Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Universe

UNSC vs Mass Effect Universe

OP ui876will

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. ...
  7. 9
Drof97 wrote:
UNSC vs Humanity
Brutes vs Krogan
Elites vs ???
The first one does not make any sense. The UNSC is a human based organisation. I believe it should be the System's Alliance, not "Humanity".

You do know that Brutes are a lot stronger, larger, faster and heavier than Elites, Krogan and even Spartans (speed being roughly equal in the Spartan's case) right? A Jiralhanae would utterly dominate a Krogan except in the most extreme circumstances, such as biotics, which is extremely rare among individuals. A far more fair comparison would be to have the Krogan face off against an Elite, which, in the end, favour the Krogan due to his endurance which would ultimately be the deciding factor. Elites and Krogans are roughly comparable in strength and size (Krogan size in Mass Effect is rather inconsistent however they are roughly 7-8 feet tall,on average), however Elites are notably less tough than Krogan.
Oh come on, FordFalcon. None of those physical attributes matter if you don't understand how to use it. For a real life example, look at Sugar Rey vs Thomas Hearns in 9-16-1981, despite having every physical advantage in that fight, Thomas Hearns got trashed - something that simply should not have happened. The same thing still happens today.

In other words, and I believe I'm quoting Roger Mayweather here, "it doesn't mean $hit if you don't know what to do with it."

Spartans and Elites have consistently been referred to as to the superior force in comparison to the typical jiralhanae warrior. Despite having all the aforementioned advantages in physical attributes, individuals have constantly turned the tables and in some cases, tackled head-on the more numerous Jiralhanae forces - because none of the brutes know how to use their strengths. Which as the name implies, such behavior is a commonality.

Krogan non-biotic veterans will successfully fight off most Jiralhanae, they recognize that they cannot afford those same mistakes as their younger counterparts (brute method of tackling obstacles) and will adapt. Older Krogan exploit economy of motion, energy and environment to maximize efficiency (straight from Codex) - and have centuries of experience (practice) to pull off from. With this in mind, success is but a trivial concern (something GrimBrother likely recognized in the first K v. B debate). The typical Jiralhanae may walk out of a fight with an immature krogan (the guy is still gonna put up one hell of an impressive fight), but they won't be doing the same with a guy who has been fighting since before the Jiralhanae discovered spaceflight for the first time.

And Biotic krogan are standing in their own weight class.

Of course there are, as always, exceptions to the rule. But under these circumstances - where the Krogan don't have legions of Geth fodder (Pun intended) to depend on for mass-attrition tactics, you're gonna see the continued usage of an system of practices that emphasizes methodical, yet brutal actions that will eliminate a Jiralhanae warrior in the quickest way possible. Strength does play an important role in hand-to-hand combat, but is hardly the decisive factor here.

Put an Elite and a Krogan in a boxing ring - and there will be very few elites who would be able to talk about the experience, much less walk out on two feet.

