The Halo Story, and Where You Can Find It

OP GrimBrother One

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Quote:
Halo: Bestiarum (A) (Physical copy with H3 CE; Expanded Digital copy with H3 LE)
What is the canon value of the Bestiarum ?

and is there a big difference between the physical and the digital one ?
Quote:
Quote:
Halo: Bestiarum (A) (Physical copy with H3 CE; Expanded Digital copy with H3 LE)
What is the canon value of the Bestiarum ?

and is there a big difference between the physical and the digital one ?
It is canon, if we go by 343i's way, everythings equal.

Want a better idea of how it fits
Well the Bestiarum in the best possible way I can say it is a record of some kind.
It was made after Halo 2 due to comments made in it, hinting towards that.

This record seems interesting though, I mean who made it is a mystery.
Awesome list. very nice work.

Could you consider making anthor list with the books/games/etc in the order that they happened? Ive seen quite a few forumers who have wanted to know that question.
Thanks, D2 :-) In regards to your second question, CIA actually has a great thread that might be what you are looking for. Check it out here.

Hope that helps!

Grim
Quote:
Thanks, D2 :-) In regards to your second question, CIA actually has a great thread that might be what you are looking for. Check it out here.

Hope that helps!

Grim
I keep it updated also. Just in case the age of the thread scared anyone. ^^
Updated to include Halo: Spartan Assault, as well as some ancillary/marketing pieces that some of you have mentioned.

Speaking of H:SA, I recorded an interview with 343's Kevin Grace at E3 yesterday that included a particular emphasis on story, specifically with our beloved Waypoint Universe Forum in mind ;-) Will have it up in the next few days.

Love,
Grim
CIA here with something I had for ages, lost canon
Halo Wars Launch Site Transcripts
Now these are the two transcripts from when Halo Wars had a launch site. Sadly it got taken down but I finally had the guts to post it somewhere. Hence you are getting lost canon.
Only pure source to acually get this is in my link and it is canon. Its what happens inbetween Halo Wars Genesis and Halo Wars.
Hope you enjoy
Halo: Initiation? When and why did Dark Horse acquire the liscence to Halo?
Quote:
Halo: Initiation? When and why did Dark Horse acquire the liscence to Halo?
By looking into it, I have reason to believe it was just because it was fun. And that Dark Horse do good jobs on the stuff they do. I personally like Dark Horse. Liked there Mass Effect Comics personally
Heres something else noteworthy that most people even owners of Halo 4 Limited Edition cant possibly all read.
http://w11.zetaboards.com/Halo_Archive/topic/8916342/1/#new
Good Lord Grim! This is fantastic!

I have a lot of reading to do!
Great work, Grim.
Hi Spartans,

first of all, the topic is amazing !!

now, my doubt: probably you are tired to answer this and my doubt must already be somewhere else in this fórum, but in a first view I couldn't find it. So, I would appreciate if anybody could help me. My doubt is a chronological one:

Where does the history of the game Halo Reach fit into the entire history of Halo?

I know it is after Halo Wars and before Halo Combat Evolved, but let me explain my doubt... during the history of Halo Reach I had the impression that Cortana had been created and delivered to Keyes before the Pillar of the Autumn took off.. but, during the history of the 3 comic books, based on the book, Fall of Reach the AI Cortana had been delivered to Master Chief in ground... not in the Pillar of Autumn..

My guess: after the Pillar of Autumn took off in Reach, it landed somewhere else in the planet Reach and the meeting between Cortana and Master Chief happened.. from this moment, the history of the comic book continues.

I thanks a lot for your attention and I am looking forward any ideas to confirm or not my guess about my doubt.

Kajú
Quote:
Hi Spartans,

now, my doubt: probably you are tired to answer this and my doubt must already be somewhere else in this fórum, but in a first view I couldn't find it. So, I would appreciate if anybody could help me. My doubt is a chronological one:

Where does the history of the game Halo Reach fit into the entire history of Halo?

I know it is after Halo Wars and before Halo Combat Evolved, but let me explain my doubt... during the history of Halo Reach I had the impression that Cortana had been created and delivered to Keyes before the Pillar of the Autumn took off.. but, during the history of the 3 comic books, based on the book, Fall of Reach the AI Cortana had been delivered to Master Chief in ground... not in the Pillar of Autumn..

My guess: after the Pillar of Autumn took off in Reach, it landed somewhere else in the planet Reach and the meeting between Cortana and Master Chief happened.. from this moment, the history of the comic book continues.

I thanks a lot for your attention and I am looking forward any ideas to confirm or not my guess about my doubt.

Kajú
The events of Reach occur directly before that of Combat Evolved. The book originally spans about 40 years i believe and details the story of Master Chief. By the end of the book, we are lead to the opening scene of CE, as with the game. Anywho, i'm not sure about the comics and whatnot, i just know that the book details Cortana aiding Chief on a few missions before the Autumn flees Reach. The game explains this very poorly, if at all, and doesn't do a very good job. After a few comics were released, the book was re-released in 2010, with additional content and some minor errors revised. If you haven't read the book, i recommend you do. You'll gain a far better understanding.
Quote:
Quote:
Hi Spartans,

Kajú
The events of Reach occur directly before that of Combat Evolved. The book originally spans about 40 years i believe and details the story of Master Chief. By the end of the book, we are lead to the opening scene of CE, as with the game. Anywho, i'm not sure about the comics and whatnot, i just know that the book details Cortana aiding Chief on a few missions before the Autumn flees Reach. The game explains this very poorly, if at all, and doesn't do a very good job. After a few comics were released, the book was re-released in 2010, with additional content and some minor errors revised. If you haven't read the book, i recommend you do. You'll gain a far better understanding.
The game was meant to focus on Noble team though. At least Chief was in an easter egg.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi Spartans,

Kajú
The game was meant to focus on Noble team though. At least Chief was in an easter egg.
Correct, but Noble Team weren't meant to exist on Reach at the time. In fact, the only place that S-lll's were meant to exist was on Onyx. The fact that they were in the game leaves a huge plot hole. I get that they don't want to tell the same story twice, but if thats the case, then why not tell it in the perspective of Sgt Johnson, or another member of Blue Team for that matter?
Spartans,

I was wondering.. what if the Noble Team was a secret squad... well not that secret because they've got contact with a lot of marines.

But, what if those marines were from a specific division.. or were under specific orders from someone inside ONI? Someone with enough influence and political power could be able to manage all of the UNSC forces we've seen in the game Halo Reach.. just some points that sustain this: in New Alexandria, the first marines that get in touch with Noble Six got suprised to meet a Spartan.. another point is that besides Noble Team, I don't remember to see any other Spartan around Reach.. another point is that since the begin of John 117 training, he always shows himself to be an outlier among others, so it should be reasonable to call him..

Now, returning a little bit about the game Halo Reach history.. Noble 2 started to analyze the card Noble Six found in a scientist pocket.. after some time, the Noble Team got in touch with Dr Halsey and she kept the card with her... after some time they found her in a secret base where Dr Halsey delivered to Noble Six simply Cortana... then the history went to Pillar of Autumn.

With that, I thought it would be probable that the Pillar took off and landed somewhere in Reach to happen the events in the comic book Halo Fall of Reach Invasion.. the third part of the comic book Fall of Reach..

Again, thank a lot for your attention

Kajú
What about the SOF logs on Graeme Devine's site? I know it says there fan fiction but Halopidia list some of it as canon.
Excellent post. I missed out on a few of the more recent books, and am looking to play catch up. Thanks!
Appreciate the kind words, folks. Thanks! Hope it helps keep people plugged into the universe!

<3
Grim
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3