Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Theory: Precursors truly exist in other dimension

OP TRUe REDEMPTI0N

The Precursors are the most advanced species in the Halo Universe, and my favorite. They are so mysterious and beyond any other species, even the Forerunners don't understand them draws me to them. I believe that the Precursors's bodies in our Universe are merely vessels, like cars or planes are for us. I believe that they trust exist in another dimension(s)/Universe. I know it's a bit of stretch, as we know very little about our creators, but hear me out. In Warfleet, it mentions this about the Precursors,
Quote:
Dreamers and makers whose minds transcended many realms, [they] seeded uncountable worlds with the building blocks of life, built cyclopean laboratories made of crystallized reality, forged roads through alternate dimensions to link their great works, and then began a grand experiment to create and uplift new sentient species...
This is said about star roads, a Precursor creation,
Quote:
Untouchable and perpetual filament of neurophysical energy woven between dimensions by the Precursors. Their shadows in realspace took the appearance of multi-kilometer thick filaments of strange matter.
So the star roads in the physical Universe are just shadows of their true shape, which is woven between dimensions. This makes me believe if the star roads, a Precursor creation, do not truly exist in this Universe, I believe there's a possibility that the Precursor bodies in our Universe are just shadows as well. We already know that the Precursors don't truly die, as when a body dies, their consciousness then goes into a new body, and they are reborn. In Mythos, it's revealed that the after the Primordial's body was destroyed, it transferred itself into the Gravemind, taking control of it and the Flood. I may be crazy, but I believe there's a possibility of this being the case.
I support this theory a lot, and it really isn't far fetched at all to believe that the precursors are transdimensional and omnipotent beings, as they managed to literally create all living organisms in the galaxy and most likely the universe, and developed a science so advanced, that even their cities were alive and were even able to be infected by the flood. They even created an ideology so powerful that the race that wasn't going to receive it destroyed almost all of them and drove them to an infinite hatred to humanity, just because they were supposed to receive the Mantle of Responsibility.
Wow. So I don't really visit Halo's wiki page very often but your theory made me go look up a bunch of stuff and I would like to say I'm very much in support of this. Not only is this a great way of adding a lot of mystery back into the Halo series (I'm of the opinion that it wasn't a very good idea to try to explain where the flood originated from, although I do like how freaky the pheru history is) but it also helps bring back kind of a scary lovecraftian tone to the Halo universe, especially if we take a look at the Primordial.

So, even if this ends up not being used by 343i, I'm definitely going to take parts of it for my own head-canon. Thank you so much.
( ^_^)
I support this theory a lot, and it really isn't far fetched at all to believe that the precursors are transdimensional and omnipotent beings, as they managed to literally create all living organisms in the galaxy and most likely the universe, and developed a science so advanced, that even their cities were alive and were even able to be infected by the flood. They even created an ideology so powerful that the race that wasn't going to receive it destroyed almost all of them and drove them to an infinite hatred to humanity, just because they were supposed to receive the Mantle of Responsibility.
Yeah, would be interesting if the Precursors are brought up in Infinite, especially with the Flood being is quarantine on Installation 07.
Yeah, would be interesting if the Precursors are brought up in Infinite, especially with the Flood being is quarantine on Installation 07.
Hopefully they will, and I believe that they will be through audio logs or terminals, etc., but definitely not as a major plot point.
Hopefully they will, and I believe that they will be through audio logs or terminals, etc., but definitely not as a major plot point.
Sad, but would be so cool if it tuns out to be a major plot point, mainly towards the end.
Sad, but would be so cool if it tuns out to be a major plot point, mainly towards the end.
Yeah
Yeah
How cool if Chief started getting telepathic messages from a Precursor, telling him that the test is coming.
Yeah
How cool if Chief started getting telepathic messages from a Precursor, telling him that the test is coming.
If most theories are correct, then the test has already come, in the form of the Flood.
Yeah
If most theories are correct, then the test has already come, in the form of the Flood.
I think once we pas the test, they will let us know.
This is pretty much where I'm at. In fact, I assume that wherever the Precursors are -- if you can attribute space and positioning to their minds -- is where the Gravemind is, also, until he has sufficient localized Flood biomass with which to manifest. I'm also inclined to believe that the Domain is either based on this other place, directly connected to it, or tangentially connected to it -- there's too many conceptual commonalities between these two Precursor concepts for me to dismiss them as entirely unrelated without evidence to suggest as much.

What I find novel to think about is that if the star roads are shadows of the true device, then Charrum Hakkor was a shadow too -- and if the true form can exist without its shadow, then Charrum Hakkor continues to exist undisturbed. Maybe that's the city of the Precursors, and they preside there, without shadow, timeless and patient.
I’ve a theory that Precursors are also still around in other galaxies and that the Halo Array stranded the Milky Way by cutting it off from all the others when things like the star roads here were destroyed.
This is pretty much where I'm at. In fact, I assume that wherever the Precursors are -- if you can attribute space and positioning to their minds -- is where the Gravemind is, also, until he has sufficient localized Flood biomass with which to manifest. I'm also inclined to believe that the Domain is either based on this other place, directly connected to it, or tangentially connected to it -- there's too many conceptual commonalities between these two Precursor concepts for me to dismiss them as entirely unrelated without evidence to suggest as much.

What I find novel to think about is that if the star roads are shadows of the true device, then Charrum Hakkor was a shadow too -- and if the true form can exist without its shadow, then Charrum Hakkor continues to exist undisturbed. Maybe that's the city of the Precursors, and they preside there, without shadow, timeless and patient.
Interesting thing you say about Charum Hakkor being a Precursor city (with their structures in our Universe/dimension). Would be dope if a Precursor not having a physical form in our Universe telepathically contacting Chief.
I used to think the Gravemind's conscience lived in the Domain, but the whole Abbadon thing kind of debunked that.

Generally speaking, it feels to me like every piece of 343i-led media since Sillentium has been burying the Precursors in the far corners of the EU. I'm kind of done thinking up theories and hoping to see them or even a hint of them in upcoming media because it just doesn't seem to be on 343i's plate at the moment. Maybe when they'll be done with the Created fiasco... *shrug*
I used to think the Gravemind's conscience lived in the Domain, but the whole Abbadon thing kind of debunked that.

Generally speaking, it feels to me like every piece of 343i-led media since Sillentium has been burying the Precursors in the far corners of the EU. I'm kind of done thinking up theories and hoping to see them or even a hint of them in upcoming media because it just doesn't seem to be on 343i's plate at the moment. Maybe when they'll be done with the Created fiasco... *shrug*
Remember, the Flood is the current form they are taking in our Universe. I think mentions and plot threads involving them will happen after the Created plot.