Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Universe

The Halo Tv Show Should be a ODST story

OP gavinterminator

The show should be similar to band of brothers with ODSTs as the main characters.

If the show were were to follow Spartans there’d be next to no tension in the fights because they’d super humans. With ODSTs you can tell a darker story with more boots on the ground action filled with drama and tension.

Especially with the recent drama surrounding the show I think this may be the best option.

This show would be the best way on getting people interested in the series and needs to be great!
Isn't the show going to be about the Master Chief? I agree that a Band of Brothers style ODST show would be amazing, but I don't think that is what we will be getting with this particular series. Perhaps if this show does well then we could see something like this in the future.

The Chief is the most readily recognizable character in Halo, so it makes sense to start off with a series about the Chief that could bring in new audiences. Then once 343 and Showtime have that new audience, they could introduce them to the ODSTs (perhaps have some episodes of this Chief-centric series focus on some ODSTs to give them a taste).
Problem is, I feel like there's already too large a swathe of sci-fi soldier stories. I feel like the Halo TV show should focus more on the aspects of Halo that make it unique: the mystique, intrigue, and beauty in the Forerunners. The Covenant's politics. ONI's meddling. That sort've thing.

If I had it my way, it'd be a post-war TV series. It'd be a show made for fans, and therefore wouldn't require introducing people to the Human-Covenant war.
This is facts. Ive always asked myself this question. It would appeal to hardcore halo fans and bring in a new audience. I think it would be a good idea if it was grity and dark, showing the horrors and victories of and odst squad and not some god like being. Also new people watching can get a feel for the halo universe, and look at halo as less nerdy and more dark and realistic. Yall are lame talkin abt how this wouldn't work and it should be abt master chief and politics. Now it would be cool if master chief and other Spartans made cameos, but politics? Are you serious? Idk why i even bother tho because we all know a halo show is not happening anytime soon :(
Jewlevel99 wrote:
This is facts. Ive always asked myself this question. It would appeal to hardcore halo fans and bring in a new audience. I think it would be a good idea if it was grity and dark, showing the horrors and victories of and odst squad and not some god like being. Also new people watching can get a feel for the halo universe, and look at halo as less nerdy and more dark and realistic. Yall are lame talkin abt how this wouldn't work and it should be abt master chief and politics. Now it would be cool if master chief and other Spartans made cameos, but politics? Are you serious? Idk why i even bother tho because we all know a halo show is not happening anytime soon :(
There is a Halo TV Show for Showtime already in the making.
As of now it is supposed to be released in 2021, altough it isn't unlikey
that it'll get post-poned because of the current covid-19 pandemic.
I think a Halo ODST live action TV Series going in a style of Band of Brothers will be a great idea. It will be great to see Buck, Veronica, Dutch, Romeo and Mickey coming back in the Halo ODST live action TV Series. It will also be amazing to see some of the cast from Game of Thrones appearing in the Halo ODST live action TV Series. I would love to see Rose Leslie and Kit Harrington playing as the main characters in the Halo ODST live action TV Series.
I would have preferred following a unit of non augmented troops through the war, with spartans making short but highly memorable appearances.
We would have also been able to see more of the human side with the ODST oppose to Spartans
i think your right
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Hello, I have a question that I am very curious to hear from everyone. And, it's about the Halo TV Series from Showtime. Where will the story start? Is it possible that the Halo TV Series will be set during the Fall of Reach? Do you see that happened? Would like to hear your thoughts.
I'm obsessed with ODST so I wouldn't oppose this thought