OP GreenleafCM

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8
As a short summary of the significance of his life it's fine, seeing as how the most significant aspects of his life occurred with no other Spartans involved.
Quote:
As a short summary of the significance of his life it's fine, seeing as how the most significant aspects of his life occurred with no other Spartans involved.
No, it's not fine. And what you just said is exactly the kind of misguided attitude that perpetuates these sort of glaring omissions and keeps the fanbase at large in the dark in regards to Halo's lore and canon.

If 343 wants to expore the Chief more as a character and wants players to think about him as such, how is leaving out 99% of the people that have been involved with him and shared the majority of his life experiences "fine"? How is not even giving Sam's death a mention, a grief that stuck with the Chief his entire life, "fine"? How is not mentioning the Chief's experiences leading his team, the crux of his entire character up to the games, "fine"? There is no good reason for them to completely ignore the Chief's history, particularly in a biographical piece like this one that should be informing people about more than just what happened in the games.
Quote:
Quote:
No, it's not fine. And what you just said is exactly the kind of misguided attitude that perpetuates these sort of glaring omissions and keeps the fanbase at large in the dark in regards to Halo's lore and canon.

If 343 wants to expore the Chief more as a character and wants players to think about him as such, how is leaving out 99% of the people that have been involved with him and shared the majority of his life experiences "fine"? How is not even giving Sam's death a mention, a grief that stuck with the Chief his entire life, "fine"? How is not mentioning the Chief's experiences leading his team, the crux of his entire character up to the games, "fine"? There is no good reason for them to completely ignore the Chief's history, particularly in a biographical piece like this one that should be informing people about more than just what happened in the games.
Okay hold up. First of all, where do you get the impression that Sam's death was some major impacting force on the Chief? In nearly all of the stories following the Chief, he's hardly mentioned at all; beyond The Fall of Reach, he's only mentioned in Ghosts of Onyx once to establish that Kurt had taken his place. Other than that Sam is hardly ever a factor in anything the Chief ever thinks about. You're artificially inflating his role to support your argument.

As for the other Blue Team characters, they were an influence on his life indeed, but the most significant aspects of his life occurred in the games, IE: when Blue wasn't around, with other characters beyond them having a larger and more lasting impact on those events than Blue did. They should be mentioned, but Blue Team, while important, exist in a world distinct from the Chief as we currently know him. They could mention Blue Team sure, but that won't give anyone reading the encyclopedia entries who doesn't already know about them any reason to care or any context to go off of beyond "they exist" (Hint: this is the exact problem Destiny has). Unless you want to blow up the Chief's biography to actual encyclopedic lengths, then there isn't much they could do to fit Blue Team comfortably in the point they were trying to get across with his entry, which is to say, a short summary of the significance of his life, not a dissertation on his entire life.
Has anybody considered that maybe Chief's biography, is a single entry based entirely on him, while Blue Team, or other Spartan teams, would have their own entry, separate from Chief? Has anybody considered that thats where Chief, and Blue Team's feats would be discussed?

Of course, this isn't confirmed fact, i'm just raising a possibility that people seem to have overlooked.
Quote:
Okay hold up. First of all, where do you get the impression that Sam's death was some major impacting force on the Chief? In nearly all of the stories following the Chief, he's hardly mentioned at all; beyond The Fall of Reach, he's only mentioned in Ghosts of Onyx once to establish that Kurt had taken his place. Other than that Sam is hardly ever a factor in anything the Chief ever thinks about. You're artificially inflating his role to support your argument.
I get that impression since every story that has been told from the Chief's perspective has him reflecting about what happened to Sam in some capacity. Sam's death in 'The Fall of Reach' instilled in John the knowledge that heavy prices would be paid in the coming war, as well as the principle (which would become one of his staple ideologies) of just what was "a life spent versus a life wasted". In 'Ghosts of Onyx' the Chief has all of his squad check their armor thoroughly for fear over what happened to Sam. In 'First Strike' as he's looking over the list of MIA Spartans he stops and thinks of Sam and renews his resolve to keep on fighting. Ergo, yes, Sam's death did haunt him for the rest of his life and it effected him greatly as a leader and as a person. I'm not inflating anything, the actual canon material supports my argument just fine.