On that note: lets put a Yahg against a Brute.
ChasCT2 wrote:
ChasCT2 wrote:
ChasCT2 wrote:
ChasCT2 wrote:
The UNSC beats the fleet of all species of Mass Effect because the technological supremacy always beats the numerical superiority , this without the reapers , because otherwise it would be a much tougher fight for CST but however, the results would be no different , except for the fact that there would be more losses for the UNSC fleet. Sorry for my bad English ' XD
And dont forget they have the sparten too like they would win every ground battle with blueteam
While, yes, spartens are a formidable force, the rest of UNSC's ground forces more closely resemble the United States, not a space-faring galatic empire. ME ground forces, however, have kinetic barriers (making bullets useless), biotics, and weapons that actually look more sci-fi than 21st century.
There would have to be multiple spartens on the ground for the UNSC just to have a fighting chance. And even then, my money's on Mass Effect. Heck, I'd even give Conrad Verner a 50/50 shot to take down the Master Chief. (A bit of an exaggeration, but you get the point.)
If the Council loses, it won't be on the ground.
The covenant was taken out by master chief i doubt mass effect could stop them. And mass effect has better armor but bullets are not useless they can still hiit things. Spartens would win the war for halo just like when halo foight the other aliens the covenant
Kinetic barriers deflect rapidly moving projectiles. So yes, the UNSC's bullet-based weaponry would have a considerably difficult time hitting the Council's ground troops, actually.
The Chief and his spartens, as I mentioned earlier, are a formidable fighting force. However, there are only so many of them, and the war with the Covenant showed that spartens are far from immortal. Run into a group of biotics and even Blue Team would be thrown around like rag dolls. (Kinda like how the Didact man-handled the Chief in H4.)
Also, MC didn't single-handedly defeat the Covenant. Isn't that right, Arby?
Bullets are useless but what about plasma from Covenant weapons?
Relatively useless since they use ablative armor that can remain partially intact after falling from orbit.
You are mixing the two up halo the chief fell from space not mass effect i remember watching it when i was playing halo 3. And its called melnor armor not abative whatever that means
No I'm not, I'm talking about Shepard falling from orbit in ME 2 after he died from a lack of oxygen.
And ablative armor is armor designed to disperse energy (NASA uses it on their to shuttles) unlike the UNSC Marine's/ODST's armor. Said armor works by boiling itself when hit by energy weapons like lasers, plasma, particle, and other DEWs to disperse the weapon, significantly weakening them.
Oh sorry i was confused by what you mean by falling orbit but i do nt agree with marine armors being weak in halo 3odst i took plasma shots and even a rocket shot near me and my odst armor was so good i survived in mass effect someone can punch you no protection
I never said that it was weak, only that it's less effective against Covenant plasma weaponry on the account of it being Ablative. Additionally all ME soldiers have Kinetic Barriers which grants them a massive survivability edge over Marines as it is a rechargeable shield that will block the most deadly part of the plasma.
And that's gameplay. If a 102mm HEAT rocket hit near you, three things would happen to you. You die via being ripped to shreds by shrapnel, have your organs turned into mush by the shockwave, or die from the explosion. Don't try bringing gameplay into this, if you do, then ME humans can tank nukes, black holes, and rockets to the face.
