1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9
Drof97 wrote:
Wait, people here actually think that the UNSC, a space faring empire complied of only 39 billion individuals and 800 colonies in its prime could tangle with several Space Faring empires with, in many areas, superior technology from ships (which actually have shields) to infantry technology and weaponry, who number in the trillions and possess thousands of worlds, and win?

Pre-War/During War UNSC would lose due to incredibly inferior technology, much smaller dominion, far smaller population, etc. etc.
Post-War UNSC would lose given the shear small size that it is, given how less than 10 billion humans are part of the UNSC and how most of their infrastructure was reduced to nothing and only have a couple of useful ships. Technology wise the UNSC may be comparable, maybe even superior, however the Mass Effect races are far, far larger as an entity. That the quality of the UNSC's ships are simply negliable.

However, assuming this is pre-war numbers and post war tech, thins are not nearly as one sided as the previously mentioned cases, however again, they are still incredibly small compared to any of the Mass Effect races (with exceptions like the Drell and System's Alliance).
As in the other thread it was concluded that the ships (including the reapers) simply could not withstand the weapons based on how powerful they are stated by both cannon sources. Now, if the UNSC weapons were scaled down to be the equivalent of what similar weapons were like in the ME universe then yes the UNSC would lose.....

But as it stands right now a MAC round would literally rip through a Reaper. And in the Mass Effect Universe they do not seem to be very big on planetary defenses which is what ultimate wins this for the UNSC. They would have the means to use forerunner slip drives to pop up right on a planets doorstep and launch a massive barrage of nukes and jump away. The Mass Effect ships don't have this capability and as soon as they hit a planet like Earth's orbit they would be targeted by ODG platforms that all could destroy them with one shot. Not to mention the UNSC ships can also destroy the ME ships with one shot.....

And I'm not sure if the bold part can actually be proven....you are severely underestimating the UNSC here. There is no indication that there infrastructure was reduced to nothing...And saying they only have a couple useful ships is also not true. After the war Earth's home-fleet BG Dakota has at least 54 ships, including 12 Autumn class ships that have post-war tech. If you have a problem with them being able to rebuild so quickly that's with 343 but with what we have the UNSC did not seem to be slowing down until the events of Halo 6.
In a head-to-head space brawl, yes, the Infinity alone would be able to take on every ship in the Council's possession. However, there are a few ways the ME 'verse comes out on top in this hypothetical war. Here's a couple ideas off the top of my head:
  • Mass Relays. While it's true that slipspace travel is far superior, there is one thing Mass Relays do quite well: make big booms. If a Mass Relay were to explode, enough energy would be released to wipe out everything in the solar system. No exceptions (it's kinda comparable to a star going supernova ). It's not far-fetched to think that the Council, facing a smaller yet significantly stronger naval force, would be willing to sacrife a solar system... or three if it meant crippling the UNSC's ability to wage war on a galatic scale.
  • Remember, Salarians sterilized the Krogans. I see no reason why they wouldn't be able to create a biochemical weapon, specifically to target Humanity. Release it on a few battlefields, perhaps a Halo planet or two, have it spread around and check-mate. (Sorry, Alliance! You had a good run.)
That's just me playing devil's advocate, anyway. Feel free to tell me how I'm delusional lol
Regarding the Salarian's we must also consider the Krogan are not as intelligent as humans in Halo. We would come up with a way to counter such a biological weapon and they would need a way to effectively spread it in the first place, we don't have all of our women sitting in one city on one planet. This is also ignoring that it would take years for a sterilization weapon to affect humans populations.

I don't see how destroying the Mass Relay's would affect the UNSC. They have Forerunner slip-space drives now it would be the ME races who would then essentially be isolated from one another.

Even without weapons such as the Halo I'm not aware of a weapon in ME that can cause destruction the scale of a Nova Bomb or Glassing Beam. I love Mass Effect but the series was more focused on being emotional and guns than technological prowess like in Halo.
I used the Krogan genophage as merely an example of the Salarians capacity to create a biochemical weapon capable of targeting a single race. I'm sure they'd be more interested in developing a contagious bioweapon to kill, not sterilize, the UNSC. Though your concern of how the Salarians would be able spread said bioweapon across enough planets to eradicate Humanity is a legitimate one.

