Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Universe

UNSC vs Mass Effect Universe

OP ui876will

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 9
The UNSC beats the fleet of all species of Mass Effect because the technological supremacy always beats the numerical superiority , this without the reapers , because otherwise it would be a much tougher fight for CST but however, the results would be no different , except for the fact that there would be more losses for the UNSC fleet. Sorry for my bad English ' XD
And dont forget they have the sparten too like they would win every ground battle with blueteam
While, yes, spartens are a formidable force, the rest of UNSC's ground forces more closely resemble the United States, not a space-faring galatic empire. ME ground forces, however, have kinetic barriers (making bullets useless), biotics, and weapons that actually look more sci-fi than 21st century.

There would have to be multiple spartens on the ground for the UNSC just to have a fighting chance. And even then, my money's on Mass Effect. Heck, I'd even give Conrad Verner a 50/50 shot to take down the Master Chief. (A bit of an exaggeration, but you get the point.)

If the Council loses, it won't be on the ground.
The covenant was taken out by master chief i doubt mass effect could stop them. And mass effect has better armor but bullets are not useless they can still hiit things. Spartens would win the war for halo just like when halo foight the other aliens the covenant
Drof97 wrote:
ChasCT2 wrote:
ui876will wrote:
Alright,I saw that people closed the "Halo vs Mass Effect" thread,so I'm opening this new one.
Can the UNSC with it's full might defeat all races from the Mass Effect Universe (except the Reapers)?
No. Their fleets are smaller than the SA's prior to the Reaper War as just one fleet (they had 8 actual fleets total with 63 scout fleets) had thousands of warships alone. In comparison the UNSC has 2000-3000 warships total. Add the Turians, Asari, Geth, and Quarians who all have bigger fleet/s is just overkill. Additionally the UNSC's farthest colony is only 12 lys away from Earth. The Citadel Council meanwhile has colonies all over the galaxy with trillions of people vs the mid double digit billions the UNSC has at their peak. This is the ME's verse fight to lose.
Wrong halo has at least 92 fleets and that equals roughly10000 ships way more than mass effect tiny fleets. You cant disprove it i did the math
Alright then,Mir you've done the math, show us your working, as well as the sources used. Cite how the UNSC (NOT Halo) possesses 92 fleets and cite how many ships are present in those Fleets. Then you need to show that said number of ships is actually more than Mass Effect's by showing how many ships the Mass Effect species have.

Don't do act as though you're an authority figure when you haven't even backed up your claims with evidence.
I did the math on my calculator soory its not like i can give you a link to it dp you not believe in science. And all the info i found was on the web like halo nation wiki its cool site. You should go on it and youll see that there was 92 fleets its not that complicated just read and learn the lore
What? How the hell did you gain the impression that I'm a "non-believer" in science, if I may ask? Because, it's a completely false assumption, if not outright outlandish accusation to make, especially considering you don't someone such as myself to a personal level and how if you know just a little of myself, you'd realise how utterly stupid that accusation particularly is (because how can you study a degree in Enginering and Science and not believe in science, if I may ask?). Furthermore, that's no excuse to not provide a link to your so called calculation and provide evidence to support your argument. Please, don't make any false accusations at others that you don't know and provide evidence to support your argument as opposed to attacking others.

Halo Nation is an incredibly bad source to cite, as its full of unfinished work, unsourced claims and outright speculation. Halopedia is the far superior source.
Drof97 wrote:
Drof97 wrote:
ChasCT2 wrote:
ui876will wrote:
Alright,I saw that people closed the "Halo vs Mass Effect" thread,so I'm opening this new one.
Can the UNSC with it's full might defeat all races from the Mass Effect Universe (except the Reapers)?
No. Their fleets are smaller than the SA's prior to the Reaper War as just one fleet (they had 8 actual fleets total with 63 scout fleets) had thousands of warships alone. In comparison the UNSC has 2000-3000 warships total. Add the Turians, Asari, Geth, and Quarians who all have bigger fleet/s is just overkill. Additionally the UNSC's farthest colony is only 12 lys away from Earth. The Citadel Council meanwhile has colonies all over the galaxy with trillions of people vs the mid double digit billions the UNSC has at their peak. This is the ME's verse fight to lose.
Wrong halo has at least 92 fleets and that equals roughly10000 ships way more than mass effect tiny fleets. You cant disprove it i did the math
Alright then,Mir you've done the math, show us your working, as well as the sources used. Cite how the UNSC (NOT Halo) possesses 92 fleets and cite how many ships are present in those Fleets. Then you need to show that said number of ships is actually more than Mass Effect's by showing how many ships the Mass Effect species have.

Don't do act as though you're an authority figure when you haven't even backed up your claims with evidence.
I did the math on my calculator soory its not like i can give you a link to it dp you not believe in science. And all the info i found was on the web like halo nation wiki its cool site. You should go on it and youll see that there was 92 fleets its not that complicated just read and learn the lore
What? How the hell did you gain the impression that I'm a "non-believer" in science, if I may ask? Because, it's a completely false assumption, if not outright outlandish accusation to make, especially considering you don't someone such as myself to a personal level and how if you know just a little of myself, you'd realise how utterly stupid that accusation particularly is (because how can you study a degree in Enginering and Science and not believe in science, if I may ask?). Furthermore, that's no excuse to not provide a link to your so called calculation and provide evidence to support your argument. Please, don't make any false accusations at others that you don't know and provide evidence to support your argument as opposed to attacking others.

Halo Nation is an incredibly bad source to cite, as its full of unfinished work, unsourced claims and outright speculation. Halopedia is the far superior source.
Sorry i was not trying to attack you i was just confused to why you didnt believe me when i said i did the math on my calculator i mean math isnt science fiction more like non fiction you can not disprove math it is fact. I like the halopdia too it is a great websire. I cant remember where the 92 first i saw but im sure i read it just last week i was really bored and cathing up on the halo lore and stuff. And i have supplied a lot of edvidence you just keep ignoring it talking about your degree in engerneering which has nothing to do with halo beating mass effect.
Drof97 wrote:
Drof97 wrote:
ChasCT2 wrote:
ui876will wrote:
Alright,I saw that people closed the "Halo vs Mass Effect" thread,so I'm opening this new one.
Can the UNSC with it's full might defeat all races from the Mass Effect Universe (except the Reapers)?
No. Their fleets are smaller than the SA's prior to the Reaper War as just one fleet (they had 8 actual fleets total with 63 scout fleets) had thousands of warships alone. In comparison the UNSC has 2000-3000 warships total. Add the Turians, Asari, Geth, and Quarians who all have bigger fleet/s is just overkill. Additionally the UNSC's farthest colony is only 12 lys away from Earth. The Citadel Council meanwhile has colonies all over the galaxy with trillions of people vs the mid double digit billions the UNSC has at their peak. This is the ME's verse fight to lose.
Wrong halo has at least 92 fleets and that equals roughly10000 ships way more than mass effect tiny fleets. You cant disprove it i did the math
Alright then,Mir you've done the math, show us your working, as well as the sources used. Cite how the UNSC (NOT Halo) possesses 92 fleets and cite how many ships are present in those Fleets. Then you need to show that said number of ships is actually more than Mass Effect's by showing how many ships the Mass Effect species have.

