Forums / Community / Halo Universe

The Halo Story, and where to find it. V2

OP CIA391

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Just a small update
1. Its been like this for a couple months now. But the second post was changed from a community section into a marketing section. But felt it deserved to be mentioned as it was a huge change.
2. I updated all the release dates of all the "To be released" items to the currently known info so this thread is as up to date as can be.
3. I added a few more items to the marketing post also so its more complete than ever before. To be exact the Addition of the Halo 101 videos. And also added the Defiant to the end video from Halo Reach.
4. Plus a few other small fixes and tidy ups. That help improve user experience.
Added Halo Figures section to MARKETING/ANCILLARY/ARG: .

This is due to the fact that descriptions sometimes have lore info with them.
Though hold this section with a pinch of salt as some info was changed during the change from Halo CE to Halo 2 and so on.

Current content in the section as of this post is as follows.
Quote:
Joyride Halo CE Figure descriptions
Joyride Halo 2 Figure descriptions
Halo 3 Gold Master Chief Box
Halo 3 Hellspartan Box
Alright update time
This update has a few things to it.

1. Added the full Halo Fracture title
2. Added the Halo Heroes Megabloks shorts cause Grim called them "Canon Gone crazy".
3. Sorted out some of the placement of some items for user friendliness.
4. Added the Forza Horizon 3 Warthog to the list.

Future plans for next update
1. Considering making a seperate section for canon in non-halo games.
I updated the to be released section for the books. It now says the following:
Quote:
Halo: Smoke and Shadow - 28 November 2016
Halo: Envoy - 25 April 2017
Halo: Retribution - 26 September 2017
Halo: Legacy of Onyx - 26 December 2017
Halo: Warfleet – An Illustrated Guide to the Spacecraft of Halo - 2017
I hope this helps you lot get ahold of the latest Halo books coming in the following year.
Anyone think theres a way we could get the mods to pin this and the other 'Canon Order' thread at the top of this forum? It's a really great resource. :)
Halo 4 Intel

This post is going over the internet archive of the Halo 4 Intel, otherwise known as the Halo 4 Interactive Guide. While the Interactive guide is no longer working in the internet archive sadly only allowing the intro to work. Here is links to areas you can get to see the text versions of them.
*Not technically part of the original guide but the information in it is the ingame map descriptions.
CIA391 thank you so much for the lists :-) My cronilogical collection beyond the first 4 books and Mythos begins now :-)
CIA391 wrote:
I updated the to be released section for the books. It now says the following:
Quote:
Halo: Smoke and Shadow - 28 November 2016
Halo: Envoy - 25 April 2017
Halo: Retribution - 26 September 2017
Halo: Legacy of Onyx - 26 December 2017
Halo: Warfleet – An Illustrated Guide to the Spacecraft of Halo - 2017
I hope this helps you lot get ahold of the latest Halo books coming in the following year.
Thanks This is amazing and so very helpful
I fixed up the thread a lil adding in Halo Envoy and also fixed up the upcoming releases for several items including Halo Rise of Atriox.

I also did a lil spring cleaning for some of the more obscure stuff having broken links. Well fear not they are fixed now.
I think the Book actually go like this and I have evidence why If your curious

Contact harvest (fav) (first contact with the covenant)
Cole protocol
fall of reach
first strike(the halo array)
the flood(the halo array)
ghosts of onyx(I believe)(fav)

glass lands(new story/ finishes what happens to ghost of onyx)
the Thursday war
Morta dictata

Cole protocol
fall of reach

the Thursday war
Morta dictata
First Strike happens after The Flood. Its like a direct Sequel to it. :)
CIA391 wrote:

Cole protocol
fall of reach

the Thursday war
Morta dictata
First Strike happens after The Flood. Its like a direct Sequel to it. :)
That's right thanks. Totally forgot
hey I love the list you have made but I am so confused I have looked everywhere on bungies site on this site and on 343's site (idk if it was there official site) but I cannot find anywhere where it says the books are Canon I cannot find anything saying anything is Canon so I am just confused about where you got your information I believe you along with everybody else that says the books or canon I just want to know where you found that because I hear everyone saying that 343 says something is canon and i am so comfused as to where they say it is officially there content. please write back so i can start the fall of reach i just got!
KYwilcats wrote:
hey I love the list you have made but I am so confused I have looked everywhere on bungies site on this site and on 343's site (idk if it was there official site) but I cannot find anywhere where it says the books are Canon I cannot find anything saying anything is Canon so I am just confused about where you got your information I believe you along with everybody else that says the books or canon I just want to know where you found that because I hear everyone saying that 343 says something is canon and i am so comfused as to where they say it is officially there content. please write back so i can start the fall of reach i just got!
Trust me. I wouldnt have made this list if the materials on it werent canon in some form. :) Plus unless 343i state otherwise or its real obvious something aint canon. Its canon.

Regardless here is two sources for ye. But there is many more.
1. Halo Novels 1012. Halo 4 Panel | RTX 2012 (39:30: "the books are all canonical.")
thank you for responding. I would think they would have made a list somewhere like his website of everything but its whatever. Thank you for showing me that I will definitely have to go to halos youtube often now. Thanks so much I never relized how litle I knew about Halo untill now. The list is amazing
Updated to fix a few minor problems. And also added a section dedicated to Story DLC. Right now it only holds the Halo Wars 2 DLC
Useful links for Halo Media in certain orders
Here is an updated list of Useful links for you all to use if you prefer Halo Media in another way.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2