Quote:
As for the other Blue Team characters, they were an influence on his life indeed, but the most significant aspects of his life occurred in the games, IE: when Blue wasn't around, with other characters beyond them having a larger and more lasting impact on those events than Blue did. They should be mentioned, but Blue Team, while important, exist in a world distinct from the Chief as we currently know him. They could mention Blue Team sure, but that won't give anyone reading the encyclopedia entries who doesn't already know about them any reason to care or any context to go off of beyond "they exist" (Hint: this is the exact problem Destiny has). Unless you want to blow up the Chief's biography to actual encyclopedic lengths, then there isn't much they could do to fit Blue Team comfortably in the point they were trying to get across with his entry, which is to say, a short summary of the significance of his life, not a dissertation on his entire life.
So again, you're falling back on the faulty logic that in spite of their training and 30+ years of history together, just because Blue Team wasn't in the games means that they don't even deserve a mention in a biography that is supposed to be providing factual information about the Chief's life and character? The events of the games may be big and bombastic, but they are only a part of what defines the Chief as a person - everything in that regard has largely happened in the EU when he is with his Spartans. And considering the fact that a lot of people still don't know that other Spartan-IIs do indeed exist, how is it not a good time to let people know that? Again, three sentences would be enough and they could certainly fit in comfortably with what was included. The Chief's whole life has practically revolved around the importance of teamwork, and most of that was done with his fellow Spartans, yet in this entry they make it sound like he is literally the only Spartan-II to have ever existed. How is that tying the Chief's story in better with the lore as a whole, or examining his character beyond what we've just seen in the games?
Quote:
Has anybody considered that maybe Chief's biography, is a single entry based entirely on him, while Blue Team, or other Spartan teams, would have their own entry, separate from Chief? Has anybody considered that thats where Chief, and Blue Team's feats would be discussed?

Of course, this isn't confirmed fact, i'm just raising a possibility that people seem to have overlooked.
I would like to hope you're right...but seeing as how there's absolutely nothing about Blue Team on Waypoint currently, and that the "link to an additional biography" that could be seen on the Halo Channel preview went to Lasky of all people, I have my doubts. Again, it's the way that every bit of information we're getting about the future of the story and the way 343 is handling it does not reflect at all their promises that "they care about these characters", "the unique nature of the Spartans' relationships is something we want to expand on", and that "we have plans for them" - and that both frustrates and confuses me.

I want to believe that 343 can handle my favorite franchise and characters with respect...but they're consistently not giving me any reason to do so. And with this latest slap in the face to the Chief's history, I'm running out of patience with them and their empty promises.
Quote:
I would like to hope you're right...but seeing as how there's absolutely nothing about Blue Team on Waypoint currently, and that the "link to an additional biography" that could be seen on the Halo Channel preview went to Lasky of all people, I have my doubts.
Perhaps if you waited until it released, because as i said, you can't really judge from one entry, and we haven't seen the entire encyclopaedia, let alone what the rest of the Halo channel entails, you might see a lot more than what was shown.

Quote:
Again, it's the way that every bit of information we're getting about the future of the story and the way 343 is handling it does not reflect at all their promises that "they care about these characters", "the unique nature of the Spartan's relationships is something we want to expand on", and that "we have plans for them" - and that both frustrates and confuses me.
I think this is a very well known fact at this point. Blue Team is all but confirmed to appear in Halo 5, and we know this judging by Fred's appearance in the very first vidoc that 343i showed for the game. You can't say that they don't care much for these characters, either, because they have displayed extensive knowledge of these characters and their origin. The very first scene of Halo 4 shows 6 year old John in his pod after being conscripted into the program. The scanned trailer shows the aftermath of their augmentations, and glimpses into John's past.

