Forums / Community / Halo Universe

The Halo Story, and where to find it. V2

OP CIA391

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
One of the best things being here on these forums is having lots of people interested in the Halo lore. Though if you are new to the story and want to experience it. One thing you will notice is the lore is very spread out. And often hard to find. Making the task of seeing it all nearly impossible without a push in the right direction. Fortunately this is that push.
This is the Halo Story and Where to find it thread. This thread has a list of all Halo Media. And links where to find the canon trailers and so on. I hope this helps you all find what you are looking for. Even if you are a old fan or a new one.

Other useful stuff
Listings in this thread are in section release orders. So if your looking for canonical order or release order, I recommend using the below posts.
Notes
Normal Rules apply in this thread. If you haven't read them. Read them!
If you think this thread is missing anything then please comment or PM me, and I will update this thread if the item is reasonable.
You can find a lot of stuff on either Halo Waypoint on Xbox 360, Halo Channel on Xbox One, or even Halo Waypoint on the internet(here)

Important Note: While most if not all of the proceeding list consists of materials directly recognized by 343 Industries as canon story sources, it should not be taken as a direct statement or recognition of such by 343.(though 343 do get the last word) This is more of a "from one die hard fan to another" labor of love. Any and all sources should be taken with the appropriate seasoning. Enjoy!

GAMES:
Halo: Combat Evolved
Halo 2 (PC version includes exclusive map location "Example")
Halo 3 (+ Terminals)
Halo Wars (+ Timeline)
Halo 3: ODST (+ Sadie's Story)
Halo: Reach (+ Data Pads, + Reach Radio Transmissions)
Halo: Anniversary (+ Terminals)
Halo 4 (+ Terminals)
Halo: Spartan Ops (included with Halo 4)
Halo: Spartan Assault (+ Operation F, and Co-Op Missions)
Halo MCC (Has everything in Halo 1, 2, 3, 4, ODST)
Halo: Spartan Strike
Halo 5: Guardians (+ Intel)
Halo Wars 2 (+ Phoenix Logs)

Board Games:
Halo Interactive Board Game(Elements from it are canon)
Halo: Fleet Battles(new sets constantly released)
Halo: Ground Command(new sets constantly released)

To be released:
Halo Online(Russia Only, currently on hiatus)

LIMITED EDITION CONTENT:
Halo 2: Conversations From the Universe
Halo 3: Bestiarum (Physical copy with H3 CE; Expanded Digital copy with H3 LE)
Halo Wars: Halo Wars: Genesis
Halo Reach: Halsey's Journal + Statue(Missing Journal Pages)
Halo 4: Infinity Briefing Packet
Halo 5: Guardians: Locke's Operation Orders + Blue Team and Osiris Dossiers

BOOKS:
Halo: The Fall of Reach (+ ancillary materials in 2010 reissue)
Halo: The Flood (+ ancillary materials in 2010 reissue)
Halo: First Strike (+ ancillary materials in 2010 reissue)
Halo: Contact Harvest
Halo: The Cole Protocol
Halo: Ghosts of Onyx
Halo: Evolutions (short-story anthology)
-Evolutions Volume 1 and 2 have extra stories
Halo: Cryptum
Halo: Primordium
Halo: Silentium
Halo: Glasslands
Halo: The Thursday War
Halo: Mortal Dictata
Halo: Broken Circle
Halo: New Blood(+ Coda)
Halo: Hunters in the Dark
Halo: Last Light
Halo: Fractures: Extraordinary Tales from the Halo Canon
-Halo: Saint’s Testimony(In Fractures, but an E-Book also)
-Halo: Shadow of Intent(In Fratures, but an E-Book also)
Halo: Smoke and Shadow

Reference Books:
Halo Wars: Prima's Official Game Guide(Character Paragraphs)
The Halo Encyclopedia(+ updated Reach content in 2011 reissue)
Halo: The Essential Visual Guide
Halo 4: The Essential Visual Guide
Halo Mythos: A guide to the story of Halo

To be released:
Halo: Envoy - 25 April 2017
Halo: Retribution - 29 September 2017
Halo: Warfleet – An Illustrated Guide to the Spacecraft of Halo - 5 September 2017
Halo: Legacy of Onyx - 16 January 2018

COMICS:
The Halo Graphic Novel
Halo: Uprising
Halo: Helljumper
Halo: Bloodline
Halo: The Fall of Reach
-Boot Camp
-Covenant
-Invasion
Halo Escalation Library Edition volume 1
-Halo: Initiation
-Halo: Escalation Volumes 1 and 2
Halo Escalation Volumes 3 and 4
Halo: Tales from Slipspace

