Decided to retcon my Spartan a bit (maybe a lot).Name:
UNSC Spartan-II | Fireteam Fortress (Formerly)/ Lone WolfGender:
MDate of Birth:
27/11/2514Place of Birth:
MJOLNIR Mark VI FC-IR.Shoulder:
Tactical/Tacpad Knee Guards:
Backstory[Incomplete Files] The information you we're looking for is incomplete due to the individual refusing to speak about the backstory. EYES ONLY. DO NOT DUPLICATE.
While John may have been abducted for the Spartan-II program when he was 6 years old, for some unknown reason there's no sources to explain what happened since his abduction. Some suspect John himself hacked into ONI's database and deleted them, but even today it's still unconfirmed.
However, we can firmly say that during his training years, John wasn't the best at cooperation. Entries available confirm that John performed better alone. Chief Petty Officer Franklin Mendez confirms he confronted the cadet himself. He helped him develop cooperation skills. Since then, John became more cooperative, but still showed signs of being Lone Wolf.
When the day of augmentation came, it didn't go well for him. Although he survived and got the augmentations, he was almost killed and needed immediate medical attention. It's been like that for some months.[Other files are classified. Only personnel belonging to the Office of Naval Intelligence are allowed to see this information]Human-Covenant War
When John wore the MJOLNIR Mark IV armor for the first time, he became quite anxious to try it. A couple of years later, UNSC soldiers reported John showing proficiency with some Covenant weapons, namely the Type-50 Sniper Rifle System, otherwise known as the Beam Rifle. He had only one comment for the weapon:
Quote:"It's usefulness makes discarding it a sin. I've never seen a weapon as useful as this. It's projectiles are fast, powerful. I sniped Elites from hundreds of meters away with this and they drop like it was nothing. I also like the design. The only downside is that it's battery-powered, meaning you'll have to switch for another one for fresh ammo in the battlefield"
As the war raged, John and his fireteam became so used to death they didn't feared it. They defied it, in fact. They weren't afraid of what's in the other side of life.
There was a time when John, along with another Spartan fireteam and a boarding party consisting of Marines and some ODSTs managed to overtake a CRS cruiser. The capture gave valuable information regarding the technology the Covenant used for their ships. The cruiser was going to be refitted for UNSC use, but was destroyed during that time. Some years later, an operation to overtake a CCS cruiser, although successful in capture, was failed in keeping. A short time after the capture a Covenant fleet arrived and the ship crew had to evacuate.
When the Fall of Reach came into place, it's when fireteam Fortress was nearly wiped out. The Covenant were so brutal that even they, one of the most experienced shooters of the Spartan-IIs, couldn't survive. One by one, each fell, until John was the only one of the fireteam, which he disbanded. After their leader perished, another member took the place, but after he had died too, John took the position. As a remembrance, he decided to remake his armor, using recreated pieces his teammates used.
Presently, he's training with Spartan-IVs in the War Games simulations, usually participating in simulations against the Flood shall it return. Now, his attention focuses on the Created. He refuses to lead any other squad, explaining that there's no one who can replace his fallen comrades.
He isn't much to talk, but when he does, he speaks very fluently and knows what he's saying. Languages he can speak include: Portuguese, English, French, Spanish, Italian, Sangheili and a bit of German. He's very intelligent, and always seeks for new information and can learn really fast if he shows interest. His favorite themes include Death, Sangheili and Astronomy. He's also very calm, but can be aggressive at times.
As the war raged, he studied the average behavior of each Covenant specie and applies it in his strategies. He has very fast reflexes slightly surpassing the average Spartan. Before the augmentations, he was diagnosed with myopia (short eye sight). That issue was resolved after the procedure. He masters most of the weapons he's seen throughout his life.
John's arsenal vary from UNSC to Forerunner weapons. Using Forerunner tech, he made a Tac/Pad that analyses any weapon and if John wishes, store it and when he wishes to use the weapon, it appears out of thin air, just like the weapons in the Warzone simulations.
Quote:Now that's some fancy high-tech stuff.
His notable weapons include:
- BR55, changed to be as powerful and compatible with the current BR85HB;
- 2x M7/Caseless Submachine Gun, also changed to be compatible with the current M20;
- Arrow of Time, tweaked to have the benefits of the End of the Line while removing all penalties, with a aesthetic redesign;
- M41 SPNKr Rocket Launcher, notably, the SPNKr Prime;
- Type-50 Beam Rifle Omega [Unknown weapon, unregistered in any known weapon sources of the UNSC and Swords of Sanghelios], an upgrade to the Type-50 Beam Rifle Delta, that combines the benefits of the variants and removes penalties. John named the weapon "Omega" since it translates to "end", basically meaning that everyone that crosses with this weapon is simply dead;
- Type-1 Energy Sword, given to him by an Elite;
- Z-750/Shield of the Trevelyan [This weapon is yet to be discovered by the UNSC], an extremely powerful and rare Binary Rifle, that can fire in extremely long distances and can makes a lot of damage per beam. Has only one shot per magazine. John uses it for extreme cases as it's ammo is almost as rare as the weapon. John claimed he found it when he explored the Trevelyan, ironically.
His favorite vehicle is the M850 Main Battle Tank, otherwise known as the Grizzly. He has one of his own, changed to have a rechargeable energy shield (since most UNSC vehicles are now adopting that technology. Mantises, Wasps, Warthogs (Sword Warthog)).
Quote:Who wouldn't want a tank with 2 main cannons, 2 heavy machine guns, missile pods and a flamethrower? Not to mention that nothing in the field survives it. And by research, any record of destroyed Grizzlies we're always caused by orbital plasma bombardment, so we got a true beast right here.
- Members of Fireteam Fortress | The ones he used to trust the most;
- Kelly-087 | Treats her like a sister;
John has his own ship, an Autumn-class cruiser named UNSC Endless Memories.
Unconfirmed plans to turn it into a Infinity-class supercruiser.
- He's the only known Portuguese Spartan in the UNSC;
- Seems to have good communication with Sangheili.