referring to my comments in your previous thread: I'm not 343i. Monitors are community members, and I'm here to discuss Halo just like you are. I have no authority on canon.
tsassi wrote:
Just to clarify, assuming you're referring to my comments in your previous thread: I'm not 343i. Monitors are community members, and I'm here to discuss Halo just like you are. I have no authority on canon.
Oh. Then sorry. I was wrong. I guess I won't be able to find out what this magic technology is.