UNSC vs Mass Effect Universe

OP ui876will

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
Alright,I saw that people closed the "Halo vs Mass Effect" thread,so I'm opening this new one.
Can the UNSC with it's full might defeat all races from the Mass Effect Universe (except the Reapers)?
ui876will wrote:
Alright,I saw that people closed the "Halo vs Mass Effect" thread,so I'm opening this new one.
Can the UNSC with it's full might defeat all races from the Mass Effect Universe (except the Reapers)?
We've been over this already, the unsc will win due to supeior firepower, supeior logistics, superior industrial manufacting power, superior AI technology, and supeior shielding technology with the implementation of forerunner sheilds
ui876will wrote:
The Forum is not closed.

plus I already proved that the UNSC (even pre-Human-insurrection war UNSC) Wins and I have posted a lot of links to prove it too. :|
(on the other forum)

so to be honest I don't see a reason to make a new one when the vs. is over and like I said in the other forum there are plenty of forum's on the internet that are several years old that prove the UNSC will win a war against mass effect.

(plus the reapers) because of this \/-down here.

http://www.spartangames.co.uk/meet-the-big-hitters
The UNSC beats the fleet of all species of Mass Effect because the technological supremacy always beats the numerical superiority , this without the reapers , because otherwise it would be a much tougher fight for CST but however, the results would be no different , except for the fact that there would be more losses for the UNSC fleet. Sorry for my bad English ' XD
Wait, people here actually think that the UNSC, a space faring empire complied of only 39 billion individuals and 800 colonies in its prime could tangle with several Space Faring empires with, in many areas, superior technology from ships (which actually have shields) to infantry technology and weaponry, who number in the trillions and possess thousands of worlds, and win?

Pre-War/During War UNSC would lose due to incredibly inferior technology, much smaller dominion, far smaller population, etc. etc.
Post-War UNSC would lose given the shear small size that it is, given how less than 10 billion humans are part of the UNSC and how most of their infrastructure was reduced to nothing and only have a couple of useful ships. Technology wise the UNSC may be comparable, maybe even superior, however the Mass Effect races are far, far larger as an entity. That the quality of the UNSC's ships are simply negliable.

However, assuming this is pre-war numbers and post war tech, thins are not nearly as one sided as the previously mentioned cases, however again, they are still incredibly small compared to any of the Mass Effect races (with exceptions like the Drell and System's Alliance).
ui876will wrote:
The Forum is not closed.

plus I already proved that the UNSC (even pre-Human-insurrection war UNSC) Wins and I have posted a lot of links to prove it too. :|
(on the other forum)

so to be honest I don't see a reason to make a new one when the vs. is over and like I said in the other forum there are plenty of forum's on the internet that are several years old that prove the UNSC will win a war against mass effect.

(plus the reapers) because of this \/-down here.

http://www.spartangames.co.uk/meet-the-big-hitters
This one has had enough of your solid waste excretions.
Mods, please delete this post.
ui876will wrote:
No. Their fleets are smaller than the SA's prior to the Reaper War as just one fleet (they had 8 actual fleets total with 63 scout fleets) had thousands of warships alone. In comparison the UNSC has 2000-3000 warships total. Add the Turians, Asari, Geth, and Quarians who all have bigger fleet/s is just overkill. Additionally the UNSC's farthest colony is only 12 lys away from Earth. The Citadel Council meanwhile has colonies all over the galaxy with trillions of people vs the mid double digit billions the UNSC has at their peak. This is the ME's verse fight to lose.
Drof97 wrote:
Wait, people here actually think that the UNSC, a space faring empire complied of only 39 billion individuals and 800 colonies in its prime could tangle with several Space Faring empires with, in many areas, superior technology from ships (which actually have shields) to infantry technology and weaponry, who number in the trillions and possess thousands of worlds, and win?

