So, I've read The Fall of Reach, The Flood, The Cole Protocol, and am currently reading Mortal Dictata. My question is, what should I read next?
So, I've read The Fall of Reach, The Flood, The Cole Protocol, and am currently reading Mortal Dictata. My question is, what should I read next?
First strike and ghosts of onyx
1. Halo: First Strike
2. Halo: Ghosts of Onyx
3. Halo: Silent Storm
Halo: First Strike is the immediate follow-up to The Flood/Halo Combat Evolved. After that comes Ghosts of Onyx.

Both of which are written (excellently) by Eric Nylund, who wrote The Fall of Reach.

I also highly suggest reading Contact Harvest, which is the very start of the Human-Covenant War. It was written by Joe Staten, the guy who wrote the story for the Bungie era Halo games (Halo 1, 2, 3, ODST and Reach).

They are the absolute best books in the entire Halo Expanded Universe, they flesh out the universe and are very much military science fiction, as Halo was always intended to be. There's very, very little Forerunner space magic science fantasy nonsense that 343i injected into the universe and ruined it with.
Well Mortal Dictata is the final book in the Kilo-Five trilogy so I would recommend reading Glasslands and The Thursday War since they are the first two.
The Cole Protocol, followed by Envoy!
Well Mortal Dictata is the final book in the Kilo-Five trilogy so I would recommend reading Glasslands and The Thursday War since they are the first two.
Yeah If you've read Mortal Dictata, then you kinda have to read the rest of the trilogy. I imagine that book was somewhat confusing without reading the other two first.

Also, if you've read the Fall of Reach and the Flood, then you should definitely read First Strike as well.
Yeah If you've read Mortal Dictata, then you kinda have to read the rest of the trilogy. I imagine that book was somewhat confusing without reading the other two first.

Also, if you've read the Fall of Reach and the Flood, then you should definitely read First Strike as well.
And honestly the Kilo-Five Trilogy can be somewhat confusing without reading Ghost of Oynx. But if you read that then you should read First Strike as well. Everything is connected.
Definitely Ghosts of Onyx.

And honestly the Kilo-Five Trilogy can be somewhat confusing without reading Ghost of Oynx. But if you read that then you should read First Strike as well. Everything is connected.
Yep, I'm just figuring this all out. Thanks for everyone's input.