Don't do act as though you're an authority figure when you haven't even backed up your claims with evidence.
I did the math on my calculator soory its not like i can give you a link to it dp you not believe in science. And all the info i found was on the web like halo nation wiki its cool site. You should go on it and youll see that there was 92 fleets its not that complicated just read and learn the lore
What? How the hell did you gain the impression that I'm a "non-believer" in science, if I may ask? Because, it's a completely false assumption, if not outright outlandish accusation to make, especially considering you don't someone such as myself to a personal level and how if you know just a little of myself, you'd realise how utterly stupid that accusation particularly is (because how can you study a degree in Enginering and Science and not believe in science, if I may ask?). Furthermore, that's no excuse to not provide a link to your so called calculation and provide evidence to support your argument. Please, don't make any false accusations at others that you don't know and provide evidence to support your argument as opposed to attacking others.

Halo Nation is an incredibly bad source to cite, as its full of unfinished work, unsourced claims and outright speculation. Halopedia is the far superior source.
Sorry i was not trying to attack you i was just confused to why you didnt believe me when i said i did the math on my calculator i mean math isnt science fiction more like non fiction you can not disprove math it is fact. I like the halopdia too it is a great websire. I cant remember where the 92 first i saw but im sure i read it just last week i was really bored and cathing up on the halo lore and stuff. And i have supplied a lot of edvidence you just keep ignoring it talking about your degree in engerneering which has nothing to do with halo beating mass effect.
Oh FFS. I'm asking you to show evidence for your claims. Post links, show calculations and all that. You haven't provided any evidence for your claims. Show that the UNSC has 92 fleets, show us what numbers you used to calculate that number, actually provide evidence (links, quotations, calculations) rather than just saying such.

That at engineering bit was to repond to your personal attack. I think that should've been obvious.
Well this is unfair; a single organization verses an entire universe?
ui876will wrote:
Alright,I saw that people closed the "Halo vs Mass Effect" thread,so I'm opening this new one.
Can the UNSC with it's full might defeat all races from the Mass Effect Universe (except the Reapers)?
It's sad once you realize that I've been stockpiling my previous posts on this subject from SB. Since you agree with everything said by Tractor16v2, and there's other folks who are delusional about how capable the UNSC would be in a theoretical conflict against the much greater Citadel Council... lets talk about it. By the way, this post refers to everyone who has the misguided notion of humanity standing any chance against the Citadel Council.

Superior logistics/industrial capabilities? Lets do some basic economics - you've got a Pre-War humanity that has 800 colonies of varying strengths, populations and exporting industries, bringing in an estimated 39 billion people (Source: Dr Halsey's journal). And then you have a Post-War humanity numbering dozens of colonies (some isolated, some populated - Earth is still the biggest cheese) and an estimated thirteen billion total as of circa 2553 (Palace Hotel/Halo: Encyclopedia).

In comparison, you have a CC with a population demographic that is repeatedly mentioned as "being in the trillions" and covering "roughly 1% of the galaxy". So to repeat... you are comparing 13 - 39 billion people and 60 - 800 colonies to trillions of people (it does include dozens of species) who encompass 500 million (.05%) - 2 billion systems.

Pre-War transportation and communication was sluggish, due to limits in light-travel and FTL velocities - Harvest was the breadbasket for the entire UEG (and entirely supplied the Inner Colonies with the sustenance necessary to continue expanding at the rate they were) and its been acknowledged that there were riots during the Insurrection that were caused by a lack of food and needed supplies in certain regions of space (It wasn't just limited to conflicts of differing ideology)... as Halo: Evolutions made it clear - it was incredibly difficult to maintain control over colonies due to many unfortunate restrictions that understandably come with long-range distances. The UNSC also had obvious limits to what they could supply or not, with organizations like the CMA undergoing budget cuts and supply issues as time progressed (like in the real world... there is only just enough money and resources to go around) - I'm referring to the period of time before Operation: VERITAS.

Lets take a quick look at the UNSC's War economy (the period of time that encompasses First Contact to the Battle of Earth): I would also like to point out the greatest changes came in the form of reactor efficiency (2525 fusion reactors only have a tenth of the power output of their end-war counterparts, good stuff!), augmentation technology, and communications; all of which would see common use towards the end. Anyhow, I remember that Halo: Fleet Battles mentioned that entire fleets were also being produced in the beginning, just as fast as they were being destroyed - in Halo: Evolutions, there were bank reserves full of gold that could help the war effort (meaning the economy was still rolling!). Thats impressive for sure, definitely a testament to their industrial capabilities at the beginning of any large conflict...
But the Post-War scenario is entirely different. You have to realize that the loss of two-thirds of your population and seven hundred worlds is really gonna mess up your economy, even the most optimistic projections (read: propaganda) wouldn't be able to hide that kind of problem. You're no longer funding those big endeavors like you did thirty years ago, monetary matters will monitored at all times by A.Is and economic savants – with the hopes that no random factor will jump into the equation and suddenly disrupt the very delicate foundation that you stand on.

And with the SPARTAN branch and UNSC Infinity consuming resources like nothing else... you're gonna see an appropriate change to the way you conduct Force Projection operations (You can see this reflected on by the expansion of the SPARTAN program, ONI's greater influence, and the Strident-class Frigate's status as the backbone of the entire Navy) that will reflect on the nature of your economic state. So while the UNSC has the capability to effectively function in the Post-War galaxy, they can only operate in a limited capacity in their sphere of influence - technological progression not withstanding. In other words, waging another conflict against any powerful galactic polity for any period of time would reasonably destroy human society.

So essentially - compromise between power by quantity (Pre-War)... or power by quality (Post-War).

Meanwhile, on the otherside, individual polities (asari, turian, salarian, geth, quarians, ME humans, etc) in the same universe could maintain thousands of warships each when a cataclysmic force like the Reapers showed up. Not logistical craft... but dedicated warships like we see throughout the games and books. This goes without saying, the entire CC were managing an incredibly monumental movement (and investigations/ minor conflicts - see: Task Force Aurora) spanning all sections of space... despite numerous races (Turians, Humans, Batarians) losing their home systems in the initial attack.

Within the six months that Shepard was locked up - the entire galaxy was retrofitting their ships with cutting-edge technology (Thanix Cannons, CBTs, silaris armor, ultraviolet-GARDIAN columns, stealth tech [some ships even had the means of travelling to Andromeda!]). Hell, some guy in this thread mentioned earlier that Citadel Council have no form of planetary/orbital defenses - except that only one year prior to the invasion by Reapers, it was confirmed that cities to entire colonies had already incorporated kinetic barriers to protect themselves from Kinetic Kill Vehicles. Then you have all kinds of planetary defenses that were being handed out in ME2 to distant colonies in the Terminus Systems. The scale of their economy, is stupidly great - even before the events of ME1, you had asari and human venture capitalists funding Femitrons half the size of Halos! The UNSC at their greatest, would represent only a minuscule fraction of the peacetime Asari GDP.