Pre-War/During War UNSC would lose due to incredibly inferior technology, much smaller dominion, far smaller population, etc. etc.
Post-War UNSC would lose given the shear small size that it is, given how less than 10 billion humans are part of the UNSC and how most of their infrastructure was reduced to nothing and only have a couple of useful ships. Technology wise the UNSC may be comparable, maybe even superior, however the Mass Effect races are far, far larger as an entity. That the quality of the UNSC's ships are simply negliable.

However, assuming this is pre-war numbers and post war tech, thins are not nearly as one sided as the previously mentioned cases, however again, they are still incredibly small compared to any of the Mass Effect races (with exceptions like the Drell and System's Alliance).
As in the other thread it was concluded that the ships (including the reapers) simply could not withstand the weapons based on how powerful they are stated by both cannon sources. Now, if the UNSC weapons were scaled down to be the equivalent of what similar weapons were like in the ME universe then yes the UNSC would lose.....

But as it stands right now a MAC round would literally rip through a Reaper. And in the Mass Effect Universe they do not seem to be very big on planetary defenses which is what ultimate wins this for the UNSC. They would have the means to use forerunner slip drives to pop up right on a planets doorstep and launch a massive barrage of nukes and jump away. The Mass Effect ships don't have this capability and as soon as they hit a planet like Earth's orbit they would be targeted by ODG platforms that all could destroy them with one shot. Not to mention the UNSC ships can also destroy the ME ships with one shot.....

And I'm not sure if the bold part can actually be proven....you are severely underestimating the UNSC here. There is no indication that there infrastructure was reduced to nothing...And saying they only have a couple useful ships is also not true. After the war Earth's home-fleet BG Dakota has at least 54 ships, including 12 Autumn class ships that have post-war tech. If you have a problem with them being able to rebuild so quickly that's with 343 but with what we have the UNSC did not seem to be slowing down until the events of Halo 6.
In short no. The UNSC simply cannot hold their own against the Council Races, they almost got bankrupt from their war with the Covenant! The Council races, when combined, have the UNSC severely outnumbered and outgunned. However, if the pre-war UNSC decides to join forces with the Covenant, then together they can take on even the Reapers.
Drof97 wrote:

As in the other thread it was concluded that the ships (including the reapers) simply could not withstand the weapons based on how powerful they are stated by both cannon sources. Now, if the UNSC weapons were scaled down to be the equivalent of what similar weapons were like in the ME universe then yes the UNSC would lose.....

But as it stands right now a MAC round would literally rip through a Reaper. And in the Mass Effect Universe they do not seem to be very big on planetary defenses which is what ultimate wins this for the UNSC. They would have the means to use forerunner slip drives to pop up right on a planets doorstep and launch a massive barrage of nukes and jump away. The Mass Effect ships don't have this capability and as soon as they hit a planet like Earth's orbit they would be targeted by ODG platforms that all could destroy them with one shot. Not to mention the UNSC ships can also destroy the ME ships with one shot.....

And I'm not sure if the bold part can actually be proven....you are severely underestimating the UNSC here. There is no indication that there infrastructure was reduced to nothing...And saying they only have a couple useful ships is also not true. After the war Earth's home-fleet BG Dakota has at least 54 ships, including 12 Autumn class ships that have post-war tech. If you have a problem with them being able to rebuild so quickly that's with 343 but with what we have the UNSC did not seem to be slowing down until the events of Halo 6.
In a head-to-head space brawl, yes, the Infinity alone would be able to take on every ship in the Council's possession. However, there are a few ways the ME 'verse comes out on top in this hypothetical war. Here's a couple ideas off the top of my head:
  • Mass Relays. While it's true that slipspace travel is far superior, there is one thing Mass Relays do quite well: make big booms. If a Mass Relay were to explode, enough energy would be released to wipe out everything in the solar system. No exceptions (it's kinda comparable to a star going supernova ). It's not far-fetched to think that the Council, facing a smaller yet significantly stronger naval force, would be willing to sacrife a solar system... or three if it meant crippling the UNSC's ability to wage war on a galatic scale.
  • Remember, Salarians sterilized the Krogans. I see no reason why they wouldn't be able to create a biochemical weapon, specifically to target Humanity. Release it on a few battlefields, perhaps a Halo planet or two, have it spread around and check-mate. (Sorry, Alliance! You had a good run.)
That's just me playing devil's advocate, anyway. Feel free to tell me how I'm delusional lol
Drof97 wrote:

