Forums / Community / Halo Universe

The diadact was wasted?

OP CesarDSM7

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I think so yes. Besides the Prophets from Bungie’s Halo, Halo had never had one single true bad guy, and Halo 4 changed that. He was a good villain that wanted nothing more than to destroy humanity and they “Killed” him in the first 343 game, then really killed him in the comics.
Except he didn't die in the comics. Where are people getting this from?
...then really killed him in the comics.
As has been stated many times in this thread, no they didn't.
On the didact's 'death' ultimately I feel like that comic could be ignored and nothing would really change. I mean the didact's armor was damaged as he fell into a composer beam that was being sent through a slipspace portal. Its not really more a stretch that he was somehow composed than having multiple composers hit him like what happened in the comic.

Heck there's still some people who think he died in halo 4 too.
...then really killed him in the comics.
As has been stated many times in this thread, no they didn't.
Wait, you just reminded me. He was composed right?
Kind of? It's tough to say just what happened.
JNDreher wrote:
The Didact would not have been killed in a comic.
Nor was he. He was composed, and essentially put on the back burner. Chief even mentions that he believes he's simply "contained". We may yet see the Didact again.
That is an accurate technicality, but the issue I meant to bring up was that as it currently stands, there's no good way to bring back the Didact in any medium outside the comics (we already saw how casual fans reacted to Halo 5 drawing on lore from the novels without holding their hands, imagine how they'd react if the Didact came back as an AI).
I hope he comes back in Infinite but dies the correct way...
JNDreher wrote:
JNDreher wrote:
The Didact would not have been killed in a comic.
Nor was he. He was composed, and essentially put on the back burner. Chief even mentions that he believes he's simply "contained". We may yet see the Didact again.
That is an accurate technicality, but the issue I meant to bring up was that as it currently stands, there's no good way to bring back the Didact in any medium outside the comics (we already saw how casual fans reacted to Halo 5 drawing on lore from the novels without holding their hands, imagine how they'd react if the Didact came back as an AI).
Halo 4 had it worse in my opinion. Not many people had read Glasslands/Thursday War and even less read Cryptum/Primordium before it came out.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2