As for the Mass Relays, I was implying that the Council could potential bait the UNSC fleets into an engagement and blow up one of the Mass Relays, annihilating all the invading forces within the solar system. Unlikely? Sure, but it's certainly a possiblilty.

Also, you've failed to acknowledge a certain spectre who could single-handedly turn the tide of the war in ME's favor: Blasto ( who'd you think I was referring to?)

This one has forgotten whether its heat-sink is over capacity. It wonders if the criminal scum consider itself fortunate?
Drof97 wrote:
Wait, people here actually think that the UNSC, a space faring empire complied of only 39 billion individuals and 800 colonies in its prime could tangle with several Space Faring empires with, in many areas, superior technology from ships (which actually have shields) to infantry technology and weaponry, who number in the trillions and possess thousands of worlds, and win?

Pre-War/During War UNSC would lose due to incredibly inferior technology, much smaller dominion, far smaller population, etc. etc.
Post-War UNSC would lose given the shear small size that it is, given how less than 10 billion humans are part of the UNSC and how most of their infrastructure was reduced to nothing and only have a couple of useful ships. Technology wise the UNSC may be comparable, maybe even superior, however the Mass Effect races are far, far larger as an entity. That the quality of the UNSC's ships are simply negliable.

However, assuming this is pre-war numbers and post war tech, thins are not nearly as one sided as the previously mentioned cases, however again, they are still incredibly small compared to any of the Mass Effect races (with exceptions like the Drell and System's Alliance).
As in the other thread it was concluded that the ships (including the reapers) simply could not withstand the weapons based on how powerful they are stated by both cannon sources. Now, if the UNSC weapons were scaled down to be the equivalent of what similar weapons were like in the ME universe then yes the UNSC would lose.....

But as it stands right now a MAC round would literally rip through a Reaper. And in the Mass Effect Universe they do not seem to be very big on planetary defenses which is what ultimate wins this for the UNSC. They would have the means to use forerunner slip drives to pop up right on a planets doorstep and launch a massive barrage of nukes and jump away. The Mass Effect ships don't have this capability and as soon as they hit a planet like Earth's orbit they would be targeted by ODG platforms that all could destroy them with one shot. Not to mention the UNSC ships can also destroy the ME ships with one shot.....

And I'm not sure if the bold part can actually be proven....you are severely underestimating the UNSC here. There is no indication that there infrastructure was reduced to nothing...And saying they only have a couple useful ships is also not true. After the war Earth's home-fleet BG Dakota has at least 54 ships, including 12 Autumn class ships that have post-war tech. If you have a problem with them being able to rebuild so quickly that's with 343 but with what we have the UNSC did not seem to be slowing down until the events of Halo 6.
In a head-to-head space brawl, yes, the Infinity alone would be able to take on every ship in the Council's possession. However, there are a few ways the ME 'verse comes out on top in this hypothetical war. Here's a couple ideas off the top of my head:
  • Mass Relays. While it's true that slipspace travel is far superior, there is one thing Mass Relays do quite well: make big booms. If a Mass Relay were to explode, enough energy would be released to wipe out everything in the solar system. No exceptions (it's kinda comparable to a star going supernova ). It's not far-fetched to think that the Council, facing a smaller yet significantly stronger naval force, would be willing to sacrife a solar system... or three if it meant crippling the UNSC's ability to wage war on a galatic scale.
  • Remember, Salarians sterilized the Krogans. I see no reason why they wouldn't be able to create a biochemical weapon, specifically to target Humanity. Release it on a few battlefields, perhaps a Halo planet or two, have it spread around and check-mate. (Sorry, Alliance! You had a good run.)
You made some good points about ONI quarantining infected planets & the UNSC destroying the Citadel. However, those are all 'what ifs' too. (Which is ironic, considering you critized others for in engaging in similar speculation.)