In a head-to-head space brawl, yes, the Infinity alone would be able to take on every ship in the Council's possession. However, there are a few ways the ME 'verse comes out on top in this hypothetical war. Here's a couple ideas off the top of my head:
  • Mass Relays. While it's true that slipspace travel is far superior, there is one thing Mass Relays do quite well: make big booms. If a Mass Relay were to explode, enough energy would be released to wipe out everything in the solar system. No exceptions (it's kinda comparable to a star going supernova ). It's not far-fetched to think that the Council, facing a smaller yet significantly stronger naval force, would be willing to sacrife a solar system... or three if it meant crippling the UNSC's ability to wage war on a galatic scale.
  • Remember, Salarians sterilized the Krogans. I see no reason why they wouldn't be able to create a biochemical weapon, specifically to target Humanity. Release it on a few battlefields, perhaps a Halo planet or two, have it spread around and check-mate. (Sorry, Alliance! You had a good run.)
That's just me playing devil's advocate, anyway. Feel free to tell me how I'm delusional lol
Regarding the Salarian's we must also consider the Krogan are not as intelligent as humans in Halo. We would come up with a way to counter such a biological weapon and they would need a way to effectively spread it in the first place, we don't have all of our women sitting in one city on one planet. This is also ignoring that it would take years for a sterilization weapon to affect humans populations.

I don't see how destroying the Mass Relay's would affect the UNSC. They have Forerunner slip-space drives now it would be the ME races who would then essentially be isolated from one another.

Even without weapons such as the Halo I'm not aware of a weapon in ME that can cause destruction the scale of a Nova Bomb or Glassing Beam. I love Mass Effect but the series was more focused on being emotional and guns than technological prowess like in Halo.
Drof97 wrote:

I don't know if this has ever occurred to you but firepower isn't the sole factor in a battle and is only relevant in a tactical sense, not a strategical. Furthermore, temporarily ignoring the post war period (I treat the entities of Pre/During War UNSC and Post War UNSC as separate entities for discussion reasons), UNSC vessels did not possess any form of energy shielding and only possessed titanium armour which was rather easily boiled off. A couple of shots from a ME vessel, especially a Reaper, would rip apart a UNSC Frigate or greater with ease.

Citation on how a MAC would "literally rip through a Reaper". Because according to physics, an object moving greater than ~1.7 kilometres per second would suffer under the effects of a hypersonic object where a projectile, while still retaining mass and momentum, would act more as a liquid in that state rather than a solid, and would violently explode on impact. If a MAC round was literally ripping through an object, yet alone a Reaper, that would strongly imply that the round is not actually moving at hypersonic velocities, and considering that the MAC is a kinetic weapon, that's actually a bad thing. If you're going to claim that a MAC round could destroy a Reaper, actually make some sense here.