As for the punching thing, Kinetic Barriers don't block punches on the account of them being set to block objects moving above a certain threshold in speed. Said threshold can be modified by the user simply by changing it with their Omni Tool.
I did not know that about mass effect armor but im not sure why you ignoring the parts of the game that hurt your argument that mhalo does not beat mass effect . All of this is from games you are underestimating odst armor it is very tough it stops plasma too without needing flashy sjhields and chief has the best shield in both mass effect and halo. And odsts are better trained than mass effect they were fighting aliens learned things that mass effect do not got experience
Spartans drown in water three feet deep,
Halo 3, Sierra 117. MC can fully submerge himself in water and not drown. Huh.
Quote:
You mean the same dudes who use infantry squares, The Flood, aka the same tactics we stop using before the American Revolution?
Do you not remember the part about Maj. Silva's troops subsequent surprise about being issued such archaic orders (but following them nonetheless, because Silva's still their bloody CO)?
Unit 50079 wrote:
Unit 50079 wrote:
The UNSC cannot fight the sheer numbers that the Council Races have, because of their number superiority, they can swarm UNSC ships and obliterate the UNSC fleets, at the expense of heavy casualties, the only edge the UNSC has is slipspace travel, and their Gauss technology (Gauss cannon, Railgun, MAC cannon.) Some of the largest fleets the UNSC ever organized together took heavy casualties fighting only a handful of Covenant ships, and considering the Council Races from ME are also technologically superior, and have greater numbers, the UNSC has a very slim chance of winning. However, if the Covenant, Prometheans and UNSC were to be in a single side, it would be an even fight.
I willnhave to disagree halo will destroy in the air just because there is a lot of mass effect ships does not mean they are powerful enough to even dent the infinity it is based off the god race foreruneners and a railgun or two is not going to swing the course of the war
If you've read the books, then you know just how easily UNSC ships could be turned into piles of molten slag, in fact, in at least two battles, they had repair ships
Repair stations would be a more apt description.
Quote:
run across their firing line just to stop several Covenant weapons from turning the fleet into slag. Besides, there is only one UNSC Infinity, and you do realize that the Infinity lost power and crashed on Requiem on its maiden voyage.
Not because of any fault of her own, though.
OH LOOK A TRIPLEPlease, please, add a multi-quote function next update, 343i web design team?
** People, people **

I vote that we take a pause on this discussion and agree to some parameters or this will go on forever.
Team UNSC

- Since it's them alone they get the the Forerunner tech and pre war fleet sizes.
- UNSC get's access 400 Spartans.
What generation?
Quote:

- All capital ships have Forerunner shields.
Shields matching their tonnage, class, or...
For perspective, according to Catalog, the Infinity and Shadow of Intent are destroyer-class vessels by Forerunner standards. Now, whether or not this is going by tonnage, armament, or some other undefined parameters is up in the air...
Quote:
And all ships including drop ships such as those in Kilo-V have access to forerunner slip-space drives.
So, all D79-TC Pelicans have slipspace drives. Well, there's a definite strategic movement advantage here. And with how calm slipspace would be, reconciliation wouldn't be much of an issue either, allowing for downright hilarious transit times.
Quote:
- The UNSC by default use normal kinetic weapons but also do have the option to plasma weapons.