To be released:
Halo Escalation Library Edition volume 2 - 29 June 2017

FILM/ANIMATION/CG:
Halo: Legends
Halo: Midnight in the Heart of Midlothian (Motion Comic)
Halo: The Mona Lisa (Motion Comic)
Halo: Headhunters (Motion Comic)
Halo: The Return (Motion Comic)
Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn (+ On Waypoint 360 is several clips that are related to this are exclusively there)
Halo: Infinity (cinematic companion piece to Halo: Spartan Ops)
Halo: Rebirth (audio epilogue to Halo: Silentium)
Halo: Nightfall (+Plus Second Stories)
Halo The Fall of Reach Animation

To be released:
Halo TV show - Unknown date
MARKETING/ANCILLARY/ARG:
343 Industries and Xbox stuff
Halo Waypoint Website
Halo Waypoint (Xbox 360)
Halo Channel (Xbox One)
Halo Youtube channel
-Youtube - Halo 101
Game Manual Link (This has most of the Halo manuals bar a couple)

Update related stuff
Halo Fleet Battles Announcements
Bungie.Net Archive
-Bungie Weekly Update Canon
-halo.Bungie.net archive
Halo Waypoint Universe Section
-ONI Files (Note majority of the items in this is repeat of the items already shown)
-Pre 2015 universe articles
Grims Canon Fodder (couldn't miss that one out)
-Hog Wild Req Drop - Fanon Codder
Halo Legendary Crate
Halo 4 Intel

Employee interactions
Joe Staten Interview - August 2006
BS Angels Today in Halo
Catalog Posts

Halo CE related stuff
The Defunct Xbox.com Timeline

Halo 2 related stuff
Halo: I Love Bees (ARG) (Original Source Defunct though Halopedia has everything)
Halo: Another Day at the Beach (Updated version on Halo Channel with the purchase of MCC)

Halo 3 related stuff
Halo: Iris (ARG) (Major Original Sources Defunct)
Halo: Landfall
Halo: Starry Night
Halo: Believe (A lot of info from this is found easy on Halopedia)
-Jake Courage
-Museum
-Hunted
-Enemy Weapon
-Gravesite
-The John 117 Monument

Halo Wars Related stuff
Halo Wars Community Site Timeline
Halo Wars Launch Site (Original Source Defunct)

Halo ODST Related stuff
Halo ODST Project Page
Halo: We Are ODST
ONI CANIDATE -ASSESSMENT PROGRAM V5.02A (Original Source Defunct)
Desperate Measures Vidoc

Halo Reach Related stuff
Halo Reach Project Page
Pre-order Recon Image
Halo: Reach ONI Data Drops (original source defunct)
Halo: Birth of a Spartan
Halo: Deliver Hope
RememberReach Monument (Possibly non-canon)
Halo: Remember Reach
-Newlife
-Spaceport
-Patrol
-Mixed
Halo: A Spartan will Rise
Defiant to the end

Halo Anniversary related stuff
Halo: Anniversary Campaign Trailer
Halo: Anniversary Terminals Sneak Peak
Halo: Living Monument

Halo 4 Related Stuff
Halo 4 Priority Transmissions (Also known as the Eleventh Hour Transmissions and original source defunct)
Halo: The Commissioning
Halo: Scanned (Semi-canon)
Xbox.Com Transmission
Section 3 (ARG)
(Only good place to find info on it is in the link)

Halo: MCC related stuff
Halo: MCC E3 trailer
Halo MCC Terminal Trailer

Halo 5: Guardians related stuff
Halo 5: Guardians - E3 Beta Trailer
Hunt the Truth Main Page
-Twitter [1][2][3][4](Season 1 Content)
-Sapien Sunrise Twitter (Season 1 Content)
-The Triad Twitter (Season 2 Content)
Hunt the Signal (Image Archive) (ARG)
Halo 5 E3 Hololens Experience
Halo 5: A Hero Falls
Halo 5: Launch TV Commercial
HCS Update - Season 2, Ep. 1(Opening only)

Halo Figures(Note possible changes in later lore)
Joyride Halo CE Figure descriptions
Joyride Halo 2 Figure descriptions
Halo 3 Gold Master Chief Box
Halo 3 Hellspartan Box
Megaboks: Mega Constux Halo
Halo Heroes – Episode 1: ODST Buck
Halo Heroes – Episode 2: Spartan Vale

External games
Forza Motorsport 4: Autovista - UNSC M-12 FAV Warthog
Forza Horizon 3 - M12S Warthog
This list is fantastic and is going to make me broke! Tehehe, thank you for it!
So awesome to know I have played all the games and read all the books and watched most of the film/tv
Thank-you for the complete list.
Rare update to this thread. Felt it was important enough to mention.

For recently announced Halo Games such as Halo Wars 2. In the "MARKETING/ANCILLARY/ARG" section will be the reveal trailer till more in universe marketing comes out for it. Thank you for listening.
Thank you so much for posting this thread. i know i am a bit late on finding it but now i know that im going to be broke after i get alot of this
A big update to the thread so this is made more accessible to everyone due to people asking me to add it in.