Superior A.I technology? So you must have made an comparative analysis between each respective universe's virtual polymorphic agents - their ability to process knowledge, analyze, reason, learn - overall capabilities (including the evaluation of info-warfare techniques) since you agree with his usage of "superior".

Superior shielding? You also agree with this? Feel free to quantify that - how effective are the shields of a strident-class frigate against other kinetic projectiles or DEWs in the post-war universe? How about the Pre-War UNSC - who have no shielding whatsoever?
Mass effect can have trillions more people a singke mac round will kill trillions. I do not understand why the economy matters if halo runs out of money they can just declare emergency and take the supplies for free and mass effect might have more paper money but thats not going to protect you from a team of spartens or the infinity. And the geth got hacked by the reapers im sure cortana, black box and rollend will do the same and have them betray their citadel friends and tell halo their secrets and where all the base and planets are. And having the bigger guns helps win the war
ChasCT2 wrote:
ui876will wrote:
Alright,I saw that people closed the "Halo vs Mass Effect" thread,so I'm opening this new one.
Can the UNSC with it's full might defeat all races from the Mass Effect Universe (except the Reapers)?
No. Their fleets are smaller than the SA's prior to the Reaper War as just one fleet (they had 8 actual fleets total with 63 scout fleets) had thousands of warships alone. In comparison the UNSC has 2000-3000 warships total. Add the Turians, Asari, Geth, and Quarians who all have bigger fleet/s is just overkill. Additionally the UNSC's farthest colony is only 12 lys away from Earth. The Citadel Council meanwhile has colonies all over the galaxy with trillions of people vs the mid double digit billions the UNSC has at their peak. This is the ME's verse fight to lose.
Wrong halo has at least 92 fleets and that equals roughly10000 ships way more than mass effect tiny fleets. You cant disprove it i did the math
-Yoink-. We know that the UNSC had 16 fleets (Ghost of Onyx) with the largest of them numbering only 212 ships (50 supports and 162 warships that made up Cole's fleet at his last stand in Evolutions). The second largest fleet was Reach's after they pulled all their fleets back when they abandoned the Outer Colonies to fortify the Inner Colonies and it only had around 150 ships. Their own homeworld meanwhile only had 75 ships defending it. When we look at Halo Evolutions which puts Cole's fleet of 40 ships as the largest fleet in UNSC history prior to the war, that tells us that their fleets are/were pathetically small. Then looking at Thel's fleet's kill count of 120 ships which was the result of them destroying multiply UNSC fleets reinforces this.

And on top of all of that, we're told the total number of UNSC ships had prior to the war in Halo Reach.

From Data Pad 10,

"i've been trying to f1nd a back d0or into the spook house forever and ever and then I did but what did I find and why is this what I found?
<< 2526 >>
[Minutes, working session, Committee of Minds for Security]
[^] Directly preceding their assault on the colony world of Biko, the Covenant transmitted a message to its surface. Within this message was a bold claim: 'your world will burn until its surface is but glass' – a claim that clearly indicates the Covenant leadership believes they possess the power to literally reduce a planet’s surface to a molten state. [^]
[^] Assuming they have the wherewithal to back-up such a claim, the dangers to our creators are obvious.
The implications for their own internal politics are also instructive e.g., what effect might the Covenant leadership's assertion have on any client species in their coalition? We aren't the only beings that would be terrified by the idea of absolute destruction of a planet's surface – nor would we be the only ones to realize the futility of attempting to resist a force that has such power at its disposal. [^]
[^] Moving forward, this Committee recommends the formal adoption of the descriptor 'glassing' to portray the aftermath of planetary assault by the Covenant. It is the opinion of this Committee that this term will capitalize on the three weaknesses evident in the majority of our creators: passive curiosity, absence of a solid methodological foundation, and the inability to grasp even simple phenomena when applied on a planetary scale. [^]
[^] In short: 'glassing' will magnify the horror of the Covenant’s capabilities. And as such, this Committee believes targeted dissemination of this terminology will help galvanize our creators in their current struggle. [^]
[^] Importantly, the Covenant does not possess the capacity to accomplish 'glassing' on a global scale and wage a multisystem war simultaneously. This is reinforced by hard data regarding their capabilities revealed during fleet engagements with the UNSC. A single Covenant capital ship (CCS-class) is capable of 'glassing' approximately one acre of a planet's surface after an average of fifteen seconds of sustained fire. Understandably this action takes considerably less time when applied to open desert, and considerably longer when applied to deep ocean (> 1.8 km) [^]
[^] Earth, one of the smaller planets inhabited by our creators, has one hundred and thirty billion acres of surface area. Thus, assuming the Covenant possesses a number of ships equal to that of the UNSC, and assuming that all of those ships are capable of generating and discharging the required power non-stop for the duration of the process, it would necessitate the combined efforts of their ships in toto for a minimum of 30.3801 years to 'glass' the entire surface of Earth. Myriad other variables which were not applied to this equation suggest this number would be far greater. [^]
[^] Of course, dissemination of this analysis to our creators would undermine the utility of 'glassing' as a galvanizing concept, and should be suppressed. [^]"

The math that tells us their ship numbers based directly off the stated information above,

"60 seconds/min
--------------------------- = 4 acres/min
15 seconds/acre


60 min/hour * 4 acres/min = 240 acres/hour

24 hours/day * 240 acres/hour = 5760 acres/day

5760 acres /day * 365 days/year = 2,102,400 acres/year


130,000,000,000 acres
---------------------------------- = 61,834.09 years for one ship 
2,102,400 acres/year

61,834.09 years
----------------------------- = 2035.35 ships
30.38 years


So about 2035 ships."

But that's assuming the Covenant are 100% efficient which we know they're not (First Strike) so that puts the figure between 2000 and 3000 warships (frigates and up).

So your supposed calc is complete BS as Halo canon says it is because nothing supports it, at all.