Yes, i understand that some of 343i's choices can be frustrating, and some of their inconsistencies can be laughable. But to say they are careless, and have no understanding of these characters, is a but much. Wait until the thing actually comes out, then rant all you want.
Quote:
I think this is a very well known fact at this point. Blue Team is all but confirmed to appear in Halo 5, and we know this judging by Fred's appearance in the very first vidoc that 343i showed for the game. You can't say that they don't care much for these characters, either, because they have displayed extensive knowledge of these characters and their origin. The very first scene of Halo 4 shows 6 year old John in his pod after being conscripted into the program. The scanned trailer shows the aftermath of their augmentations, and glimpses into John's past.

Yes, i understand that some of 343i's choices can be frustrating, and some of their inconsistencies can be laughable. But to say they are careless, and have no understanding of these characters, is a but much. Wait until the thing actually comes out, then rant all you want.
Thanks for writing out such a reasonable response, and I appreciate your perspective. Perhaps I am letting my emotions rule me here, but at the same time the question still remains - if they do supposedly have plans for Blue Team, why have we really not seen any build up for them outside of a random, unexplained Fred-cameo and a rather rushed 3 issues of a comic? Locke is getting tons of build up right now, and the Arbiter is being reintroduced as a major player as well. I just really feel like time is running out for a Blue Team introduction...and since I can't voice my concerns to the folks that make the game, discussing these things via the forums is the best I got to try and see if anyone else is having the same frustrations. :\
The Halo Channel is not even released and people are already complaining. Not surprised.

John's biography was centered around him and his feats. If I remember right the only characters aside him cited were Cortana, Robert Watts and the Didact. So because of that is presumable that 343 is planning erase The Arbiter, Lord Hood, Lasky, Librarian from the Halo story now on ? Blue Team ?

Sorry I don't understand how you came to that conclusion, actually it sounds like trolling to me.

Edit

Lasky was there because the topic was Halo 4: Foward Unto Dawn.
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for writing out such a reasonable response, and I appreciate your perspective. Perhaps I am letting my emotions rule me here, but at the same time the question still remains - if they do supposedly have plans for Blue Team, why have we really not seen any build up for them outside of a random, unexplained Fred-cameo and a rather rushed 3 issues of a comic? Locke is getting tons of build up right now, and the Arbiter is being reintroduced as a major player as well. I just really feel like time is running out for a Blue Team introduction...and since I can't voice my concerns to the folks that make the game, discussing these things via the forums is the best I got to try and see if anyone else is having the same frustrations. :\
A short film or series (hell, even an animated one) about the Spartans' training and past missions would've been a brilliant way to introduce Blue Team to the masses. I've always been hoping to see more about that aspect of the story anyway. As long as it stays faithful to Nylund that is -- going by 343i's current trends the Spartans would probably spend 90% of the time hating on Halsey.
Quote:
A short film or series (hell, even an animated one) about the Spartans' training and past missions would've been a brilliant way to introduce Blue Team to the masses. I've always been hoping to see more about that aspect of the story anyway. As long as it stays faithful to Nylund that is -- going by 343i's current trends the Spartans would probably spend 90% of the time hating on Halsey.
Thats more Karen Travis, much less 343i themselves. If SpOps is any indication, there won't be much Halsey bashing from any of the characters save for Palmer. And if there is, hopefully it would be more reasonably contained than the facepalm-worthy Kilo-5.
Quote:
John's biography was centered around him and his feats. If I remember right the only characters aside him cited were Cortana, Robert Watts and the Didact. So because of that is presumable that 343 is planning erase The Arbiter, Lord Hood, Lasky, Librarian from the Halo story now on ? Blue Team ?

Sorry I don't understand how you came to that conclusion, actually it sounds like trolling to me.
Yes, the bio was centered on John's exploits - but still why not at least mention Blue Team, since they took the time and space in that biography to make note of the mission that involved Watts? The Chief certainly didn't do that alone, yet they make it sound like he did. And if Cortana gets to be mentioned in the sections about the events in the games, why omit Blue Team from the sections about his life prior to that? They're still an important part of his history. It just doesn't seem logical to not say one single thing about them.