The UNSC gets 10 carrier class vessels
How many of each?
Quote:
including the Punic-class which is 3 kilometers long
Four kilometers in length, actually. And eight hundred meters in height..
Quote:
And the Epoch-class which is 2 kilometers long.
2.563 kilometers in length.
Quote:
- 4 Autumn-class heavy cruisers
- 8 Marathon-class heavy cruisters
- 31 Destroy class vessels. (about 500 meters)
Destroyers, not 'destroy-class'. Only class we really know anything about is the Halberd-class DD, which clocks in at 485m in length. (And a tonnage of 7800 long tons, which is insanely light for its size - for example, WWII heavy cruisers punched well into the 10K ton range despite being significantly smaller in comparison.)
Quote:
- And the Infinity as their flagship. (5.6 Kilometers)
I'm going to hope that this is only for INF-101's local task group, and not the entire list of UNSC naval assets allowed in this debate... because this ain't enough.
Quote:
----------------------------------------

All other ships on both sides such as the UNSC Frigates or System Alliance Normandy will be counted as support craft.
UNSC destroyers should count as support craft too, under these terms.[/quote]
SCM74862 wrote:
ChasCT2 wrote:
ChasCT2 wrote:
ChasCT2 wrote:
ChasCT2 wrote:
The UNSC beats the fleet of all species of Mass Effect because the technological supremacy always beats the numerical superiority , this without the reapers , because otherwise it would be a much tougher fight for CST but however, the results would be no different , except for the fact that there would be more losses for the UNSC fleet. Sorry for my bad English ' XD
And dont forget they have the sparten too like they would win every ground battle with blueteam
While, yes, spartens are a formidable force, the rest of UNSC's ground forces more closely resemble the United States, not a space-faring galatic empire. ME ground forces, however, have kinetic barriers (making bullets useless), biotics, and weapons that actually look more sci-fi than 21st century.
There would have to be multiple spartens on the ground for the UNSC just to have a fighting chance. And even then, my money's on Mass Effect. Heck, I'd even give Conrad Verner a 50/50 shot to take down the Master Chief. (A bit of an exaggeration, but you get the point.)
If the Council loses, it won't be on the ground.
The covenant was taken out by master chief i doubt mass effect could stop them. And mass effect has better armor but bullets are not useless they can still hiit things. Spartens would win the war for halo just like when halo foight the other aliens the covenant
Kinetic barriers deflect rapidly moving projectiles. So yes, the UNSC's bullet-based weaponry would have a considerably difficult time hitting the Council's ground troops, actually.
The Chief and his spartens, as I mentioned earlier, are a formidable fighting force. However, there are only so many of them, and the war with the Covenant showed that spartens are far from immortal. Run into a group of biotics and even Blue Team would be thrown around like rag dolls. (Kinda like how the Didact man-handled the Chief in H4.)
Also, MC didn't single-handedly defeat the Covenant. Isn't that right, Arby?
Bullets are useless but what about plasma from Covenant weapons?
Relatively useless since they use ablative armor that can remain partially intact after falling from orbit.
You are mixing the two up halo the chief fell from space not mass effect i remember watching it when i was playing halo 3. And its called melnor armor not abative whatever that means
No I'm not, I'm talking about Shepard falling from orbit in ME 2 after he died from a lack of oxygen.
And ablative armor is armor designed to disperse energy (NASA uses it on their to shuttles) unlike the UNSC Marine's/ODST's armor. Said armor works by boiling itself when hit by energy weapons like lasers, plasma, particle, and other DEWs to disperse the weapon, significantly weakening them.
Oh sorry i was confused by what you mean by falling orbit but i do nt agree with marine armors being weak in halo 3odst i took plasma shots and even a rocket shot near me and my odst armor was so good i survived in mass effect someone can punch you no protection
I never said that it was weak, only that it's less effective against Covenant plasma weaponry on the account of it being Ablative. Additionally all ME soldiers have Kinetic Barriers which grants them a massive survivability edge over Marines as it is a rechargeable shield that will block the most deadly part of the plasma.
And that's gameplay. If a 102mm HEAT rocket hit near you, three things would happen to you. You die via being ripped to shreds by shrapnel, have your organs turned into mush by the shockwave, or die from the explosion. Don't try bringing gameplay into this, if you do, then ME humans can tank nukes, black holes, and rockets to the face.
As for the punching thing, Kinetic Barriers don't block punches on the account of them being set to block objects moving above a certain threshold in speed. Said threshold can be modified by the user simply by changing it with their Omni Tool.
Halo 3, Sierra 117. MC can fully submerge himself in water and not drown. Huh.
Quote:
You mean the same dudes who use infantry squares, The Flood, aka the same tactics we stop using before the American Revolution?
Do you not remember the part about Maj. Silva's troops subsequent surprise about being issued such archaic orders (but following them nonetheless, because Silva's still their bloody CO)?
Any mission in Halo Reach, all Spartan IIIs who submerge themselves find themselves drowning instantly despite wearing the same armor, huh. Hooray for consistency Bungie! -.-