No indication? I seem to recall that Reach was reduced to glass, along with numerous colonies, from the Outer Colonies to the Inner Colonies, to even the Sol System where Mars and Luna suffered heavy damage due the the Covenant Attack, though not as much as Earth, where we saw numerous cities, including Sydney, and many other locations reduced to rubble. Furthermore, within 5 years the UNSC Home Fleet had suffered heavy casualties on three occasions:
1. The Battle of Earth in 2552 where the Home Fleet was reduced to a handful of ships. Halo 2/3/Ghosts of Onyx.
2. The Invasion of Earth 2555. The Home Fleet had some time to prepare for an incoming Forerunner invasion fleet and even then the Home Fleet was reduced to a dozen ships that were almost wiped out when the Forerunner a Retrievers were called back. Halo: Hunters in the Dark.
3. The Didact's Attack on Earth in 2557. The Mantle's Approach, a 371 kilometre talk vessel is withstanding the entirety of Earth's Orbital defence grid, and is wiping out UNSC vessels left and right with its tertiary armaments. Halo 4.
The fact that there is even a Home a Fleet left is rather staggering. I would be comfortable if it was just the Didact's Attack in 2557 and the Covenant's Attack on Earth in 2552, however with Hunters in the Dark I've completely lost my suspension of disbelief (where humanity spent three years rebuilding their home fleet from nothing (Mars, the primary shipyards for the UNSC, was heavily damaged during the Covenant's invasion) when it's been completely demolished by some random Forerunner Force and forces the UNSC to rebuild their fleet from scratch).

Honestly, I think you are heavily overestimating the capabilities of the UNSC here and how much ~10 billion people can do against several trillion with many times more ships, much more Fleets, many more worlds, more widespread advanced tech (as opposed to the fact that UNSC Marines are still equipped with 7.62 NATO rounds as opposed to Hardlight rounds thats still being tested by ONI), as well as the fact that you believe that firepower is the sole factor to consider in a battle, when you have things such as rate of fire, mobility, numbers, durability and shielding, point defence guns, and much, much more to take into account.
Drof97 wrote:
Drof97 wrote:

I don't know if this has ever occurred to you but firepower isn't the sole factor in a battle and is only relevant in a tactical sense, not a strategical. Furthermore, temporarily ignoring the post war period (I treat the entities of Pre/During War UNSC and Post War UNSC as separate entities for discussion reasons), UNSC vessels did not possess any form of energy shielding and only possessed titanium armour which was rather easily boiled off. A couple of shots from a ME vessel, especially a Reaper, would rip apart a UNSC Frigate or greater with ease.

Citation on how a MAC would "literally rip through a Reaper". Because according to physics, an object moving greater than ~1.7 kilometres per second would suffer under the effects of a hypersonic object where a projectile, while still retaining mass and momentum, would act more as a liquid in that state rather than a solid, and would violently explode on impact. If a MAC round was literally ripping through an object, yet alone a Reaper, that would strongly imply that the round is not actually moving at hypersonic velocities, and considering that the MAC is a kinetic weapon, that's actually a bad thing. If you're going to claim that a MAC round could destroy a Reaper, actually make some sense here.

No indication? I seem to recall that Reach was reduced to glass, along with numerous colonies, from the Outer Colonies to the Inner Colonies, to even the Sol System where Mars and Luna suffered heavy damage due the the Covenant Attack, though not as much as Earth, where we saw numerous cities, including Sydney, and many other locations reduced to rubble. Furthermore, within 5 years the UNSC Home Fleet had suffered heavy casualties on three occasions:
1. The Battle of Earth in 2552 where the Home Fleet was reduced to a handful of ships. Halo 2/3/Ghosts of Onyx.
2. The Invasion of Earth 2555. The Home Fleet had some time to prepare for an incoming Forerunner invasion fleet and even then the Home Fleet was reduced to a dozen ships that were almost wiped out when the Forerunner a Retrievers were called back. Halo: Hunters in the Dark.
3. The Didact's Attack on Earth in 2557. The Mantle's Approach, a 371 kilometre talk vessel is withstanding the entirety of Earth's Orbital defence grid, and is wiping out UNSC vessels left and right with its tertiary armaments. Halo 4.
The fact that there is even a Home a Fleet left is rather staggering. I would be comfortable if it was just the Didact's Attack in 2557 and the Covenant's Attack on Earth in 2552, however with Hunters in the Dark I've completely lost my suspension of disbelief (where humanity spent three years rebuilding their home fleet from nothing (Mars, the primary shipyards for the UNSC, was heavily damaged during the Covenant's invasion) when it's been completely demolished by some random Forerunner Force and forces the UNSC to rebuild their fleet from scratch).