No, I'm not trolling. I came to this conclusion because now even brand new characters like Locke are getting more exposure than Blue Team - who have been a part of this franchise just as long as the Chief and are just as relevant to his character as Cortana. Yet they can't even get a single nod in his biography? And I presume said bio is meant to provide people with a way to see some more information about the Chief, and yet it guts almost everything about his exploits other than what we've already seen in the games...

I just don't see where 343 is going with this, and how that fulfills what they've said they want to do in terms of exploring the Chief's character and tie his story into the lore more. That is my hang up. I've been waiting and seeing for 3 years; and with less than a year left until we get some major story reveals, what I've seen thus far has not given me cause to not speak up about concerns that I have.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Didn't they do that with "The Package" in Halo Legends?
Quote:
Quote:
I get that impression since every story that has been told from the Chief's perspective has him reflecting about what happened to Sam in some capacity. Sam's death in 'The Fall of Reach' instilled in John the knowledge that heavy prices would be paid in the coming war, as well as the principle (which would become one of his staple ideologies) of just what was "a life spent versus a life wasted". In 'Ghosts of Onyx' the Chief has all of his squad check their armor thoroughly for fear over what happened to Sam. In 'First Strike' as he's looking over the list of MIA Spartans he stops and thinks of Sam and renews his resolve to keep on fighting. Ergo, yes, Sam's death did haunt him for the rest of his life and it effected him greatly as a leader and as a person. I'm not inflating anything, the actual canon material supports my argument just fine.
Except for Halo 1, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4, Halo: The Flood (iirc), Escalation, The Halo Graphic Novel, Halo Uprising, The Package, and Palace Hotel. And I recall only one scene in Ghosts of Onyx where the Master Chief is even a character, and they were on ground, not space, so there was no risk of the same thing happening. It was this scene that establishes that Kurt had taken over Sam's position. Even if he does think about what happened to Sam, how does that mean his death haunted him? All it means is that he's got more experience and knows what to check for; that's not some deep traumatic memories coming back to haunt him, that's just a man taking the lessons learned previously and learning from them, IE: common sense.

But let's be clear what you're saying here. You're still inflating Sam's role, firstly because he isn't nearly as mentioned or thought about as you make him out to be, but because you also initially made him out to be some deep haunting memory, akin to something like PTSD. The only scene you've mentioned so far beyond the Fall of Reach that indicates any lasting impact Sam had was the one in First Strike, but it is not in a manner of a "grief stricken soldier mourning the loss for decades," it's portrayed in the manner of "a weary leader thinking about his dead comrades and renews his resolve to keep fighting." Sam was hardly the only Spartan's death that strengthened his resolve, Sam merely sticks out for being the first.

I'll grant you that Sam' death was the Ur-Example of MC's life philosophy, but again, they'd have to explain that the Chief even has one. The ramifications of everything you're saying is stretching the boundaries of this short summary mighty thin.

Quote:
Quote:
So again, you're falling back on the faulty logic that in spite of their training and 30+ years of history together, just because Blue Team wasn't in the games means that they don't even deserve a mention in a biography that is supposed to be providing factual information about the Chief's life and character? The events of the games may be big and bombastic, but they are only a part of what defines the Chief as a person - everything in that regard has largely happened in the EU when he is with his Spartans. And considering the fact that a lot of people still don't know that other Spartan-IIs do indeed exist, how is it not a good time to let people know that? Again, three sentences would be enough and they could certainly fit in comfortably with what was included. The Chief's whole life has practically revolved around the importance of teamwork, and most of that was done with his fellow Spartans, yet in this entry they make it sound like he is literally the only Spartan-II to have ever existed. How is that tying the Chief's story in better with the lore as a whole, or examining his character beyond what we've just seen in the games?
This isn't about who the chief is as a person, it's about why the Chief matters, a biography about the significant aspects of his, not a character study. Blue Team is significant only internally to the Chief himself, they are not significant externally the accomplishments he's had over his lengthy career. Anyone who isn't a lore buff doesn't know about Blue Team, as such, they have no need to care. If they want the wider audience to know who Blue team is, this short summary of the chief's significance is not the place to do this in, and in no way does this one tiny example indicate anything about the "erasure of Blue Team" or any other overblown nonsense like that. Hell you claim that they hardly acknowledge the existence of other Spartan II's, and that's objectively false because the entire biography up to the point of the Fall of Reach uses the word Spartans in plural and refers to other members of the program by proxy, acknowledging that the Chief was their leader.