Yes but you prefer them charging across open ground against an entrenched enemy that knows they're coming and into enemy artillery and air support which the best of the UNSC on Reach thought was a good idea? Their best and brightest being so dumb and inaccurate that they can't hit a multi hundred meter tall object right next to them? Or said best and brightest thinking that, "Hi, let's send this massive -Yoink- vehicle deep into enemy territory with our second in command on it and do so without sending any recon what so ever to tell us what's there!" ?

Or some of their notable commanders thinking that "Hi, this dude is about wipe out all life in the galaxy, I'm going to try ramming him with my ship instead of using this super nice 70mm chaingun I have to kill him or wreck the control panel so he can't and get myself kill!" and "Hi, there's a parasitic swarm of aliens that are a galatic threat right outside, let's give them our ship to spread out across the entire galaxy and kill everyone just so we can get a key!" ?
ChasCT2 wrote:
SCM74862 wrote:
ChasCT2 wrote:
ChasCT2 wrote:
ChasCT2 wrote:
ChasCT2 wrote:
The UNSC beats the fleet of all species of Mass Effect because the technological supremacy always beats the numerical superiority , this without the reapers , because otherwise it would be a much tougher fight for CST but however, the results would be no different , except for the fact that there would be more losses for the UNSC fleet. Sorry for my bad English ' XD
And dont forget they have the sparten too like they would win every ground battle with blueteam
While, yes, spartens are a formidable force, the rest of UNSC's ground forces more closely resemble the United States, not a space-faring galatic empire. ME ground forces, however, have kinetic barriers (making bullets useless), biotics, and weapons that actually look more sci-fi than 21st century.
There would have to be multiple spartens on the ground for the UNSC just to have a fighting chance. And even then, my money's on Mass Effect. Heck, I'd even give Conrad Verner a 50/50 shot to take down the Master Chief. (A bit of an exaggeration, but you get the point.)
If the Council loses, it won't be on the ground.
The covenant was taken out by master chief i doubt mass effect could stop them. And mass effect has better armor but bullets are not useless they can still hiit things. Spartens would win the war for halo just like when halo foight the other aliens the covenant
Kinetic barriers deflect rapidly moving projectiles. So yes, the UNSC's bullet-based weaponry would have a considerably difficult time hitting the Council's ground troops, actually.
The Chief and his spartens, as I mentioned earlier, are a formidable fighting force. However, there are only so many of them, and the war with the Covenant showed that spartens are far from immortal. Run into a group of biotics and even Blue Team would be thrown around like rag dolls. (Kinda like how the Didact man-handled the Chief in H4.)
Also, MC didn't single-handedly defeat the Covenant. Isn't that right, Arby?
Bullets are useless but what about plasma from Covenant weapons?
Relatively useless since they use ablative armor that can remain partially intact after falling from orbit.
You are mixing the two up halo the chief fell from space not mass effect i remember watching it when i was playing halo 3. And its called melnor armor not abative whatever that means
No I'm not, I'm talking about Shepard falling from orbit in ME 2 after he died from a lack of oxygen.
And ablative armor is armor designed to disperse energy (NASA uses it on their to shuttles) unlike the UNSC Marine's/ODST's armor. Said armor works by boiling itself when hit by energy weapons like lasers, plasma, particle, and other DEWs to disperse the weapon, significantly weakening them.
Oh sorry i was confused by what you mean by falling orbit but i do nt agree with marine armors being weak in halo 3odst i took plasma shots and even a rocket shot near me and my odst armor was so good i survived in mass effect someone can punch you no protection
I never said that it was weak, only that it's less effective against Covenant plasma weaponry on the account of it being Ablative. Additionally all ME soldiers have Kinetic Barriers which grants them a massive survivability edge over Marines as it is a rechargeable shield that will block the most deadly part of the plasma.
And that's gameplay. If a 102mm HEAT rocket hit near you, three things would happen to you. You die via being ripped to shreds by shrapnel, have your organs turned into mush by the shockwave, or die from the explosion. Don't try bringing gameplay into this, if you do, then ME humans can tank nukes, black holes, and rockets to the face.
As for the punching thing, Kinetic Barriers don't block punches on the account of them being set to block objects moving above a certain threshold in speed. Said threshold can be modified by the user simply by changing it with their Omni Tool.
Halo 3, Sierra 117. MC can fully submerge himself in water and not drown. Huh.
Quote:
You mean the same dudes who use infantry squares, The Flood, aka the same tactics we stop using before the American Revolution?
Do you not remember the part about Maj. Silva's troops subsequent surprise about being issued such archaic orders (but following them nonetheless, because Silva's still their bloody CO)?
Any mission in Halo Reach, all Spartan IIIs who submerge themselves find themselves drowning instantly despite wearing the same armor, huh. Hooray for consistency Bungie! -.-
Long Night of Solace, YSS-1000 Sabre launch facility approach. Once again, one can submerge completely (head into the lake on the left side of the approach path, also is useful for capturing the Wraith SPA that gets dropped off).
Quote:
Yes but you prefer them charging across open ground against an entrenched enemy that knows they're coming and into enemy artillery and air support which the best of the UNSC on Reach thought was a good idea?
Covenant heavy anti-naval artillery emplacements in the area prevented them from bringing in their standard fire support (eg. frigates). The entire AO was dark to their sensors due to Covenant jamming - prior to the Covies' stealth pylon being destroyed, that is. What else could they have done but to close the gap as fast as possible before they got plastered by the fortified Covie artillery?
Though I admit, Kat did FUBAR things completely by withdrawing their recce groups before the strike.
Quote:
Their best and brightest being so dumb and inaccurate that they can't hit a multi hundred meter tall object right next to them?
???
Quote:
Or said best and brightest thinking that, "Hi, let's send this massive -Yoink- vehicle deep into enemy territory with our second in command on it and do so without sending any recon what so ever to tell us what's there!" ?
Captain Andrew Del Rio is a idiot--Yoink- of massive proportions, news at 11. Hell, ONI considered him a placeholder for a captain, a manager rather than a leader. This became most evident when he could not handle the pressure of combat when INF-101 ran into a problem it could not bulldoze over (eg. the initial Requiem Campaign).

