Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Unaccounted Beta Spartan-IIIs

OP BeastSprayz

So I was recently scouring around Halo fiction websites, namely Waypoint, Halopedia and Halo Wiki and I have a list of S-IIIs who have been unaccounted for that were apart of Beta Company. I’m creating this forum to bring these Spartans into the spotlight and maybe, if I’m lucky (like 117), some mods at 343 will see this and possibly give me some feedback. The Spartans in question are Spartan Owen-B096, Spartan-B170 and the whole of Team X-Ray, who were a Team in Beta Company, that went MIA after encountering Sentinels (who at the time wouldn’t of been hostile to Reclaimers). I like to believe that the whole team stumbled into the Dyson vacuum and befriended the Huragok in there. At the time X-Ray went missing I’m not entirely sure if they were in their armor but that doesn’t really matter to the point I’m making. Anyways, thanks for reading and be sure to let me know what you think!
EDIT: Okay, so I did a bit of extra research after creating this and found out that Team X-Ray wasn’t even augmented at the time they went MIA and so they would not of had their SPI armor.
Owen is going to show up in Battleborne, so thats the answer there. 170 we have no idea, but more than likely they died on Reach.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
Owen is going to show up in Battleborne, so thats the answer there. 170 we have no idea, but more than likely they died on Reach.
Battleborne? Is that a new book or game or something? I’ve personally never heard of it but it’s good to get some more info on Spartan-IIIs. As for your assumption on B-170 it’s possible, but very unlikely they died on Reach as they were determined to be in Operation: Torpedo which Kurt tried to pull them out of on long term deep reconnaissance also they were in main line Beta Company so they wouldn’t really be on Reach if they did return from reconnaissance before Reach as Tom and Lucy also weren’t sent to Reach. If I had to make a guess, I sould say if B-170 did return from reconnaissance they may be assigned to Headhunter units or be sent on missions relating to the reconnaissance they carried out, but we really can’t say for sure. But with that out of the way thanks for the info on Owen and your thoughts aside that, and I hope you have a good day!
Battleborne? Is that a new book or game or something? I’ve personally never heard of it but it’s good to get some more info on Spartan-IIIs. As for your assumption on B-170 it’s possible, but very unlikely they died on Reach as they were determined to be in Operation: Torpedo which Kurt tried to pull them out of on long term deep reconnaissance also they were in main line Beta Company so they wouldn’t really be on Reach if they did return from reconnaissance before Reach as Tom and Lucy also weren’t sent to Reach. If I had to make a guess, I sould say if B-170 did return from reconnaissance they may be assigned to Headhunter units or be sent on missions relating to the reconnaissance they carried out, but we really can’t say for sure. But with that out of the way thanks for the info on Owen and your thoughts aside that, and I hope you have a good day!
Its the next upcoming Halo book. A young adult novel of all things.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
Its the next upcoming Halo book. A young adult novel of all things.
Oh yeah I think I heard about that now that I think more about it. Is Owen the Spartan in the black armor on the front cover with what looks to be Mk VI armor which really shouldn’t exist at the time of the Battle of Meridian, which happened in 2551, and Mk VI was distributed in late 2552.
EDIT: I thought that the Spartan was Kevin-A282, but Kevin wore blue Mk V armor.
Battleborn was good. But I did question why owen had Mjolnir and not spi armor. It's not entirely explained. He could have been part of a special team such as noble or he could have been a headhunter, they where III's with Mjolnir.
Battleborn was good. But I did question why owen had Mjolnir and not spi armor. It's not entirely explained. He could have been part of a special team such as noble or he could have been a headhunter, they where III's with Mjolnir.
He was likely designated a "Cat-2" Spartan-III, pulled from Beta Company, and given Mjolnir armor like Noble Team. Though this has not been officially discussed or confirmed as far as I know.
Just to clarify for you Headhunters did not use Mjolnir as far as we know. They used an advanced version of SPI armor with prototype energy shielding, VISR and an active camouflage module which could last up to 3 mins, well at least that’s what we know from the short story - Headhunters. My guess for why they weren’t issued Mjolnir is because although they were more valuable than the S-IIIs in the mainline companies, they were still sent on suicide missions deep behind enemy lines to cause as much damage as possible.
Just to clarify for you Headhunters did not use Mjolnir as far as we know. They used an advanced version of SPI armor with prototype energy shielding, VISR and an active camouflage module which could last up to 3 mins, well at least that’s what we know from the short story - Headhunters. My guess for why they weren’t issued Mjolnir is because although they were more valuable than the S-IIIs in the mainline companies, they were still sent on suicide missions deep behind enemy lines to cause as much damage as possible.
Interesting, thank you for the clarification.