But hay, let's look at the actual content of the Channel preview. Wolfkill tells us that we can pull up the Encyclopedia on whatever we are seeing and get some lore about it. If a user wanted to say, I dunno, know who the other two Spartan II's are in Forward Unto Dawn (the movie they demo'd this with) then bam, they know who Fred, Kelly and by extension Blue are. But this one particular entry wasn't about Blue, it was about Chief and the most significant events of his life in an exceedingly short summary. Blue will seem to have their own entries.

So let's stop with all the doom and gloom people and stop blowing everything out of proportion and have fun again.
Quote:
Except for Halo 1, Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo 4, Halo: The Flood (iirc), Escalation, The Halo Graphic Novel, Halo Uprising, The Package, and Palace Hotel. And I recall only one scene in Ghosts of Onyx where the Master Chief is even a character, and they were on ground, not space, so there was no risk of the same thing happening. It was this scene that establishes that Kurt had taken over Sam's position. Even if he does think about what happened to Sam, how does that mean his death haunted him? All it means is that he's got more experience and knows what to check for; that's not some deep traumatic memories coming back to haunt him, that's just a man taking the lessons learned previously and learning from them, IE: common sense.

Except those pieces of story are not told via the Cheif's internal monologue like 'The Fall of Reach' and 'First Strike' are. We don't know what the Chief is thinking about during those times. But in the books, when we do get to see that, he clearly keeps keeps Sam in him memory throughout his entire life and thinks of his death in more than just practical terms - even decades later he still thinks of Sam as being his best friend. How is that not an indication of how much it affected him? Apparently Cortana's death gets to be chalked up to be some completely universe shattering event, despite the fact that's there less of a canonical reason and evidence for the Chief to be bent out of shape over it - it's not right that his history with his Spartans is still not being acknowledged as being an important part of his history and character. It's not right from a character standpoint, and it's not right from a lore standpoint.

Quote:
This isn't about who the chief is as a person, it's about why the Chief matters, a biography about the significant aspects of his, not a character study. Blue Team is significant only internally to the Chief himself, they are not significant externally the accomplishments he's had over his lengthy career. Anyone who isn't a lore buff doesn't know about Blue Team, as such, they have no need to care. If they want the wider audience to know who Blue team is, this short summary of the chief's significance is not the place to do this in, and in no way does this one tiny example indicate anything about the "erasure of Blue Team" or any other overblown nonsense like that. Hell you claim that they hardly acknowledge the existence of other Spartan II's, and that's objectively false because the entire biography up to the point of the Fall of Reach uses the word Spartans in plural and refers to other members of the program by proxy, acknowledging that the Chief was their leader.

But hay, let's look at the actual content of the Channel preview. Wolfkill tells us that we can pull up the Encyclopedia on whatever we are seeing and get some lore about it. If a user wanted to say, I dunno, know who the other two Spartan II's are in Forward Unto Dawn (the movie they demo'd this with) then bam, they know who Fred, Kelly and by extension Blue are. But this one particular entry wasn't about Blue, it was about Chief and the most significant events of his life in an exceedingly short summary. Blue will seem to have their own entries.