Meanwhile we have direct confirmation that a single SA fleet, and the SA have the smallest fleets in ME, numbers in the thousands. And said fleet isn't even the largest as it was stated to be the 4th fleet in the Codex while the 1st fleet was stated to be the largest.
ChasCT2 wrote:
ChasCT2 wrote:
ui876will wrote:
Alright,I saw that people closed the "Halo vs Mass Effect" thread,so I'm opening this new one.
Can the UNSC with it's full might defeat all races from the Mass Effect Universe (except the Reapers)?
No. Their fleets are smaller than the SA's prior to the Reaper War as just one fleet (they had 8 actual fleets total with 63 scout fleets) had thousands of warships alone. In comparison the UNSC has 2000-3000 warships total. Add the Turians, Asari, Geth, and Quarians who all have bigger fleet/s is just overkill. Additionally the UNSC's farthest colony is only 12 lys away from Earth. The Citadel Council meanwhile has colonies all over the galaxy with trillions of people vs the mid double digit billions the UNSC has at their peak. This is the ME's verse fight to lose.
Wrong halo has at least 92 fleets and that equals roughly10000 ships way more than mass effect tiny fleets. You cant disprove it i did the math
-Yoink-. We know that the UNSC had 16 fleets (Ghost of Onyx) with the largest of them numbering only 212 ships (50 supports and 162 warships that made up Cole's fleet at his last stand in Evolutions). The second largest fleet was Reach's after they pulled all their fleets back when they abandoned the Outer Colonies to fortify the Inner Colonies and it only had around 150 ships. Their own homeworld meanwhile only had 75 ships defending it. When we look at Halo Evolutions which puts Cole's fleet of 40 ships as the largest fleet in UNSC history prior to the war, that tells us that their fleets are/were pathetically small. Then looking at Thel's fleet's kill count of 120 ships which was the result of them destroying multiply UNSC fleets reinforces this.

And on top of all of that, we're told the total number of UNSC ships had prior to the war in Halo Reach.

From Data Pad 10,

"i've been trying to f1nd a back d0or into the spook house forever and ever and then I did but what did I find and why is this what I found?
<< 2526 >>
[Minutes, working session, Committee of Minds for Security]
[^] Directly preceding their assault on the colony world of Biko, the Covenant transmitted a message to its surface. Within this message was a bold claim: 'your world will burn until its surface is but glass' – a claim that clearly indicates the Covenant leadership believes they possess the power to literally reduce a planet’s surface to a molten state. [^]
[^] Assuming they have the wherewithal to back-up such a claim, the dangers to our creators are obvious.
The implications for their own internal politics are also instructive e.g., what effect might the Covenant leadership's assertion have on any client species in their coalition? We aren't the only beings that would be terrified by the idea of absolute destruction of a planet's surface – nor would we be the only ones to realize the futility of attempting to resist a force that has such power at its disposal. [^]
[^] Moving forward, this Committee recommends the formal adoption of the descriptor 'glassing' to portray the aftermath of planetary assault by the Covenant. It is the opinion of this Committee that this term will capitalize on the three weaknesses evident in the majority of our creators: passive curiosity, absence of a solid methodological foundation, and the inability to grasp even simple phenomena when applied on a planetary scale. [^]
[^] In short: 'glassing' will magnify the horror of the Covenant’s capabilities. And as such, this Committee believes targeted dissemination of this terminology will help galvanize our creators in their current struggle. [^]
[^] Importantly, the Covenant does not possess the capacity to accomplish 'glassing' on a global scale and wage a multisystem war simultaneously. This is reinforced by hard data regarding their capabilities revealed during fleet engagements with the UNSC. A single Covenant capital ship (CCS-class) is capable of 'glassing' approximately one acre of a planet's surface after an average of fifteen seconds of sustained fire. Understandably this action takes considerably less time when applied to open desert, and considerably longer when applied to deep ocean (> 1.8 km) [^]
[^] Earth, one of the smaller planets inhabited by our creators, has one hundred and thirty billion acres of surface area. Thus, assuming the Covenant possesses a number of ships equal to that of the UNSC, and assuming that all of those ships are capable of generating and discharging the required power non-stop for the duration of the process, it would necessitate the combined efforts of their ships in toto for a minimum of 30.3801 years to 'glass' the entire surface of Earth. Myriad other variables which were not applied to this equation suggest this number would be far greater. [^]
[^] Of course, dissemination of this analysis to our creators would undermine the utility of 'glassing' as a galvanizing concept, and should be suppressed. [^]"

The math that tells us their ship numbers based directly off the stated information above,

"60 seconds/min
--------------------------- = 4 acres/min
15 seconds/acre


60 min/hour * 4 acres/min = 240 acres/hour

24 hours/day * 240 acres/hour = 5760 acres/day

5760 acres /day * 365 days/year = 2,102,400 acres/year


130,000,000,000 acres
---------------------------------- = 61,834.09 years for one ship 
2,102,400 acres/year

61,834.09 years
----------------------------- = 2035.35 ships
30.38 years


So about 2035 ships."

But that's assuming the Covenant are 100% efficient which we know they're not (First Strike) so that puts the figure between 2000 and 3000 warships (frigates and up).

So your supposed calc is complete BS as Halo canon says it is because nothing supports it, at all.

Meanwhile we have direct confirmation that a single SA fleet, and the SA have the smallest fleets in ME, numbers in the thousands. And said fleet isn't even the largest as it was stated to be the 4th fleet in the Codex while the 1st fleet was stated to be the largest.
Your numbers are fluffed up for mass effect you are counting individual fighters and that is very misleading. Halo numbers are old lore and somewhat untrustworthy i read the same books and it never read most of the stuff in your post. And the stuff i do remeber youre connecting dots to covenant to halo ships where they do not connect and do not make sennse and jumping to the conclusion that halo only has 200 ships which does not make sense because common sense and hpw could halo beat covenant and flood with only 2000 ships. And the halo lore in your post is old lore like that book onyx was written back in 2012 i think and is messed up just like the number of sparten s in project 2 and bringing cortana back from death and some the ship 343i has rewritten a lot of the lore. You should reread the newer lore i like but many people hate on 343i for changing things i do not agree.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Unsc of course
hickmanb23 wrote:
Unsc of course
Yes unsc just has too much of a technological advatage the mass effect are like children playing wiyh fire
ChasCT2 wrote:
ChasCT2 wrote:
ui876will wrote:
Alright,I saw that people closed the "Halo vs Mass Effect" thread,so I'm opening this new one.
Can the UNSC with it's full might defeat all races from the Mass Effect Universe (except the Reapers)?
No. Their fleets are smaller than the SA's prior to the Reaper War as just one fleet (they had 8 actual fleets total with 63 scout fleets) had thousands of warships alone. In comparison the UNSC has 2000-3000 warships total. Add the Turians, Asari, Geth, and Quarians who all have bigger fleet/s is just overkill. Additionally the UNSC's farthest colony is only 12 lys away from Earth. The Citadel Council meanwhile has colonies all over the galaxy with trillions of people vs the mid double digit billions the UNSC has at their peak. This is the ME's verse fight to lose.
Your numbers are fluffed up for mass effect you are counting individual fighters and that is very misleading. Halo numbers are old lore and somewhat untrustworthy i read the same books and it never read most of the stuff in your post. And the stuff i do remeber youre connecting dots to covenant to halo ships where they do not connect and do not make sennse and jumping to the conclusion that halo only has 200 ships which does not make sense because common sense and hpw could halo beat covenant and flood with only 2000 ships. And the halo lore in your post is old lore like that book onyx was written back in 2012 i think and is messed up just like the number of sparten s in project 2 and bringing cortana back from death and some the ship 343i has rewritten a lot of the lore. You should reread the newer lore i like but many people hate on 343i for changing things i do not agree.
No they're not because A) fighters don't count towards a fleet size in ME, B) fleets are composed of; corvettes, destroyers, frigates, cruisers, dreadnoughts, and carriers, and C) people wouldn't be panicking and making world news if it was just fighters amassing. And to add insult to injury, even if the majority of those ships were fighters to play into your fanfiction, the SA would still win as those fighters are running around with weaponry comparable to the MAC (Thanix Cannon) in terms of firepower on top of being totally untouchable to everything UNSC ships have except for their PD (and even that's a maybe going off of Halo Reach's showing for it) thanks to their Eezo cores making them super hard to hit. To further pour salt on that wound, the SA alone can canonically build the Crucible, which is a weapon several times bigger than the Infinity, after essentially losing all of their worlds and infrastructure to the Reapers in the span of six months. In comparison, the UNSC took half of the Human/Covenant war to build the Infinity with half of their budget for the war (aka everything they had) going into it with full access to all of their resources for a period of time.