The Second post in this thread has a Community Link section now. Where it has links to places and people who discuss the lore and other similar stuff
No bias is had, regardless on how accurate, good or bad the people do it.(Rules still apply in this thread like any other)

If you feel a group or person should be added in. Please post here or send me a PM and I will add it in depending on the content in their content(so dont expect Machinima folks in this)
Great list now I would like to know how to go through this. The order would be helpful I know each topic has its order but should I read some books in between halo reach and others or what? Or is it better to read all the books, watch all the films and then games or films then books the. Games? I know they are in irder under each topic but not in chronological order of peace by peace. So I'm just wondering what to start with. I honk I will go with films for now but if someone has an idea plz let me know. Thanks.
BlAnK1226 wrote:
Great list now I would like to know how to go through this. The order would be helpful I know each topic has its order but should I read some books in between halo reach and others or what? Or is it better to read all the books, watch all the films and then games or films then books the. Games? I know they are in irder under each topic but not in chronological order of peace by peace. So I'm just wondering what to start with. I honk I will go with films for now but if someone has an idea plz let me know. Thanks.
Well this thread is more for people to find Halo Canon that's scattered around the place. In an organised order that's easy to use for those looking for media they have missed or want to catch up on.

Well its usually best to read everything in release order. For a more put together list(that has all the important stuff) Use the link below.
Halopedia Cheat Sheet
That is the best way for anyone going into this. Seeing as you see the Halo Story evolve as you go.

If you want a basic chronological order. Use the link below.
Basic Story OrderThis wont have everything. But its a good basic order to go by :)

If you want a big list of every chapter/comic page/online media in order. Use my Halo Canon Order(links in my sig). But note I dont recommend it till you have a a great understanding of the Halo Lore. Seeing how deep it goes
Should the helmet preorder bonus for Noble DLC be listed? I think it's nice little explanation for armor effects haha. There's also the Monument to Noble Team. Also does this still count as canon?
Should the helmet preorder bonus for Noble DLC be listed? I think it's nice little explanation for armor effects haha. There's also the Monument to Noble Team. Also does this still count as canon?
Well that Pre-order bonus is a little weird. I struggle to add it in considering that its repeat info pretty much of whats in the Games already twice. Bar the fire part.
And well its a ODST helmet. But the description says Mark V. So really its a flawed description. Making me ponder if it should be added or not.

The Monument to Noble team. Really hard to say if its canon or just a community event(like many of Halo Reach's marketing). So I will add it with a note saying possibly non-canon.

And the Cortana Letters... thats something we would need a direct statement about. But seeing as every single mention of it in the past says its not canon. Well I will refrain from putting it up so I dont mislead people.

That said this post did remind me to add in a few items.
Such as the Halo Wars Community Site Timeline.
The Defunct Xbox.com Timeline.

Forgot to add those in considering they are official timelines.
I would like to address a point that I been getting told to add, and why they are not getting put in this.

While it is an amazing read. Stuff like "A fistful of Arrows" its sadly not canon so I am cant add it in. (if 343i later decides to say it is, I will add that particular example in)

Note I might change this decision later on if I go though with a side project I am planning. But at the current time its best I leave it out.
nice list now i know where to spend my money and time
These two obscure videos/ads have questionable canon significance, though pretty interesting nonetheless.
https://youtu.be/J3OoAGQgTaUhttps://youtu.be/tbxukO-tJ4g

Perhaps you should add them?
nkTJH wrote:
These two obscure videos/ads have questionable canon significance, though pretty interesting nonetheless.
https://youtu.be/J3OoAGQgTaUhttps://youtu.be/tbxukO-tJ4g

Perhaps you should add them?
Sadly the questionable canon status of them is very high and thus make it hard for me to add them in.

In other news.
The while the ONI Files does indeed have a few of the items in this list. The fact that there is no images in them yet makes the original sources/Halopedia a slightly better source to use. Despite that I still put down a link to the ONI files section in the List here.

Also the Limited Edition content have their own section now. Just so its easier to know what is canon or not outta them.
This is a great thread. Thanks for making it and putting in the time and effort to update it. I'm sure it is a lot of work. I appreciate it.
Updated Community Resources to suit the recent canon fodder.

Thank Grim for pointing out a few lore places. The more the merrier I say. Gets the community more linked together :D
Here is something that is being added to the community section.

Official Megabloks Halo Collectors Site

Main reason is the canon in this is very debated though it can be easy to use it as a community site. So there is that.
Added two things into the MARKETING/ANCILLARY/ARG: section for Halo Anniversary related stuff.

Halo: Anniversary Campaign Trailer(M)
Halo: Anniversary Terminals Sneak Peak(M)

These two things can very easily fit in.
The campaign trailer is Keyes reviewing data from Reach after he woke up on the POA
The Terminals Sneak peak is pretty much Spark saying recover my terminals please after terminal 1.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2