Quote:
Or some of their notable commanders thinking that "Hi, this dude is about wipe out all life in the galaxy, I'm going to try ramming him with my ship instead of using this super nice 70mm chaingun I have to kill him or wreck the control panel so he can't and get myself kill!"
For all O-5 Keyes knew, Truth had already hit the damned button and the Array was already beginning its charging sequence. Potentially damaging the Array control panel in that situation would not be a good idea.
Quote:
and "Hi, there's a parasitic swarm of aliens that are a galatic threat right outside, let's give them our ship to spread out across the entire galaxy and kill everyone just so we can get a key!" ?
OTOH, FFG-142 might have been brought in close for direct fire support for UNSC forces/grid square removal service.
Quote:
Long Night of Solace, YSS-1000 Sabre launch facility approach. Once again, one can submerge completely (head into the lake on the left side of the approach path, also is useful for capturing the Wraith SPA that gets dropped off).
I'm so trying this next time I play reach. sounds fun
SCM74862 wrote:
ChasCT2 wrote:
SCM74862 wrote:
ChasCT2 wrote:
ChasCT2 wrote:
ChasCT2 wrote:
ChasCT2 wrote:
The UNSC beats the fleet of all species of Mass Effect because the technological supremacy always beats the numerical superiority , this without the reapers , because otherwise it would be a much tougher fight for CST but however, the results would be no different , except for the fact that there would be more losses for the UNSC fleet. Sorry for my bad English ' XD
And dont forget they have the sparten too like they would win every ground battle with blueteam
While, yes, spartens are a formidable force, the rest of UNSC's ground forces more closely resemble the United States, not a space-faring galatic empire. ME ground forces, however, have kinetic barriers (making bullets useless), biotics, and weapons that actually look more sci-fi than 21st century.
There would have to be multiple spartens on the ground for the UNSC just to have a fighting chance. And even then, my money's on Mass Effect. Heck, I'd even give Conrad Verner a 50/50 shot to take down the Master Chief. (A bit of an exaggeration, but you get the point.)
If the Council loses, it won't be on the ground.
The covenant was taken out by master chief i doubt mass effect could stop them. And mass effect has better armor but bullets are not useless they can still hiit things. Spartens would win the war for halo just like when halo foight the other aliens the covenant
Kinetic barriers deflect rapidly moving projectiles. So yes, the UNSC's bullet-based weaponry would have a considerably difficult time hitting the Council's ground troops, actually.
The Chief and his spartens, as I mentioned earlier, are a formidable fighting force. However, there are only so many of them, and the war with the Covenant showed that spartens are far from immortal. Run into a group of biotics and even Blue Team would be thrown around like rag dolls. (Kinda like how the Didact man-handled the Chief in H4.)
Also, MC didn't single-handedly defeat the Covenant. Isn't that right, Arby?
Bullets are useless but what about plasma from Covenant weapons?
Relatively useless since they use ablative armor that can remain partially intact after falling from orbit.
You are mixing the two up halo the chief fell from space not mass effect i remember watching it when i was playing halo 3. And its called melnor armor not abative whatever that means
No I'm not, I'm talking about Shepard falling from orbit in ME 2 after he died from a lack of oxygen.
And ablative armor is armor designed to disperse energy (NASA uses it on their to shuttles) unlike the UNSC Marine's/ODST's armor. Said armor works by boiling itself when hit by energy weapons like lasers, plasma, particle, and other DEWs to disperse the weapon, significantly weakening them.
Oh sorry i was confused by what you mean by falling orbit but i do nt agree with marine armors being weak in halo 3odst i took plasma shots and even a rocket shot near me and my odst armor was so good i survived in mass effect someone can punch you no protection
I never said that it was weak, only that it's less effective against Covenant plasma weaponry on the account of it being Ablative. Additionally all ME soldiers have Kinetic Barriers which grants them a massive survivability edge over Marines as it is a rechargeable shield that will block the most deadly part of the plasma.
And that's gameplay. If a 102mm HEAT rocket hit near you, three things would happen to you. You die via being ripped to shreds by shrapnel, have your organs turned into mush by the shockwave, or die from the explosion. Don't try bringing gameplay into this, if you do, then ME humans can tank nukes, black holes, and rockets to the face.
As for the punching thing, Kinetic Barriers don't block punches on the account of them being set to block objects moving above a certain threshold in speed. Said threshold can be modified by the user simply by changing it with their Omni Tool.
Long Night of Solace, YSS-1000 Sabre launch facility approach. Once again, one can submerge completely (head into the lake on the left side of the approach path, also is useful for capturing the Wraith SPA that gets dropped off).
Quote:
Covenant heavy anti-naval artillery emplacements in the area prevented them from bringing in their standard fire support (eg. frigates). The entire AO was dark to their sensors due to Covenant jamming - prior to the Covies' stealth pylon being destroyed, that is. What else could they have done but to close the gap as fast as possible before they got plastered by the fortified Covie artillery?
Though I admit, Kat did FUBAR things completely by withdrawing their recce groups before the strike.
Quote:
???
Quote:
Captain Andrew Del Rio is a idiot--Yoink- of massive proportions, news at 11. Hell, ONI considered him a placeholder for a captain, a manager rather than a leader. This became most evident when he could not handle the pressure of combat when INF-101 ran into a problem it could not bulldoze over (eg. the initial Requiem Campaign).