Ahh, I see that you're blind, illiterate, have terrible memory, or just plain stupid if you lack the ability to understand kindergarten level English.

And I now see that you are blind. Let me bold the part that makes valid and only quote it since you can't see it.

" Thus, assuming the Covenant possesses a number of ships equal to that of the UNSC"

The UNSC didn't beat the Covenant, they got their -Yoinks!- handed to them on a silver platter by a Covenant pulling its punches as a Covenant ship of comparable size to a UNSC ship required the UNSC to outnumber it 3-1 for a chance of victory outside of very specific situations and only a small portion of the Covenant was actually fighting to kill humanity (source, Halo Fleet Battles and Halsey's Journal). The only reason why humanity survived the war was because of the Covenant's civil war. Had the civil war not occurred, Truth would have activated the Halo Array and killed all life in the galaxy after humanity was driven into extinction by the Covenant. As for the Flood, the UNSC again got their -Yoinks!- handed to them on a silver platter by a minor outbreak and single infected ship that took out the UNSC's forces at Vol (and surrounding area) in minutes and only survived because of the Covenant Separatists arriving to glass the entire area and the fact that the Lesser Ark was building a new Installation 0-4 to wipe out the Flood on High Charity.

Now I know you're lying or have seriously bad memory. Ghost of Onyx had nothing to do with Spartan II numbers as it dealt with the Spartan IIIs, was released in 2006, and Cortana got bought back in Halo 5 after dying in Halo 4 dude. Ghost of Onyx takes place after Halo 2 but before Halo 3.

Yes 343i has rewritten a lot of the lore but guess what? They wrote Halo Evolutions which puts 40 ships as the largest Pre War fleet with the largest war time fleet being 212 ships, Thel's fleet's kill count from Halo 2 Anniversary in their Terminals, and rereleased TFoR which established Reach as the most heavily defended planet followed by Earth with the novel giving us Reach's fleet size (around 150 ships) and Halo 2 giving us Earth's fleet size of 75 ships (8 cruisers and rest frigates). Additionally they have yet to contradict the information Bungie had released for the fleet numbers and total ship numbers which means they're valid until 343i changes them. Though given how 343i has nerfed the UNSC and Covenant space combat abilities to the point where New Battlestar Galactica stands a reasonable chance of beating them, I'm positive that 343i would nerf the ever loving hell out of the fleet numbers and total ship numbers Bungie set up.
ChasCT2 wrote:
ChasCT2 wrote:
ChasCT2 wrote:
ui876will wrote:
Alright,I saw that people closed the "Halo vs Mass Effect" thread,so I'm opening this new one.
Can the UNSC with it's full might defeat all races from the Mass Effect Universe (except the Reapers)?
No. Their fleets are smaller than the SA's prior to the Reaper War as just one fleet (they had 8 actual fleets total with 63 scout fleets) had thousands of warships alone. In comparison the UNSC has 2000-3000 warships total. Add the Turians, Asari, Geth, and Quarians who all have bigger fleet/s is just overkill. Additionally the UNSC's farthest colony is only 12 lys away from Earth. The Citadel Council meanwhile has colonies all over the galaxy with trillions of people vs the mid double digit billions the UNSC has at their peak. This is the ME's verse fight to lose.
No they're not because A) fighters don't count towards a fleet size in ME, B) fleets are composed of; corvettes, destroyers, frigates, cruisers, dreadnoughts, and carriers, and C) people wouldn't be panicking and making world news if it was just fighters amassing. And to add insult to injury, even if the majority of those ships were fighters to play into your fanfiction, the SA would still win as those fighters are running around with weaponry comparable to the MAC (Thanix Cannon) in terms of firepower on top of being totally untouchable to everything UNSC ships have except for their PD (and even that's a maybe going off of Halo Reach's showing for it) thanks to their Eezo cores making them super hard to hit. To further pour salt on that wound, the SA alone can canonically build the Crucible, which is a weapon several times bigger than the Infinity, after essentially losing all of their worlds and infrastructure to the Reapers in the span of six months. In comparison, the UNSC took half of the Human/Covenant war to build the Infinity with half of their budget for the war (aka everything they had) going into it with full access to all of their resources for a period of time.

Ahh, I see that you're blind, illiterate, have terrible memory, or just plain stupid if you lack the ability to understand kindergarten level English.

And I now see that you are blind. Let me bold the part that makes valid and only quote it since you can't see it.

" Thus, assuming the Covenant possesses a number of ships equal to that of the UNSC"

The UNSC didn't beat the Covenant, they got their -Yoinks!- handed to them on a silver platter by a Covenant pulling its punches as a Covenant ship of comparable size to a UNSC ship required the UNSC to outnumber it 3-1 for a chance of victory outside of very specific situations and only a small portion of the Covenant was actually fighting to kill humanity (source, Halo Fleet Battles and Halsey's Journal). The only reason why humanity survived the war was because of the Covenant's civil war. Had the civil war not occurred, Truth would have activated the Halo Array and killed all life in the galaxy after humanity was driven into extinction by the Covenant. As for the Flood, the UNSC again got their -Yoinks!- handed to them on a silver platter by a minor outbreak and single infected ship that took out the UNSC's forces at Vol (and surrounding area) in minutes and only survived because of the Covenant Separatists arriving to glass the entire area and the fact that the Lesser Ark was building a new Installation 0-4 to wipe out the Flood on High Charity.

Now I know you're lying or have seriously bad memory. Ghost of Onyx had nothing to do with Spartan II numbers as it dealt with the Spartan IIIs, was released in 2006, and Cortana got bought back in Halo 5 after dying in Halo 4 dude. Ghost of Onyx takes place after Halo 2 but before Halo 3.