The purpose of this thread is to discuss: "what if this happened tho...?". Believe it or not, Shepard and the Chief aren't going to run into each other one day. (Though that'd make me geek out. XD)

And if these kind of threads bother you, I have a simple fix for you: don't participate in them.
Actually the only reason I came here was because I had gotten a notification from what I thought was a "necro" thread so I guess you can say "curiosity killed the cat" and I have to turn off notifications on this thread too. :\ Then the only reason I posted here "again" (insted off ignoring these threads like I always do) you well.... said what I said was a piece of (Yoink)... so I got a little annoyed... and now I just spent an hour just posting on a thread I did not want to because of a little insult, so I guess thats all I have to say on this,so have a good day and peace out.
Drof97 wrote:

You made some good points about ONI quarantining infected planets & the UNSC destroying the Citadel. However, those are all 'what ifs' too. (Which is ironic, considering you critized others for in engaging in similar speculation.)

The purpose of this thread is to discuss: "what if this happened tho...?". Believe it or not, Shepard and the Chief aren't going to run into each other one day. (Though that'd make me geek out. XD)

And if these kind of threads bother you, I have a simple fix for you: don't participate in them.
Actually the only reason I came here was because I had gotten a notification from what I thought was a "necro" thread so I guess you can say "curiosity killed the cat" and I have to turn off notifications on this thread too. :\ Then the only reason I posted here "again" (insted off ignoring these threads like I always do) you well.... said what I said was a piece of (Yoink)... so I got a little annoyed... and now I just spent an hour just posting on a thread I did not want to because of a little insult, so I guess thats all I have to say on this,so have a good day and peace out.
Are you referring to: "This one has had enough of your solid waste excertions " If so, I apologize. It was simply a humorous line from Mass Effect, and I was trying to be cute.

No disrespect was intended, my friend. =)
Drof97 wrote:

Are you referring to: "This one has had enough of your solid waste excertions " If so, I apologize. It was simply a humorous line from Mass Effect, and I was trying to be cute.

No disrespect was intended, my friend. =)
Thank you for apologizing and I am sorry for overly freaking out. :)
ui876will wrote:
Alright,I saw that people closed the "Halo vs Mass Effect" thread,so I'm opening this new one.
Can the UNSC with it's full might defeat all races from the Mass Effect Universe (except the Reapers)?
It woild be so easy mass effect has no chance halo has too many ships and people
ui876will wrote:
Alright,I saw that people closed the "Halo vs Mass Effect" thread,so I'm opening this new one.
Can the UNSC with it's full might defeat all races from the Mass Effect Universe (except the Reapers)?
We've been over this already, the unsc will win due to supeior firepower, supeior logistics, superior industrial manufacting power, superior AI technology, and supeior shielding technology with the implementation of forerunner sheilds
What that person said halo all the way
ui876will wrote:
We've been over this already, the unsc will win due to supeior firepower, supeior logistics, superior industrial manufacting power, superior AI technology, and supeior shielding technology with the implementation of forerunner sheilds

Edit whoops multiposted dont ban mods we can talk about this!
ui876will wrote:

Edit whoops multiposted dont ban mods we can talk about this!
This one will not use diplomacy.
Drof97 wrote:
Drof97 wrote:

I don't know if this has ever occurred to you but firepower isn't the sole factor in a battle and is only relevant in a tactical sense, not a strategical. Furthermore, temporarily ignoring the post war period (I treat the entities of Pre/During War UNSC and Post War UNSC as separate entities for discussion reasons), UNSC vessels did not possess any form of energy shielding and only possessed titanium armour which was rather easily boiled off. A couple of shots from a ME vessel, especially a Reaper, would rip apart a UNSC Frigate or greater with ease.

Citation on how a MAC would "literally rip through a Reaper". Because according to physics, an object moving greater than ~1.7 kilometres per second would suffer under the effects of a hypersonic object where a projectile, while still retaining mass and momentum, would act more as a liquid in that state rather than a solid, and would violently explode on impact. If a MAC round was literally ripping through an object, yet alone a Reaper, that would strongly imply that the round is not actually moving at hypersonic velocities, and considering that the MAC is a kinetic weapon, that's actually a bad thing. If you're going to claim that a MAC round could destroy a Reaper, actually make some sense here.

