Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Universe

The Pilot's Name

OP ONI Recon Bravo

So the press release thread thing confirmed that the Brute warlord from the trailer is called Escharum, and yet the pilot is still only referred to as "the pilot".

Possible reasons:

1) Ease of reference; it's pretty obvious who they're referring to when the mention the pilot and introducing a name that wasn't mentioned in the trailers might be confusing. Then again, this obviously didn't happen to Escharum.

2) There's a twist coming; he's a previously established character, or perhaps related to one. Except this feels a little trite, not to mention that I feel that would take away from his character; he's a random survivor caught up in events beyond his control and giving some vague connection to another character would just feel contrived.

3) We never actually find out his name in the game proper for whatever reason. Seems like a really odd narrative choice if that's the case.

4) It's just a coincidence and I have way too much free time.

Edit:

Welp nvm they already said it's 1: https://www.ign.com/articles/halo-infinite-villain-and-story-details-revealed
He will forever be Brohammer.
Or you could use his Pelican callsign, Echo-216. It’s a nice nod to Foehammer’s Echo-419
Or you could use his Pelican callsign, Echo-216. It’s a nice nod to Foehammer’s Echo-419
Negative Infinity, I don't like it.
*Signals to bridge crew* "Lieutenant! Arrest that man!"
His name is actually Nicolas Roye BTW.
His name is actually Nicolas Roye BTW.
Na that's the actor - he also voices Octane in Apex Legends
Sorry, I'm sure we'll find out soon.
Can't find the link but I read he was named by the voice actor, Nicolas Roye and that the pilot's name is a combination of Roye's two childhood friend's names.
Y'all had me laughing my Assassination! off.
Anyway, from what I've seen so far, I don't like him seems like he's given up, understandable but Never surrender
Cheficide wrote:
Y'all had me laughing my Assassination! off.
Anyway, from what I've seen so far, I don't like him seems like he's given up, understandable but Never surrender
I don’t think he’s given up, but he’s really been missing his wife and child from the looks of things. If you remember back to the Discover Hope trailer, he was super pumped because he thought that they were going to head home, plus I mean he did sit there for an extended period of time watching that recording of his wife and daughter before the Pelican detected Chief’s signal nearby.
I miss echo-419 Foehamer snif
I think that calling him the pilot is fine for now but when the game comes out I want to know his real name. Imagine this, if you had called Johnson just "The Sergeant Major" or Cortana "The AI" it wouldn't have had the same effect. Calling him Echo-216 would work with people like Foehammer because she didn't play a very big role in the game but it seems like The Pilot is going to play a much bigger role than Foehammer so there needs to be more know about his character. Also he sounds and looks Spanish (not to be stereotypical but he does) so give him a name that suites his character.
Craig junior. He only came to the installation to find his long-lost dad