Honestly, I think you are heavily overestimating the capabilities of the UNSC here and how much ~10 billion people can do against several trillion with many times more ships, much more Fleets, many more worlds, more widespread advanced tech (as opposed to the fact that UNSC Marines are still equipped with 7.62 NATO rounds as opposed to Hardlight rounds thats still being tested by ONI), as well as the fact that you believe that firepower is the sole factor to consider in a battle, when you have things such as rate of fire, mobility, numbers, durability and shielding, point defence guns, and much, much more to take into account.
Here you go.

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/post-war-unsc-halo-vs-reapers-mass-effect.257314/
Drof97 wrote:
Drof97 wrote:

Here you go.

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/post-war-unsc-halo-vs-reapers-mass-effect.257314/
Yeah, I've been on Spacebattles a lot actually, by the name of Drof497 if you're interested. That thread appears to be rather old, and there has been some interestingly new information that may affect the actual outcome, such as how not all ODPs are as powerful as the ones at Reach. There's also the fact that the OP of that thread had layed out several restrictions and is actual a battle between the UNSC and Reapers, and not a war (there is a stark difference between the two).

I would also like to point out that just dropping a link is not an effective argument.
Drof97 wrote:
Drof97 wrote:

Where in halo does it talk of the damage inflicted upon Mars?
Drof97 wrote:

Seriously? I made that post eight months ago and now, when I look back at this thread and others that are simillar I just laugh at how people actually take this seriously. For pete's sake I was just looking at cannon fodder then I see a notification from a thread that I thought died a long time ago then the first post I see is someone who made several mistake's for one the Human popluation post-war is 16 billion not under 10,bill and it's been confirmed that The UNSC navy has been rebuilt to pre-war level 2,000, so if you have a problem with that take it up with 343i. Then the second post I get insulted by some person I dont know from a (yoinking) hole in wall, and that "hypothetical war" is run on what if's. . . . bullet 1:that can only happen if there are any mass relays in UNSC or UEG space to begin with. bullet 2:thats assuming the salarians can get Human DNA to create bio weapon and then some how get to a planet in UNSC or UEG space without anyone noticing, and that "hypothetical war" can work the other way as well. bullet 2 "if it happens":it is known that ONI can quarantine a planet if thay need to just like in "Hunt the truth EP:8" in order to keep the secret of the master chief helping the councillors. bullet 1 "if it happens to one system" the UNSC can in retaliation just NOVA bomb the Citadel and the home worlds of the citadel species which not only destroy their government but it will also effect moral for them too leaving them to fend for themselves and now since the Citadel is gone that will leave them in the open to get attacked by pirates,geth or the terminus systems, and thats assuming that the blast of the NOVA bomb hasn't destroyed the mass relays surrounding and if it does,remember the Citadel is known as a hub for the mass relay network so if it's destroyed it will be harder for them to get around space. so yea, oh and to the person who insulted me,when I posted on this thread and others (not on waypoint) I took it as a joke kinda fun but then I saw people taking this serious and started to (yoink)talk each other which is quite juvenile and made me think debates like this was well stupid. (aka-debating on things that dont exist, and yea I wrote all that above because I learned allot about Halo in the past eight months so I figured what the H one last time.). so if you are one of those people ("if") then you should reconsider on what you are doing. ps:upon revaluation those numbers (for all I know) could be wrong, numbers like this always changes, take it as you will if want I dont know what else to say.
Drof97 wrote:
Drof97 wrote:
Drof97 wrote:

Here you go.

Yeah, I've been on Spacebattles a lot actually, by the name of Drof497 if you're interested. That thread appears to be rather old, and there has been some interestingly new information that may affect the actual outcome, such as how not all ODPs are as powerful as the ones at Reach. There's also the fact that the OP of that thread had layed out several restrictions and is actual a battle between the UNSC and Reapers, and not a war (there is a stark difference between the two).