Yes 343i has rewritten a lot of the lore but guess what? They wrote Halo Evolutions which puts 40 ships as the largest Pre War fleet with the largest war time fleet being 212 ships, Thel's fleet's kill count from Halo 2 Anniversary in their Terminals, and rereleased TFoR which established Reach as the most heavily defended planet followed by Earth with the novel giving us Reach's fleet size (around 150 ships) and Halo 2 giving us Earth's fleet size of 75 ships (8 cruisers and rest frigates). Additionally they have yet to contradict the information Bungie had released for the fleet numbers and total ship numbers which means they're valid until 343i changes them. Though given how 343i has nerfed the UNSC and Covenant space combat abilities to the point where New Battlestar Galactica stands a reasonable chance of beating them, I'm positive that 343i would nerf the ever loving hell out of the fleet numbers and total ship numbers Bungie set up.
You. I like you. Go Mass Effect.
Mass effect can have trillions more people a singke mac round will kill trillions.
...What? Most MACs are city-busters... not "civilization-smashers".

Quote:
I do not understand why the economy matters if halo runs out of money they can just declare emergency and take the supplies for free and mass effect might have more paper money but thats not going to protect you from a team of spartens or the infinity.
Economics plays a role in everything. If you do not have the required money, materials, and support - you cannot wage a war. The UNSC (Post-War) have lost a majority of their suppliers, producers in the Outer Colonies, and the industrial centers to keep anything but their most basic infrastructure going. Mars and Tribute represent the main exporters of military equipment (also hold the main shipbuilding yards for humanity) ... and yet, they have very few sources to siphon the necessary resources from (logistic chains are already strained) - which is why commercial applications would actually take priority to return the economy to a more stable state... though the extent of the damage that stemmed from conflict with the Covenant will make this an arduous (read: likely impossible) process. If the UNSC (Post-War) got caught in an engagement with any ME race... I foresee the destruction of human society in an untimely manner.

I don't believe you understand the definition of "War Effort" or the consequences stemming from an aggressive takeover of society - we, humans, are very individualistic and enjoy privacy and command of our personal lives (Related: Security vs Freedom, Sacrifice vs Tyranny). To take those supplies without reparations or the support of the population will incite unrest -> hostilities -> rebellion/riots -> and the eventual attempted overthrow of the government in-power by conflicted parties from within, as those supplies will have to come from somewhere where they are very much needed. Living standards will take a hit in any War Economy scenarios, extreme cases (like the one you are suggesting) will mean resource shortages/ heavy rationing/ greater taxes becoming common place. There are also issues involving accumulated debt from large mobilizations that I mentioned earlier. Safety measures put in place by the military are not fool-proof, and as history has shown us, have the potential to destroy support on the homefront.

The same can be said for the Pre-War UEG (but its actually amplified), as they are held back by communication, resource shortages, and petty ideological dichotomy. Good luck convincing the Outer Colonies to join the cause when "half of the galaxy" has dedicated themselves to destroy, not humanity, but the militaristic right arm of the Inner Colonies's iron grip and clouded will. Unlike the Covenant, the CC have always been diplomatic in the beginning of any first encounter, and the UNSC hardly represents the entirety of all of human space - which means very, very big problems for the UNSC when Wildcat colonies or Insurrectionist forces start providing intelligence to the CC (see: Deniable Operations).

Since you mentioned Infinity, lets talk about the Post-War UNSC:

SPARTANs aren't immortal. And they aren't up against an incompetent conglomerate of aliens that are already being held back by religious guidelines and decisions made by leaders/leadership who have been exploiting the main motives behind their respective group's continued existence - nor one who suffers from technological limitations that had once secured the Prophet's role in the Covenant Hegemony. Neither are the Citadel a group of species who are barely holding their own in the Post-War universe, after losing access to the maintence and management lines who have been keeping them running for years now. If you refer to a strict planetary engagement - they aren't going to be all that decisive when up against a competent and powerful military force who have been using space magic for thousands of years. The parallel reference to the Covenant was intended, because the results would be very much different this time.

The Infinity is a single ship, that has been canonically powered/motivated by the sheer incompetence of its own crew, and can only be at any one place at a given time. Nevertheless, they are hardly untouchable - and while capable in its own right... is still subjected to the common dangers and perils of space-combat, especially against a force that is employing AM/X (and Space Magic) munitions and array of other advantages that can be brought into the fight.

Quote:
And the geth got hacked by the reapers im sure cortana, black box and rollend will do the same and have them betray their citadel friends and tell halo their secrets and where all the base and planets are. And having the bigger guns helps win the war
The Geth were never hacked by the Reapers. Everything else you say is unfounded, since again, you are making wild judgements without a shred of evidence or the citations to back your assertions.

As for bigger guns being so damn important to you: you do realize that our modern naval vessels pack less firepower in their conventional ordinance than their immediate predecessors, right? And yet, in a direct fight, the experienced would not favor the chances of a Battleship against even their diminutive successors.
ChasCT2 wrote:
ChasCT2 wrote:
ChasCT2 wrote:
ui876will wrote:
Alright,I saw that people closed the "Halo vs Mass Effect" thread,so I'm opening this new one.
Can the UNSC with it's full might defeat all races from the Mass Effect Universe (except the Reapers)?
No. Their fleets are smaller than the SA's prior to the Reaper War as just one fleet (they had 8 actual fleets total with 63 scout fleets) had thousands of warships alone. In comparison the UNSC has 2000-3000 warships total. Add the Turians, Asari, Geth, and Quarians who all have bigger fleet/s is just overkill. Additionally the UNSC's farthest colony is only 12 lys away from Earth. The Citadel Council meanwhile has colonies all over the galaxy with trillions of people vs the mid double digit billions the UNSC has at their peak. This is the ME's verse fight to lose.
Your numbers are fluffed up for mass effect you are counting individual fighters and that is very misleading. Halo numbers are old lore and somewhat untrustworthy i read the same books and it never read most of the stuff in your post. And the stuff i do remeber youre connecting dots to covenant to halo ships where they do not connect and do not make sennse and jumping to the conclusion that halo only has 200 ships which does not make sense because common sense and hpw could halo beat covenant and flood with only 2000 ships. And the halo lore in your post is old lore like that book onyx was written back in 2012 i think and is messed up just like the number of sparten s in project 2 and bringing cortana back from death and some the ship 343i has rewritten a lot of the lore. You should reread the newer lore i like but many people hate on 343i for changing things i do not agree.
No they're not because A) fighters don't count towards a fleet size in ME, B) fleets are composed of; corvettes, destroyers, frigates, cruisers, dreadnoughts, and carriers, and C) people wouldn't be panicking and making world news if it was just fighters amassing. And to add insult to injury, even if the majority of those ships were fighters to play into your fanfiction, the SA would still win as those fighters are running around with weaponry comparable to the MAC (Thanix Cannon) in terms of firepower on top of being totally untouchable to everything UNSC ships have except for their PD (and even that's a maybe going off of Halo Reach's showing for it) thanks to their Eezo cores making them super hard to hit. To further pour salt on that wound, the SA alone can canonically build the Crucible, which is a weapon several times bigger than the Infinity, after essentially losing all of their worlds and infrastructure to the Reapers in the span of six months. In comparison, the UNSC took half of the Human/Covenant war to build the Infinity with half of their budget for the war (aka everything they had) going into it with full access to all of their resources for a period of time.

