Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Thoughts on Guilty Spark being alive?

OP Jordan Coady

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Kronutus wrote:
If Guilty Spark is still alive, then they better make a level where you get to kill him again. Either that, or they bring Johnson back to life, and that seems way more unlikely.
There are some things even you don't know.
It was another dumb move by a writing staff that is creatively bankrupt. Characters that die, especially in a big way, should stay dead. Not constantly be recycled because 343i doesn't know how to create new and interesting characters that can carry the story.
Chakas is basically a completely different character and is far more interesting than 343 Guilty Spark ever was.
Just a stupid backtrack by 343i. Frankly, it doesn't affect me much. The books that it happens in seem to not be affecting the game at all. I'm still just a little sore over how bad Karen Traviss did on her books.
I think it's a smart move, personally. Death should be used as more than just a way to get someone out of the way, death (and subsequent resurrection) can be used as a part of a chracter arc: a catalyst to invoke HUGE change in personality and motive - which is precisely what 343 Industries did. 343 Guilty Spark is effectively dead, replaced by Spark.

You still get the importance of the death, but also keep potential open. In a way, his death was a form of 'redemption', as he is now an ally. That is progress. I like progress, Halo should have more of that.
Not the biggest fan of it, just let sleeping dogs lie.
I'm okay with him being alive IF he stay confined to the books.
I would be interested to see how the Chief would react to seeing Spark again.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2