Quote:
For all O-5 Keyes knew, Truth had already hit the damned button and the Array was already beginning its charging sequence. Potentially damaging the Array control panel in that situation would not be a good idea.
Quote:
OTOH, FFG-142 might have been brought in close for direct fire support for UNSC forces/grid square removal service.
I just want to go on record and say that I hate this horribly outdated quote system compared to the more modern ones.

They finally changed it to where you wouldn't drown? That would have been nice when I did my solo Legendary run. Seriously, screw the Elites in that game on Legendary though thankfully they're not as bad as Halo 2's.

Hmm, let's see, bomb them with the artillery they had or missiles that we know the Covies' AA fire will miss given how they can't hit a single sub sonic missile flying in a straight line towards them (Spartan Ops). 


Halo 4, Reclaimer

Quick question, did he use political influence to get the job or did someone else do it for him then?

Or she could have checked the energy readings to see if the Citadel was powering up and then saw that it wasn't, meaning she could have proceeded to shoot Truth or the Console and not get herself killed and leave the remaining UNSC forces on the Lesser Ark leaderless.


No they left the ship hanging in the air near the Flood. The fact that it doesn't provide fire support to the Marines getting overwhelmed by Flood (radio chatter during the mission) or fired a single round at Tarartus when he attempted to end Miranda's life at all tells us that it clearly wasn't providing support and was, for all extent and purposes, completely abandoned in their mad dash towards the Index. Unless you're willingly to admit that UNSC forces are so stupid they lack the common sense to call in fire support when their lives are in direct danger that is.
ChasCT2 wrote:
I just want to go on record and say that I hate this horribly outdated quote system compared to the more modern ones.
No kiddin'. And this is Microsoft - they should be able to come up with better forum architecture than THIS.
Quote:
They finally changed it to where you wouldn't drown? That would have been nice when I did my solo Legendary run. Seriously, screw the Elites in that game on Legendary though thankfully they're not as bad as Halo 2's.
Run out far enough and you'll enter that dumb 10 second softkill zone (SERIOUSLY WHY), but yeah.
Oh, yeah, there's also Halo 1, where the Chief is submerged completely in Covenant reactor coolant (twice!) and doesn't drown.
Quote:
Hmm, let's see, bomb them with the artillery they had
Entire area's a dark zone, remember? They don't know Covenant positions.
Alternatively, they could have done that offscreen before the armored cav charge (and I expect HGC is going to retcon that into having happened).
Quote:
or missiles that we know the Covies' AA fire will miss given how they can't hit a single sub sonic missile flying in a straight line towards them (Spartan Ops). 

Given how the UNSC were wary about bringing fast-movers like Longswords into Viery local prior to the destruction of the first Tyrant AAA battery...

Quote:
Halo 4, Reclaimer


Quick question, did he use political influence to get the job or did someone else do it for him then?
Hell if I know, I don't have a copy of The Thursday War to check. Halopedia implies he only got the job because CINCONI saw potential in his XO, Thomas Lasky, to be a potentially beneficial asset for the Office of Naval Intelligence.
Quote:
Or she could have checked the energy readings to see if the Citadel was powering up and then saw that it wasn't, meaning she could have proceeded to shoot Truth or the Console and not get herself killed and leave the remaining UNSC forces on the Lesser Ark leaderless.

Meanwhile, systems all over the Ark are powering up, churning out Sentinels and other countermeasures to hit the Flood infestation now on Installation 00's surface.

Though I would state, for the record, CMDR Keyes' judgement might have been impaired by personal feelings towards SGM Johnson.
Quote:
No they left the ship hanging in the air near the Flood. The fact that it doesn't provide fire support to the Marines getting overwhelmed by Flood (radio chatter during the mission)
Every UNSC position that had radioed in during Sacred Icon was inside the Sentinel Wall, and therefore unable to get fire support from the frigate. During Quarantine Zone, we don't hear any UNSC chatter (most likely having switched to a secure channel).
Quote:
or fired a single round at Tarartus when he attempted to end Miranda's life at all
And they were in the Library structure proper by that time, out of view of the frigate... though you have a point when it comes to the initial gondola approach, as a barrage from FFG-142's 50mm PD emplacements would thoroughly ruin the Covenant assault group's existence.
Quote:
tells us that it clearly wasn't providing support and was, for all extent and purposes, completely abandoned in their mad dash towards the Index.
Quote:
Unless you're willingly to admit that UNSC forces are so stupid they lack the common sense to call in fire support when their lives are in direct danger that is.
[/quote]We see that this is not the case throughout the various games and novels - whenever fire support is available, that is. It just so happens that most of the time, UNSC fire support takes the form of their naval assets, which are some of the first things knocked down or shut out by the Covenant.
SCM74862 wrote:
ChasCT2 wrote:
I just want to go on record and say that I hate this horribly outdated quote system compared to the more modern ones.
No kiddin'. And this is Microsoft - they should be able to come up with better forum architecture than THIS.
Quote:
They finally changed it to where you wouldn't drown? That would have been nice when I did my solo Legendary run. Seriously, screw the Elites in that game on Legendary though thankfully they're not as bad as Halo 2's.
Run out far enough and you'll enter that dumb 10 second softkill zone (SERIOUSLY WHY), but yeah.
Oh, yeah, there's also Halo 1, where the Chief is submerged completely in Covenant reactor coolant (twice!) and doesn't drown.
Quote:
Hmm, let's see, bomb them with the artillery they had
Entire area's a dark zone, remember? They don't know Covenant positions.
Alternatively, they could have done that offscreen before the armored cav charge (and I expect HGC is going to retcon that into having happened).
Quote:
or missiles that we know the Covies' AA fire will miss given how they can't hit a single sub sonic missile flying in a straight line towards them (Spartan Ops). 