Ahh, I see that you're blind, illiterate, have terrible memory, or just plain stupid if you lack the ability to understand kindergarten level English.

And I now see that you are blind. Let me bold the part that makes valid and only quote it since you can't see it.

" Thus, assuming the Covenant possesses a number of ships equal to that of the UNSC"

The UNSC didn't beat the Covenant, they got their -Yoinks!- handed to them on a silver platter by a Covenant pulling its punches as a Covenant ship of comparable size to a UNSC ship required the UNSC to outnumber it 3-1 for a chance of victory outside of very specific situations and only a small portion of the Covenant was actually fighting to kill humanity (source, Halo Fleet Battles and Halsey's Journal). The only reason why humanity survived the war was because of the Covenant's civil war. Had the civil war not occurred, Truth would have activated the Halo Array and killed all life in the galaxy after humanity was driven into extinction by the Covenant. As for the Flood, the UNSC again got their -Yoinks!- handed to them on a silver platter by a minor outbreak and single infected ship that took out the UNSC's forces at Vol (and surrounding area) in minutes and only survived because of the Covenant Separatists arriving to glass the entire area and the fact that the Lesser Ark was building a new Installation 0-4 to wipe out the Flood on High Charity.

Now I know you're lying or have seriously bad memory. Ghost of Onyx had nothing to do with Spartan II numbers as it dealt with the Spartan IIIs, was released in 2006, and Cortana got bought back in Halo 5 after dying in Halo 4 dude. Ghost of Onyx takes place after Halo 2 but before Halo 3.

Yes 343i has rewritten a lot of the lore but guess what? They wrote Halo Evolutions which puts 40 ships as the largest Pre War fleet with the largest war time fleet being 212 ships, Thel's fleet's kill count from Halo 2 Anniversary in their Terminals, and rereleased TFoR which established Reach as the most heavily defended planet followed by Earth with the novel giving us Reach's fleet size (around 150 ships) and Halo 2 giving us Earth's fleet size of 75 ships (8 cruisers and rest frigates). Additionally they have yet to contradict the information Bungie had released for the fleet numbers and total ship numbers which means they're valid until 343i changes them. Though given how 343i has nerfed the UNSC and Covenant space combat abilities to the point where New Battlestar Galactica stands a reasonable chance of beating them, I'm positive that 343i would nerf the ever loving hell out of the fleet numbers and total ship numbers Bungie set up.
Yes i know fighters do not count toward fleet size that is why i said your numbers were fluffdd up because they counted some fihters and if fighters wree amazing i would be freaking out but the level of panickness and relaxnesss has nothing to with the ship count. The thanix cannon on fighters is nothing to a unsc gun ii was like comparing a nerf gun to a bazooka and that does not have nothing to do with ship count either im not even sure what you are arguing. I have lived and breathed halo since the last couple years i have played most of the games and read the lore i am like an encylopeda for halo. You keep telling me i am wrong and saying how i am not linking things but i am not marine yet but you are and you are linking nothing just telling me i am wrong and you are right but i know i am righter so this is just a big he she he she said whick is not very cool. But you can think whatever you want i have the facts on me and halos side. When you have to make fun of my bad english and be a bully it is pretty clear you are badly losing this debate. I have not called you names just making my ponts
Mass effect can have trillions more people a singke mac round will kill trillions.
...What? Most MACs are city-busters... not "civilization-smashers".

Quote:
I do not understand why the economy matters if halo runs out of money they can just declare emergency and take the supplies for free and mass effect might have more paper money but thats not going to protect you from a team of spartens or the infinity.
Economics plays a role in everything. If you do not have the required money, materials, and support - you cannot wage a war. The UNSC (Post-War) have lost a majority of their suppliers, producers in the Outer Colonies, and the industrial centers to keep anything but their most basic infrastructure going. Mars and Tribute represent the main exporters of military equipment (also hold the main shipbuilding yards for humanity) ... and yet, they have very few sources to siphon the necessary resources from (logistic chains are already strained) - which is why commercial applications would actually take priority to return the economy to a more stable state... though the extent of the damage that stemmed from conflict with the Covenant will make this an arduous (read: likely impossible) process. If the UNSC (Post-War) got caught in an engagement with any ME race... I foresee the destruction of human society in an untimely manner.

I don't believe you understand the definition of "War Effort" or the consequences stemming from an aggressive takeover of society - we, humans, are very individualistic and enjoy privacy and command of our personal lives (Related: Security vs Freedom, Sacrifice vs Tyranny). To take those supplies without reparations or the support of the population will incite unrest -> hostilities -> rebellion/riots -> and the eventual attempted overthrow of the government in-power by conflicted parties from within, as those supplies will have to come from somewhere where they are very much needed. Living standards will take a hit in any War Economy scenarios, extreme cases (like the one you are suggesting) will mean resource shortages/ heavy rationing/ greater taxes becoming common place. There are also issues involving accumulated debt from large mobilizations that I mentioned earlier. Safety measures put in place by the military are not fool-proof, and as history has shown us, have the potential to destroy support on the homefront.

The same can be said for the Pre-War UEG (but its actually amplified), as they are held back by communication, resource shortages, and petty ideological dichotomy. Good luck convincing the Outer Colonies to join the cause when "half of the galaxy" has dedicated themselves to destroy, not humanity, but the militaristic right arm of the Inner Colonies's iron grip and clouded will. Unlike the Covenant, the CC have always been diplomatic in the beginning of any first encounter, and the UNSC hardly represents the entirety of all of human space - which means very, very big problems for the UNSC when Wildcat colonies or Insurrectionist forces start providing intelligence to the CC (see: Deniable Operations).

Since you mentioned Infinity, lets talk about the Post-War UNSC:

SPARTANs aren't immortal. And they aren't up against an incompetent conglomerate of aliens that are already being held back by religious guidelines and decisions made by leaders/leadership who have been exploiting the main motives behind their respective group's continued existence - nor one who suffers from technological limitations that had once secured the Prophet's role in the Covenant Hegemony. Neither are the Citadel a group of species who are barely holding their own in the Post-War universe, after losing access to the maintence and management lines who have been keeping them running for years now. If you refer to a strict planetary engagement - they aren't going to be all that decisive when up against a competent and powerful military force who have been using space magic for thousands of years. The parallel reference to the Covenant was intended, because the results would be very much different this time.

The Infinity is a single ship, that has been canonically powered/motivated by the sheer incompetence of its own crew, and can only be at any one place at a given time. Nevertheless, they are hardly untouchable - and while capable in its own right... is still subjected to the common dangers and perils of space-combat, especially against a force that is employing AM/X (and Space Magic) munitions and array of other advantages that can be brought into the fight.