No indication? I seem to recall that Reach was reduced to glass, along with numerous colonies, from the Outer Colonies to the Inner Colonies, to even the Sol System where Mars and Luna suffered heavy damage due the the Covenant Attack, though not as much as Earth, where we saw numerous cities, including Sydney, and many other locations reduced to rubble. Furthermore, within 5 years the UNSC Home Fleet had suffered heavy casualties on three occasions:
1. The Battle of Earth in 2552 where the Home Fleet was reduced to a handful of ships. Halo 2/3/Ghosts of Onyx.
2. The Invasion of Earth 2555. The Home Fleet had some time to prepare for an incoming Forerunner invasion fleet and even then the Home Fleet was reduced to a dozen ships that were almost wiped out when the Forerunner a Retrievers were called back. Halo: Hunters in the Dark.
3. The Didact's Attack on Earth in 2557. The Mantle's Approach, a 371 kilometre talk vessel is withstanding the entirety of Earth's Orbital defence grid, and is wiping out UNSC vessels left and right with its tertiary armaments. Halo 4.
The fact that there is even a Home a Fleet left is rather staggering. I would be comfortable if it was just the Didact's Attack in 2557 and the Covenant's Attack on Earth in 2552, however with Hunters in the Dark I've completely lost my suspension of disbelief (where humanity spent three years rebuilding their home fleet from nothing (Mars, the primary shipyards for the UNSC, was heavily damaged during the Covenant's invasion) when it's been completely demolished by some random Forerunner Force and forces the UNSC to rebuild their fleet from scratch).

Honestly, I think you are heavily overestimating the capabilities of the UNSC here and how much ~10 billion people can do against several trillion with many times more ships, much more Fleets, many more worlds, more widespread advanced tech (as opposed to the fact that UNSC Marines are still equipped with 7.62 NATO rounds as opposed to Hardlight rounds thats still being tested by ONI), as well as the fact that you believe that firepower is the sole factor to consider in a battle, when you have things such as rate of fire, mobility, numbers, durability and shielding, point defence guns, and much, much more to take into account.
Where in halo does it talk of the damage inflicted upon Mars?
Halo: New Blood Chapter 12.
Quote:
A bunch of the home colonies got hit pretty hard when the Covies came through—Luna and Mars in particular—but all of them fared better than Earth.
I'm curious as to why this exactly needs to be spelt out considering how we know that Mars was attacked in 2552 and how it was for some time deployed Covenant forces from concentrating on Earth until Human Resistance on the Planet was crushed (remember the Capture and execution of Colonel Ackerson?).
Drof97 wrote:
Drof97 wrote:
Drof97 wrote:

I don't know if this has ever occurred to you but firepower isn't the sole factor in a battle and is only relevant in a tactical sense, not a strategical. Furthermore, temporarily ignoring the post war period (I treat the entities of Pre/During War UNSC and Post War UNSC as separate entities for discussion reasons), UNSC vessels did not possess any form of energy shielding and only possessed titanium armour which was rather easily boiled off. A couple of shots from a ME vessel, especially a Reaper, would rip apart a UNSC Frigate or greater with ease.

Citation on how a MAC would "literally rip through a Reaper". Because according to physics, an object moving greater than ~1.7 kilometres per second would suffer under the effects of a hypersonic object where a projectile, while still retaining mass and momentum, would act more as a liquid in that state rather than a solid, and would violently explode on impact. If a MAC round was literally ripping through an object, yet alone a Reaper, that would strongly imply that the round is not actually moving at hypersonic velocities, and considering that the MAC is a kinetic weapon, that's actually a bad thing. If you're going to claim that a MAC round could destroy a Reaper, actually make some sense here.

No indication? I seem to recall that Reach was reduced to glass, along with numerous colonies, from the Outer Colonies to the Inner Colonies, to even the Sol System where Mars and Luna suffered heavy damage due the the Covenant Attack, though not as much as Earth, where we saw numerous cities, including Sydney, and many other locations reduced to rubble. Furthermore, within 5 years the UNSC Home Fleet had suffered heavy casualties on three occasions:
1. The Battle of Earth in 2552 where the Home Fleet was reduced to a handful of ships. Halo 2/3/Ghosts of Onyx.
2. The Invasion of Earth 2555. The Home Fleet had some time to prepare for an incoming Forerunner invasion fleet and even then the Home Fleet was reduced to a dozen ships that were almost wiped out when the Forerunner a Retrievers were called back. Halo: Hunters in the Dark.
3. The Didact's Attack on Earth in 2557. The Mantle's Approach, a 371 kilometre talk vessel is withstanding the entirety of Earth's Orbital defence grid, and is wiping out UNSC vessels left and right with its tertiary armaments. Halo 4.
The fact that there is even a Home a Fleet left is rather staggering. I would be comfortable if it was just the Didact's Attack in 2557 and the Covenant's Attack on Earth in 2552, however with Hunters in the Dark I've completely lost my suspension of disbelief (where humanity spent three years rebuilding their home fleet from nothing (Mars, the primary shipyards for the UNSC, was heavily damaged during the Covenant's invasion) when it's been completely demolished by some random Forerunner Force and forces the UNSC to rebuild their fleet from scratch).