So let's stop with all the doom and gloom people and stop blowing everything out of proportion and have fun again.
The bio states that the Chief "became the most important soldier" during the war (and this is in reference to prior to the events on the Halo), yet fails completely to emphasize that his successes in the field are a direct result of his work with his team. Blue Team is still a huge part of his history, seeing as how 99% of his career was spent with them. Again, I fail to see how it makes sense that they don't get one single specific mention despite the fact that they go to the trouble to talk about the mission to capture Col. Watts - a mission that would have failed if not for Blue Team working together. How does it help people to learn more about the Chief to read a bio that is so limited in it's scope? You're basically trying to defend the same type of game-extended lore separation that Bungie did that got us into this mess in the first place.

There's absolutely nothing on Waypoint about Blue Team currently, and since this Halo Channel is being billed as the "new" Waypoint, what reason to I have to believe that they'll suddenly get biographies too - particularly after what they showed with the Chief in terms of not even trying to tie them in with his story?

As I said, I've been told to "wait and see" for 3 years now; and with the clock ticking, I have not seen anything that clearly indicates that 343 will keep their word in terms of bringing in these characters and giving their relationship to the Chief proper acknowledgement. And its incredibly frustrating as a longtime Halo fan to keep hearing them say "trust us" while consistently being shown one problematic thing after another. 343 may be putting out more Halo stuff in between games than Bungie did, but more does not always equate to better. And with what's recently happened with 'Escalation' and now with what I've seen of the Halo Channel, it is absolutely zero fun for me to sit here and feel uncertain and confused as to just what the heck 343 is trying to do.
Cut up the quotes to make room.

Quote:
Quote:

Except those pieces of story are not told via the Cheif's internal monologue like 'The Fall of Reach' and 'First Strike' are.

Probably because the last time his name is even mentioned with regards to the Chief was in a novel that came out 7 years ago, in reference to a time in the story when Sam's death was still relatively recent, and to establish why Kurt was on the team. In so far as internally monologuing about Sam's death, Sam hasn't been a factor for 11 years (it's been ages since I read First Strike, but it came out 11 years ago). I do not recall what Chief had to say to himself though about Sam in that novel. All I remember was that this was the novel that establishes his life philosophy concretely, with the sacrifice of Whitcomb and his saving of Johnson's life; at best I can't imagine Sam's name was brought up as anything other than a parallel to Whitcomb's sacrifice.

Apparently Cortana's death gets to be chalked up to be some completely universe shattering event, despite the fact that's there less of a canonical reason and evidence for the Chief to be bent out of shape over it

While I agree that the lack of Blue Team in larger media is disheartening, I would remind you of the evidence in Halo 5 that they will appear. Fred was in the trailer, and I recall some concept art of them for Halo 4 that never panned out. And 343i's promise that they will appear in future media (also the guy responsible for the squad mechanics of Republic Commando is directing the game so there's that).

What I am saying is that you are making a mountain out of a molehill with this tiny summary. As the Universe forum tends to do. As for Cortana, she and Chief literally shared a brain together for several months. Cortana's death is the straw that broke the camel's back and made him question himself, not because he and her was so deeply connected necessarily, but because the nature of their relationship and her final words gave him a perspective on life no other death has ever given him.

Quote:
You're basically trying to defend the same type of game-extended lore separation that Bungie did that got us into this mess in the first place.

Bungie required external material to understand their game (Destiny), while 343i is, presumably, going to add bios for Fred and Kelly in Forward Unto Dawn with the knew Encyclopedia feature. Within the context we are discussing, the Halo Channel, this is better than what Bungie gave us.

There's absolutely nothing on Waypoint about Blue Team currently, and since this Halo Channel is being billed as the "new" Waypoint, what reason to I have to believe that they'll suddenly get biographies too - particularly after what they showed with the Chief in terms of not even trying to tie them in with his story?

The definition of the word "New" should give you some hints here.

I don't get bent out of shape over things I disagree with in Halo because A)There is nothing I can do about it and B) there are more important things in life than a videogame franchise to worry about. Sue me, getting worked up over a piece of entertainment is, in my opinion, a waste of energy and contrary to what it exists for. So I'm patient. I'll acknowledge what I don't like when needed (IE Saber getting killed in a forum post was horse -Yoink-) but I don't let it bother me. I still love the universe and I look forward to where it's going; and I come to this community, and by extension this universe, to escape the crap in the real world and have some fun for awhile.