Quote:
And the geth got hacked by the reapers im sure cortana, black box and rollend will do the same and have them betray their citadel friends and tell halo their secrets and where all the base and planets are. And having the bigger guns helps win the war
The Geth were never hacked by the Reapers. Everything else you say is unfounded, since again, you are making wild judgements without a shred of evidence or the citations to back your assertions.

As for bigger guns being so damn important to you: you do realize that our modern naval vessels pack less firepower in their conventional ordinance than their immediate predecessors, right? And yet, in a direct fight, the experienced would not favor the chances of a Battleship against even their diminutive successors.
I am not sure what you mean by they destroy cities not civilizations it is the same thing and if you thought i meant blowing up entire planets that is not what i meant i was talking about the mac gun being able to kill a lot of people at one time and that numbers are not everything it just means it will take halo longer time to kill all of mass efect being there are lots of them. Everyone likes money but i think humans enjoy life more i see no reason why they would decide to let the entire halo galaxy die just for a few bucks saved and if they die how will they be able to spend them because their lives are o the line too. And rationing supplies and making amilitary economy is tough on people but not impossible the us did it in the wars and they won and i think facing mass effect would unite halo just like they united when covenant attacked. And to say that cortana would not be able to heck geth is pretty silly i feel like she would crack the code and take over their central mind pretty fast she did the same thing to the covenant hacking their systems bunch of times and civenant tech is much superior to anything mass effect has even the reapers. And i do not know any that would favor a weapon that was weaker than another it who are these experienced people i do not knoe. And you said have no citations but you do not either i am just giving you the facts deny them if you want but halo beats mass effects tiny fleet any day
ChasCT2 wrote:
ChasCT2 wrote:
ChasCT2 wrote:
ui876will wrote:
Alright,I saw that people closed the "Halo vs Mass Effect" thread,so I'm opening this new one.
Can the UNSC with it's full might defeat all races from the Mass Effect Universe (except the Reapers)?
No. Their fleets are smaller than the SA's prior to the Reaper War as just one fleet (they had 8 actual fleets total with 63 scout fleets) had thousands of warships alone. In comparison the UNSC has 2000-3000 warships total. Add the Turians, Asari, Geth, and Quarians who all have bigger fleet/s is just overkill. Additionally the UNSC's farthest colony is only 12 lys away from Earth. The Citadel Council meanwhile has colonies all over the galaxy with trillions of people vs the mid double digit billions the UNSC has at their peak. This is the ME's verse fight to lose.
No they're not because A) fighters don't count towards a fleet size in ME, B) fleets are composed of; corvettes, destroyers, frigates, cruisers, dreadnoughts, and carriers, and C) people wouldn't be panicking and making world news if it was just fighters amassing. And to add insult to injury, even if the majority of those ships were fighters to play into your fanfiction, the SA would still win as those fighters are running around with weaponry comparable to the MAC (Thanix Cannon) in terms of firepower on top of being totally untouchable to everything UNSC ships have except for their PD (and even that's a maybe going off of Halo Reach's showing for it) thanks to their Eezo cores making them super hard to hit. To further pour salt on that wound, the SA alone can canonically build the Crucible, which is a weapon several times bigger than the Infinity, after essentially losing all of their worlds and infrastructure to the Reapers in the span of six months. In comparison, the UNSC took half of the Human/Covenant war to build the Infinity with half of their budget for the war (aka everything they had) going into it with full access to all of their resources for a period of time.

Ahh, I see that you're blind, illiterate, have terrible memory, or just plain stupid if you lack the ability to understand kindergarten level English.

And I now see that you are blind. Let me bold the part that makes valid and only quote it since you can't see it.

" Thus, assuming the Covenant possesses a number of ships equal to that of the UNSC"

The UNSC didn't beat the Covenant, they got their -Yoinks!- handed to them on a silver platter by a Covenant pulling its punches as a Covenant ship of comparable size to a UNSC ship required the UNSC to outnumber it 3-1 for a chance of victory outside of very specific situations and only a small portion of the Covenant was actually fighting to kill humanity (source, Halo Fleet Battles and Halsey's Journal). The only reason why humanity survived the war was because of the Covenant's civil war. Had the civil war not occurred, Truth would have activated the Halo Array and killed all life in the galaxy after humanity was driven into extinction by the Covenant. As for the Flood, the UNSC again got their -Yoinks!- handed to them on a silver platter by a minor outbreak and single infected ship that took out the UNSC's forces at Vol (and surrounding area) in minutes and only survived because of the Covenant Separatists arriving to glass the entire area and the fact that the Lesser Ark was building a new Installation 0-4 to wipe out the Flood on High Charity.

Now I know you're lying or have seriously bad memory. Ghost of Onyx had nothing to do with Spartan II numbers as it dealt with the Spartan IIIs, was released in 2006, and Cortana got bought back in Halo 5 after dying in Halo 4 dude. Ghost of Onyx takes place after Halo 2 but before Halo 3.

Yes 343i has rewritten a lot of the lore but guess what? They wrote Halo Evolutions which puts 40 ships as the largest Pre War fleet with the largest war time fleet being 212 ships, Thel's fleet's kill count from Halo 2 Anniversary in their Terminals, and rereleased TFoR which established Reach as the most heavily defended planet followed by Earth with the novel giving us Reach's fleet size (around 150 ships) and Halo 2 giving us Earth's fleet size of 75 ships (8 cruisers and rest frigates). Additionally they have yet to contradict the information Bungie had released for the fleet numbers and total ship numbers which means they're valid until 343i changes them. Though given how 343i has nerfed the UNSC and Covenant space combat abilities to the point where New Battlestar Galactica stands a reasonable chance of beating them, I'm positive that 343i would nerf the ever loving hell out of the fleet numbers and total ship numbers Bungie set up.
You. I like you. Go Mass Effect.
I like you too but go halo they will crush mass effect with their large fleet spartens and oni spies
What's a "sparten"?

Anywho. The differing universes retcon things often. Different technologies and their uses are quantified differently, and the applications and versatility of this that and the other are always applied where suits the story best, rarely where makes the most sense from a tactical point of view. My point being, ME and Halo are hard to compare.
Personally, I'm inclined to say that the UNSC would win in a fight. And I can't be bothered explaining why I think that...

Comparing ME and Halo is like getting a goose egg and a hot dog and saying, "Compare these two fruit."

Ridiculous analogy being an attempt to diffuse the apparent troubles over differing opinions.
What's a "sparten"?

Anywho. The differing universes retcon things often. Different technologies and their uses are quantified differently, and the applications and versatility of this that and the other are always applied where suits the story best, rarely where makes the most sense from a tactical point of view. My point being, ME and Halo are hard to compare.
Personally, I'm inclined to say that the UNSC would win in a fight. And I can't be bothered explaining why I think that...

Comparing ME and Halo is like getting a goose egg and a hot dog and saying, "Compare these two fruit."

Ridiculous analogy being an attempt to diffuse the apparent troubles over differing opinions.
Goose egg. Hot dog is no match against its hard exterior of calcium carbonate and potential impact force.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 9