Honestly, I think you are heavily overestimating the capabilities of the UNSC here and how much ~10 billion people can do against several trillion with many times more ships, much more Fleets, many more worlds, more widespread advanced tech (as opposed to the fact that UNSC Marines are still equipped with 7.62 NATO rounds as opposed to Hardlight rounds thats still being tested by ONI), as well as the fact that you believe that firepower is the sole factor to consider in a battle, when you have things such as rate of fire, mobility, numbers, durability and shielding, point defence guns, and much, much more to take into account.
Quote:
A bunch of the home colonies got hit pretty hard when the Covies came through—Luna and Mars in particular—but all of them fared better than Earth.
I'm curious as to why this exactly needs to be spelt out considering how we know that Mars was attacked in 2552 and how it was for some time deployed Covenant forces from concentrating on Earth until Human Resistance on the Planet was crushed (remember the Capture and execution of Colonel Ackerson?).
Wait when ackerson captured? After Halo 4 when he told the chief to stand down? So did oni kill him or what? And what does that have to do with mass effect defeating halo. Ackerson was just one marine guy
ChasCT2 wrote:
ui876will wrote:
No. Their fleets are smaller than the SA's prior to the Reaper War as just one fleet (they had 8 actual fleets total with 63 scout fleets) had thousands of warships alone. In comparison the UNSC has 2000-3000 warships total. Add the Turians, Asari, Geth, and Quarians who all have bigger fleet/s is just overkill. Additionally the UNSC's farthest colony is only 12 lys away from Earth. The Citadel Council meanwhile has colonies all over the galaxy with trillions of people vs the mid double digit billions the UNSC has at their peak. This is the ME's verse fight to lose.
Wrong halo has at least 92 fleets and that equals roughly10000 ships way more than mass effect tiny fleets. You cant disprove it i did the math
Drof97 wrote:
Drof97 wrote:

I've played most of the halo games it never talks about mars just earth
The war is over in less than a month because halo have cortana and better a.i.s
The UNSC beats the fleet of all species of Mass Effect because the technological supremacy always beats the numerical superiority , this without the reapers , because otherwise it would be a much tougher fight for CST but however, the results would be no different , except for the fact that there would be more losses for the UNSC fleet. Sorry for my bad English ' XD
And dont forget they have the sparten too like they would win every ground battle with blueteam
Drof97 wrote:
Drof97 wrote:
Drof97 wrote:

Quote:
Wait when ackerson captured? After Halo 4 when he told the chief to stand down? So did oni kill him or what? And what does that have to do with mass effect defeating halo. Ackerson was just one marine guy
What? Ackerson was never in Halo 4, nor did he ever had an appearance in a Halo game. The event I mentioned was from Halo: Uprising, a Halo Comic Series that takes place between Halo 2 and 3.

Were you not paying attention to anything you're reading? If you had you wouldn't be asking why bringing up Mars is relevant to the conversation. I brought up Ackerson as an example to show that Mars was attacked by the Covenant and suffered a good deal of damage in the process, which led back to my point on UNSC Infrastructure and how it wasn't in an ideal condition after the Human-Covenant War (and believe it or not, but infrastructure is important in a war).
ChasCT2 wrote:
ui876will wrote:
No. Their fleets are smaller than the SA's prior to the Reaper War as just one fleet (they had 8 actual fleets total with 63 scout fleets) had thousands of warships alone. In comparison the UNSC has 2000-3000 warships total. Add the Turians, Asari, Geth, and Quarians who all have bigger fleet/s is just overkill. Additionally the UNSC's farthest colony is only 12 lys away from Earth. The Citadel Council meanwhile has colonies all over the galaxy with trillions of people vs the mid double digit billions the UNSC has at their peak. This is the ME's verse fight to lose.
Wrong halo has at least 92 fleets and that equals roughly10000 ships way more than mass effect tiny fleets. You cant disprove it i did the math
Alright then,Mir you've done the math, show us your working, as well as the sources used. Cite how the UNSC (NOT Halo) possesses 92 fleets and cite how many ships are present in those Fleets. Then you need to show that said number of ships is actually more than Mass Effect's by showing how many ships the Mass Effect species have.