What I meant in the last part of my last post was that this forum is supposed to be for fans of the game to come together and enjoy talking about the universe. But anymore it's just pile after pile of complaining, dissent, hatred, passive-aggressive anger, and general negativity. I genuinely wonder how some of the more vocal people find any enjoyment out of this game franchise because their default response to everything is to hate it, with nearly never anything positive to say about any of the good things. If the only thing 343i ever sees is hatred of the bad things, how can they compare the love of the good things when the community hardly expresses any actual love of the series at all? I've heard people justify their anger as being an aspect of their love of Halo, but if a person is always angry at someone they profess to love, how can that person honestly feel as though it's love?

But I digress. Case in point though, this community is rapidly approaching disheartening levels as well. It's almost depressing coming on to the forums anymore, and this is the place that's supposed to be fun for like minded nerds with a passion for Halo?

To be clear, Halo was never Shakespeare, it was never Chaucer, it was never Plato, it always had problems, and now that it's so big and bloated, it has new kinds of problems, but people get so bent out of shape over this universe over every minute possibility something might not go as they wanted, the Mona Lisa might have been stolen right out of The Louvre. Halo was always a vast, intriguing and mysterious universe, but first and foremost it was supposed to be fun. I haven't stopped enjoying the Halo universe, but so many people seem to have that the community it birthed no longer is any fun to be a part of.

This is why posts like this bother me. Could 343i have added Blue's name in MC's bio? Sure. Are they adding in bios for Fred and Kelly as well? Almost certainly. Is Fred going to be in Halo 5? All signs point to yes. Does a tiny summary of the MC's exploits accessible via an obscure Xbox Live app no one outside of hardcore Halo fans are going to care about in any way shape or form indicate that Blue team is being slowly cut out of the picture and that the masses who will likely never see this Channel will be eternally left in the dark over who Blue is?

No. No it doesn't.
Roberto-jh, while I certainly do appreciate your well thought out and judicious response, nobody forced you to come on this thread and read what I say or even respond to it. You certainly have the right to not agree with me, but I also have the right to use these forums to express my concerns relating to the future of the Halo franchise - seeing as how there is no other way for me to communicate such to the developers.

You claim that the community isn't fun for you anymore because people are being vocal about their (often very legitimate) complaints? Well I haven't been able to have fun in this community for the better part of ten years because my interest in the lore and the characters outside of the main games, particularly Blue Team, has caused me to be ridiculed and treated with disdain by the majority of the fanbase - all while I also see the developers themselves treat the parts of the story that I care for most with little consideration. 343 claimed that they "have plans" and are "very fond of these characters", but their actions thus far have not proven that and I can only give them the benefit of the doubt for so long.

Realistically I don't have a choice but to continue to "wait and see"...but until I get something beyond a random cameo and a poorly handled comic, I will continue to be vocal about what I think are poor choices in regards to 343's handling of the story. I wish I shared your optimism, but sadly all the problematic things I see far outweigh the positives - and my passion for Halo is the reason why I'm talking about them. I want to love Halo again, all I need is for 343 to show me they are willing to treat it, all of it, with the proper consideration (because they certainly have the money and human resources to do so).
its fine, no need for the freak out, we should be sad the cooler and better spartan team is dead...ohhhh black teammm i wish we saw more of youuuuuuu
Quote:
its fine, no need for the freak out, we should be sad the cooler and better spartan team is dead...ohhhh black teammm i wish we saw more of youuuuuuu
...And this comment was completely unnecessary and nonconstructive. Congratulations?
I am of the opinion that there is some reluctance to tie in non Xbox media to the Xbox audience. I don't know if it is for fear of overwhelming the Xbox audience, but I think there is opportunity to do a better job integrating the bigger picture into the Halo lore for the Xbox audience. Maybe in the form of a prequel focusing on the insurrectionists or something.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8