Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Thoughts on Halo: Warfleet

OP Jacob Ly44

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Thought it was awesome. The unsc ships getting awesomer. However i cant wait until 343 give us a ship that uses a laser cannon based on the spartan laser. Maybe another infinity or punic class ship that has this weapon on it.
Any of the following would be cool:
Halo: Warfleet 2
Brigantine, Carrack, DAV, Man O'War, Halo, Unyielding Hierophant, covenant frigates, post war dropships and some UNSC ships.

Halo: Groundwar
Armours: Combat harness, Outrider, Ultra, Storm, Commander, Zealot, Devoted Sentries, Infiltrator, Ranger.
Vehicles: Wraith (AA, T26, T58), Ghost (pre and post war), Phantom (T58,T44, T52), Spirit T57, Revenant, Lich, Seraph (H4), Spectre, Banshee (T54, T26B,A,C, Ultra, Temple), Scarab
Bases: Nuff said
Weapons: (pre and post war models) Plasma rifle, carbine, needler, fuel rod gun, assault cannon, plasma cannon, burnblade, plasma swords (including famous ones), grav hammer, beam rifle, needle rifle, blood of suban, storm rifle, plasma repeater, focus rifle, concussion rifle, plasma caster, spiker, mauler, brute shot, plasma grenade
Don't care about the UNSC part. XD

Halo: Colonies
Earth with detailed map, and info on URNA, China, Japan, Deutschland, Korea, Vietnam, Kenya, Australia, Brazil, Russia and India and maybe some cities (Nanjing/Beijing/any major chinese city, Tokyo, Seoul, London, Syndey, Rio de Janeiro, etc. Plus info on the battle of earth and how many died or evauated and how people were returned to earth after the war.
Reach
Venezia
Mars
Andesia
Midnight facility
Tribute

Requiem
Omega Halo
The Ark
Maethrillian

Sanghelios
Suban
Qikost
Malurok
Hesduros
Whispering Trees
High Charity
Palamok
Doisac
Balaho
Eayn
Saepon'kal
Glyke

Same stuff as earth for each planet plus a map of each system with planet/star/moon names, types and important locations plus images.
It was absolutely stellar. I hope they continue to celebrate the aerospace side of the universe, hopefully by saving that Fleet Battles game or with Revell kits of spacecraft, etc. Absolutely too cool to let fall by the wayside.
Thought it was awesome. The unsc ships getting awesomer. However i cant wait until 343 give us a ship that uses a laser cannon based on the spartan laser. Maybe another infinity or punic class ship that has this weapon on it.
Look at the Prowler. It has pulse lasers.
I know prowlers use pulse lasers but they are not very powerful i want to see a ship that has a massive laser cannon instead of MAC guns and base it on the spartan laser no covenant ship would be able to survive it
I know prowlers use pulse lasers but they are not very powerful i want to see a ship that has a massive laser cannon instead of MAC guns and base it on the spartan laser no covenant ship would be able to survive it
Yeah. That would be sweet.
They are getting closer to it. There are nukes that use xray laser warheads and casaba howitzer plasma warheads. Its complicated to explain the process but it basically uses the explosion caused by the nuke generate a massive xray laser beam and plasma beam https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_pumped_laser
A nuclear pumped laser doesn't use a nuclear explosion, but instead a controlled fission reaction to output more energy. A nuclear explosion would destroy the laser before it could harness the energy! Furthermore only one country in the world is testing nuclear warheads (North Korea), the rest having signed or at least following the Complete Test Ban Treaty which bans all forms of explosive nuclear testing. However fission reactions are obviously not banned by the treaty as it is the method used in labs and power plants to create power. In fact there is a small fission reactor down the hall from where I take class at the University... Thank goodness it doesn't explode like a bomb! (Impossible too due to the limited amount of fissile material that can be used in the campus reactor chamber, it's only as big as a microwave).

Most Halo UNSC ships use Fusion reactors. A form of nuclear power we have in real life but we have yet to make it profitable because it requires a ton of energy to start and maintain the reaction. In theory though Fusion could be more powerful than Fission.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Excalibur
Forward Unto Dawn would be tricky. They'd probably base it on the Halo 3 Dawn, but then they'd have to fit the Halo 4 Dawns interior into it. Perhaps that's why they skipped it?
The Forward Unto Dawn in Halo 4 is in no way canon. They used dramatic up scaling to make the mission more fun because if they didn't there would be a lot of back tracking, that and there is no awesome missile to blow stuff up with ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It's about as canon as CE's warthog run.
So finally got Warfleet as it was released in the UK. While I defiantly think it is a superb addition to the lore especially around ships and gives fans like us a clearer idea of ship capabilities, I was still left a bit wanting.

I can mostly comment on the UNSC ship lines as it is the UNSC I largely follow. I was really impressed with the layouts of the various ships especially the cut aways of SOF, In Amber Clad and Infinity along with a brief history. Also the official introduction of the UNSC corvette class and second post war frigate class as seen in H5 start screen again and the structuring and reason in behind post war ship design and classes gives a good idea where the Navy is going. Example the Strident class is a bridge between the Paris class and the Halbert class. So one can assume the Autumn class is combination of Marathon and Halcyon class, Vindication class a cross between Valiant and Marathon etc.

It is from here I have my grievance for lack of a better word. Where is the information on the Posiden, Vindication, Anlace classes? There was enough time to generate some information on them. I was also expecting some sort of Casualty list of UNSC ships at the end of the war at least. Not naming every ship, capital ships could be named and only note worthy destroyers and frigates that aside just totals. Nothing. As I mentioned prior, the book has identified that post war ships are combinations of previous in war classes or great improvements, but is this the same for all ships? Is there An Epoch and Punic class hybrid? Is there a successor class to the Pheniox class? Also for single craft, are there new classes of the Hawk, Vulture variants like hiw they mentioned a new Longsword variant? why wasn't there a comparison cut away of the new and old Pelican? Same with weapons, I was expecting some sort of chart of payload capability to effect on target. Again all we have now is a whole bunch of new weapon systems with no information.

As I said I was just going to comment on the UNSC ship line. It was still well done and I don't regret getting it, however, overall I expected more information than what we actually got for the length of time this book has been on the cards and not having as many questions about it as I do now.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2