Don't do act as though you're an authority figure when you haven't even backed up your claims with evidence.
ChasCT2 wrote:
ui876will wrote:
thats bit of a low ball if you are talking about all of Halo lore but if you are talking about the UNSC then thats way to much plus the only real number we have for the UNSC navy is the pre-war 2,000 and apparently the same number post-war. (I think it was "hunters in the dark" but I dont have the book so I cant truly confirm it) also someone correct me if I am wrong and provide a citation if you can that would be helpful.
The UNSC beats the fleet of all species of Mass Effect because the technological supremacy always beats the numerical superiority , this without the reapers , because otherwise it would be a much tougher fight for CST but however, the results would be no different , except for the fact that there would be more losses for the UNSC fleet. Sorry for my bad English ' XD
And dont forget they have the sparten too like they would win every ground battle with blueteam
While, yes, spartens are a formidable force, the rest of UNSC's ground forces more closely resemble the United States, not a space-faring galatic empire. ME ground forces, however, have kinetic barriers (making bullets useless), biotics, and weapons that actually look more sci-fi than 21st century.

There would have to be multiple spartens on the ground for the UNSC just to have a fighting chance. And even then, my money's on Mass Effect. Heck, I'd even give Conrad Verner a 50/50 shot to take down the Master Chief. (A bit of an exaggeration, but you get the point.)

If the Council loses, it won't be on the ground.
Drof97 wrote:
ChasCT2 wrote:
ui876will wrote:
Alright then,Mir you've done the math, show us your working, as well as the sources used. Cite how the UNSC (NOT Halo) possesses 92 fleets and cite how many ships are present in those Fleets. Then you need to show that said number of ships is actually more than Mass Effect's by showing how many ships the Mass Effect species have.

Don't do act as though you're an authority figure when you haven't even backed up your claims with evidence.
I did the math on my calculator soory its not like i can give you a link to it dp you not believe in science. And all the info i found was on the web like halo nation wiki its cool site. You should go on it and youll see that there was 92 fleets its not that complicated just read and learn the lore
ui876will wrote:
It's sad once you realize that I've been stockpiling my previous posts on this subject from SB. Since you agree with everything said by Tractor16v2, and there's other folks who hold the misguided notion of humanity standing any chance against the Citadel Council... let's talk about it. This is only meant to provide a brief, hasty assessment over each civilization's respective abilities.

Superior firepower? Because biggatons has always been the decisive factor behind any successful war, am I right?

Superior logistics/industrial capabilities? Lets do some basic economics - you've got a Pre-War humanity that has 800 colonies of varying strengths, populations and exporting industries, bringing in an estimated 39 billion people (Dr Halsey's journal). Then you have a Post-War humanity numbering dozens of colonies (some isolated, some populated - Earth is still the biggest cheese) and an estimated thirteen billion total as of circa 2553 (Palace Hotel/Halo: Encyclopedia).

In comparison, you have a CC with a population demographic that is repeatedly mentioned as "being in the trillions" and covering "roughly 1% of the galaxy".

To recap... you are comparing 13 - 39 billion people and 60 - 800 colonies to trillions of people (it does include dozens of species) who encompass 500 million (0.5%) - 2 billion systems (1%).