I would also like to point out that just dropping a link is not an effective argument.
yea I know you and it's nice to finally meet you (creepy I know lol). and I know on the spartan forums it was stated that ODP MAC's on reach are more powerful than ODP's around earth, and since I posted here Eight months ago I decided to learn more about Halo and other syfy so I did (I may not have a spacebattles acount but I do pay attention on what happens with Halo lore) and now I dont do "vs debates" so I'm ok with talking about a syfy faction and learn about the history and lore but to do a vs' thats when I look at it as pointless. Huh just realised you were talking to someone else... oh well point still stands I guess. :\
Drof97 wrote:

Seriously? I made that post eight months ago and now, when I look back at this thread and others that are simillar I just laugh at how people actually take this seriously. For pete's sake I was just looking at cannon fodder then I see a notification from a thread that I thought died a long time ago then the first post I see is someone who made several mistake's for one the Human popluation post-war is 16 billion not under 10,bill and it's been confirmed that The UNSC navy has been rebuilt to pre-war level 2,000, so if you have a problem with that take it up with 343i. Then the second post I get insulted by some person I dont know from a (yoinking) hole in wall, and that "hypothetical war" is run on what if's. . . . bullet 1:that can only happen if there are any mass relays in UNSC or UEG space to begin with. bullet 2:thats assuming the salarians can get Human DNA to create bio weapon and then some how get to a planet in UNSC or UEG space without anyone noticing, and that "hypothetical war" can work the other way as well. bullet 2 "if it happens":it is known that ONI can quarantine a planet if thay need to just like in "Hunt the truth EP:8" in order to keep the secret of the master chief helping the councillors. bullet 1 "if it happens to one system" the UNSC can in retaliation just NOVA bomb the Citadel and the home worlds of the citadel species which not only destroy their government but it will also effect moral for them too leaving them to fend for themselves and now since the Citadel is gone that will leave them in the open to get attacked by pirates,geth or the terminus systems, and thats assuming that the blast of the NOVA bomb hasn't destroyed the mass relays surrounding and if it does,remember the Citadel is known as a hub for the mass relay network so if it's destroyed it will be harder for them to get around space. so yea, oh and to the person who insulted me,when I posted on this thread and others (not on waypoint) I took it as a joke kinda fun but then I saw people taking this serious and started to (yoink)talk each other which is quite juvenile and made me think debates like this was well stupid. (aka-debating on things that dont exist, and yea I wrote all that above because I learned allot about Halo in the past eight months so I figured what the H one last time.). so if you are one of those people ("if") then you should reconsider on what you are doing. ps:upon revaluation those numbers (for all I know) could be wrong, numbers like this always changes, take it as you will if want I dont know what else to say.
You made some good points about ONI quarantining infected planets & the UNSC destroying the Citadel. However, those are all 'what ifs' too. (Which is ironic, considering you critized others for in engaging in similar speculation.)

The purpose of this thread is to discuss: "what if this happened tho...?". Believe it or not, Shepard and the Chief aren't going to run into each other one day. (Though that'd make me geek out. XD)

And if these kind of threads bother you, I have a simple fix for you: don't participate in them.
With regards o the UNSC (home)fleets and peoples querying how it can be sizeable...Huragok on Trevelyan. They were making differential time bubbles in the production of the Irukken(?) crop, why not do the same with a shipyard? Play with time and make it so you are pumping out hundreds of ships in what? Days? Months? minutes?!!!?!?!?!!?!? It hasn't been expressed but it isn't really a leap of logic so much as a slight shuffle - it even fits in with the UNSC not wanting the Huragok to just run away with the tech and Humanity not understanding it themselves, if all they are doing is pumping out current tech at an incredibly fast rate.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9