Forums / Community / Halo Universe

This Dose Not Make Sense

OP ryantheminer1

So Cheifs first contact with covenant is above Chi Sedi 4 right? So if that is before Halo 4 Forward Unto Dawn (which it is) than why does Cheif say this rescuing the cadets:”Unkown hostile” or somthing like that. Theries and awnsers are welcome.
So Cheifs first contact with covenant is above Chi Sedi 4 right? So if that is before Halo 4 Forward Unto Dawn (which it is) than why does Cheif say this rescuing the cadets:”Unkown hostile” or somthing like that. Theries and awnsers are welcome.
If I recall correctly, the only Covenant aboard the *Unrelenting* at Chi Ceti IV were Kig-Yar (Jackals). When he rescues the cadets at Corbulo Academy months later, he’s already encountered more species of the Covenant (seen in *Collateral Damage* and *Silent Storm). So he’d be able to identify Covenant species by sight, though it’s possible he didn’t get a good look at one at Corbulo, hence calling it “unknown” without positive ID. Which “hostile” was he referring to, which scene?
If I recall correctly, the only Covenant aboard the *Unrelenting* at Chi Ceti IV were Kig-Yar (Jackals). When he rescues the cadets at Corbulo Academy months later, he’s already encountered more species of the Covenant (seen in *Collateral Damage* and *Silent Storm). So he’d be able to identify Covenant species by sight, though it’s possible he didn’t get a good look at one at Corbulo, hence calling it “unknown” without positive ID. Which “hostile” was he referring to, which scene?
Im refering to when he stabs that Elite Zealot in the back and radios too Kelly to get the pelican ready. And I think there might of been a couple grunts at Chi Ceti 4. I know he definatly Cheif woudlve told Kelly that the covies were there at Corbulo later when he saw the jackal snipers.
Im refering to when he stabs that Elite Zealot in the back and radios too Kelly to get the pelican ready. And I think there might of been a couple grunts at Chi Ceti 4. I know he definatly Cheif woudlve told Kelly that the covies were there at Corbulo later when he saw the jackal snipers.
Chief says in that scene: "Kelly, inform Command I have four survivors. Take the team north. Rendezvous on EVAC out for Pelican extraction. We'll meet you there. Chief out."
Chief says in that scene: "Kelly, inform Command I have four survivors. Take the team north. Rendezvous on EVAC out for Pelican extraction. We'll meet you there. Chief out."
Thanks but I didnt realy care what Chief told kelly
Haven't seen FUD in a while, but I thought he said "unknown number of hostiles". Or at least, if he said "unknown hostiles", then he could have just meant it was an unknown number without actually saying it.
Kelly, we have got unknown movie quotes ahead. Please advise
Probably meaning he doesn’t know what species out of the many he’s coming in contact with.
Probably meaning he doesn’t know what species out of the many he’s coming in contact with.
I would agree with that.
And I just watched Fall of Reach yesterday. There was Elites, Grunts, and Jackals above Chi Cheti 4.
And I just watched Fall of Reach yesterday. There was Elites, Grunts, and Jackals above Chi Cheti 4.
The animated version made some changes from the original that aren't really canon. They're also all using the designs from Halo 4 & 5, even though they're not the "storm Covenant" form those games.

In the book they were just Jackals.
If you're not willing to entertain answers and information that don't fit with or conform to your position then you really shouldn't be asking questions on the Internet. Also it wouldn't hurt for you to take the time to use proper grammar and spelling.
Was likely simply due to the fog around the battlefield or even just the newish armor the zealot was wearing. The sangheili themselves thought humans were a bug-like creature with a soft parasite inside simply due to armor.
If you're not willing to entertain answers and information that don't fit with or conform to your position then you really shouldn't be asking questions on the Internet. Also it wouldn't hurt for you to take the time to use proper grammar and spelling.
I realized that yesterday, I wrote this 2 years ago. Details bro. Details.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Perhaps the chief was either ordered by Oni to not give any info to unauthorized personal or like others have said was just refering to unknown quantity or species of hostiles.