Pre-War transportation and communication was sluggish, due to limits in light-travel and FTL velocities - Harvest was the breadbasket for the entire UEG (and entirely supplied the Inner Colonies with the sustenance necessary to continue expanding at the rate they were) and its been acknowledged that there were riots during the Insurrection that were caused by a lack of food and needed supplies in certain regions of space (It wasn't just limited to conflicts of differing ideology)... as Halo: Evolutions made it clear - it was incredibly difficult to maintain control over colonies due to many unfortunate restrictions that understandably come with long-range distances. The UNSC also had obvious limits to what they could supply or not, with organizations like the CMA undergoing budget cuts and supply issues as time progressed (like in the real world... there is only just enough money and resources to go around) - I'm referring to the period of time before Operation: VERITAS.

Lets take a quick look at the UNSC's War economy (the period of time that encompasses First Contact to the Battle of Earth): I would also like to point out the greatest changes came in the form of reactor efficiency (2525 fusion reactors only have a tenth of the power output of their end-war counterparts, good stuff!), augmentation technology, and communications; all of which would see common use towards the end. I remember that Halo: Fleet Battles mentioned that entire fleets were also being produced in the beginning, just as fast as they were being destroyed - in Halo: Evolutions, there were bank reserves full of gold that could help the war effort (meaning the economy was still rolling!). Thats impressive for sure, definitely a testament to their industrial capabilities at the beginning of any large conflict...

But the Post-War scenario is entirely different. You have to realize that the loss of two-thirds of your population and seven hundred worlds is really gonna mess up your economy, even the most optimistic projections (read: propaganda) wouldn't be able to hide that kind of problem. You're no longer funding those big endeavors like you did thirty years ago, monetary matters will monitored at all times by A.Is and economic savants – with the hopes that no random factor will jump into the equation and suddenly disrupt the very delicate foundation that you stand on.

And with the SPARTAN branch and UNSC Infinity consuming resources like nothing else... you're gonna see an appropriate change to the way you conduct Force Projection operations (You can see this reflected on by the expansion of the SPARTAN program, ONI's greater influence, and the Strident-class Frigate's status as the backbone of the entire Navy) that will reflect on the nature of your economic state. So while the UNSC has the capability to effectively function in the Post-War galaxy, they can only operate in a limited capacity in their immediate sphere of influence - technological progression not withstanding. Waging another conflict against any powerful galactic polity for any period of time would reasonably destroy human society (see: Halo 5 - Rise of the Evil A.I).

So essentially - compromise between power by quantity (Pre-War)... or power by quality (Post-War). Both have drawbacks.

Meanwhile, on the other end, individual polities (asari, turian, salarian, geth, quarians, ME humans, etc) in the same universe could maintain thousands of warships each when a cataclysmic force like the Reapers showed up. Not logistical craft... but dedicated warships like we see throughout the games and books. This goes without saying, the entire CC were managing an incredibly monumental movement (and investigations/ minor conflicts - see: Task Force Aurora) spanning all sections of space... despite numerous races (Turians, Humans, Batarians) losing their home systems in the initial attack.

Within the six months that Shepard was locked up - the entire galaxy was retrofitting their ships with cutting-edge technology (Thanix Cannons, CBTs, silaris armor, ultraviolet-GARDIAN columns, stealth tech [some ships even had the means of travelling to Andromeda!]). Hell, some guy in this thread mentioned earlier that Citadel Council have no form of planetary/orbital defenses - except that only one year prior to the invasion by Reapers, it was confirmed that cities to entire colonies had already incorporated kinetic barriers to protect themselves from Kinetic Kill Vehicles. Then you have all kinds of planetary defenses that were being handed out in ME2 to distant colonies in the Terminus Systems. The scale of their economy, is stupidly great - even before the events of ME1, you had asari and human venture capitalists funding Femitrons half the size of Halos!

To summarize - The UNSC at their greatest, would represent only a fraction of a single Citadel Race's GDP.

Superior A.I technology? So you must have made an comparative analysis between each respective universe's virtual polymorphic agents - their ability to process knowledge, analyze, reason, learn - overall capabilities (including the evaluation of info-warfare techniques) since you agree with his usage of "superior".

Humor me, how did you come to this conclusion - when one of the ME races (two actually) is a literal race of A.Is?
Superior shielding? You also agree with this? Feel free to quantify that - how effective are the shields of a strident-class frigate against other kinetic projectiles or DEWs in the post-war universe? How about the Pre-War UNSC - who have no shielding whatsoever?

You, like many others, haven't even offered a cursory analysis since your entrance into this debate
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9