Given how the UNSC were wary about bringing fast-movers like Longswords into Viery local prior to the destruction of the first Tyrant AAA battery...


Quote:
Halo 4, Reclaimer

Quick question, did he use political influence to get the job or did someone else do it for him then?
Hell if I know, I don't have a copy of The Thursday War to check. Halopedia implies he only got the job because CINCONI saw potential in his XO, Thomas Lasky, to be a potentially beneficial asset for the Office of Naval Intelligence.
Quote:
Or she could have checked the energy readings to see if the Citadel was powering up and then saw that it wasn't, meaning she could have proceeded to shoot Truth or the Console and not get herself killed and leave the remaining UNSC forces on the Lesser Ark leaderless.

Meanwhile, systems all over the Ark are powering up, churning out Sentinels and other countermeasures to hit the Flood infestation now on Installation 00's surface.

Though I would state, for the record, CMDR Keyes' judgement might have been impaired by personal feelings towards SGM Johnson.
Quote:
No they left the ship hanging in the air near the Flood. The fact that it doesn't provide fire support to the Marines getting overwhelmed by Flood (radio chatter during the mission)
Every UNSC position that had radioed in during Sacred Icon was inside the Sentinel Wall, and therefore unable to get fire support from the frigate. During Quarantine Zone, we don't hear any UNSC chatter (most likely having switched to a secure channel).
Quote:
or fired a single round at Tarartus when he attempted to end Miranda's life at all
And they were in the Library structure proper by that time, out of view of the frigate... though you have a point when it comes to the initial gondola approach, as a barrage from FFG-142's 50mm PD emplacements would thoroughly ruin the Covenant assault group's existence.
Quote:
tells us that it clearly wasn't providing support and was, for all extent and purposes, completely abandoned in their mad dash towards the Index.
Quote:
Unless you're willingly to admit that UNSC forces are so stupid they lack the common sense to call in fire support when their lives are in direct danger that is.
We see that this is not the case throughout the various games and novels - whenever fire support is available, that is. It just so happens that most of the time, UNSC fire support takes the form of their naval assets, which are some of the first things knocked down or shut out by the Covenant.[/quote]

Yeah, they're the big computer company and yet they still run this! WHY?!?!?!?As for the rest, I'm going to have to concede, my grandfather was just taken to the hospital because he was throwing up blood and I need to go check up on him.
ChasCT2 wrote:
SCM74862 wrote:
ChasCT2 wrote:
I just want to go on record and say that I hate this horribly outdated quote system compared to the more modern ones.
No kiddin'. And this is Microsoft - they should be able to come up with better forum architecture than THIS.
Quote:
They finally changed it to where you wouldn't drown? That would have been nice when I did my solo Legendary run. Seriously, screw the Elites in that game on Legendary though thankfully they're not as bad as Halo 2's.
Run out far enough and you'll enter that dumb 10 second softkill zone (SERIOUSLY WHY), but yeah.
Oh, yeah, there's also Halo 1, where the Chief is submerged completely in Covenant reactor coolant (twice!) and doesn't drown.
Quote:
Hmm, let's see, bomb them with the artillery they had
Entire area's a dark zone, remember? They don't know Covenant positions.
Alternatively, they could have done that offscreen before the armored cav charge (and I expect HGC is going to retcon that into having happened).
Quote:
or missiles that we know the Covies' AA fire will miss given how they can't hit a single sub sonic missile flying in a straight line towards them (Spartan Ops). 

Given how the UNSC were wary about bringing fast-movers like Longswords into Viery local prior to the destruction of the first Tyrant AAA battery...


Quote:
Halo 4, Reclaimer

Quick question, did he use political influence to get the job or did someone else do it for him then?
Hell if I know, I don't have a copy of The Thursday War to check. Halopedia implies he only got the job because CINCONI saw potential in his XO, Thomas Lasky, to be a potentially beneficial asset for the Office of Naval Intelligence.
Quote:
Or she could have checked the energy readings to see if the Citadel was powering up and then saw that it wasn't, meaning she could have proceeded to shoot Truth or the Console and not get herself killed and leave the remaining UNSC forces on the Lesser Ark leaderless.

Meanwhile, systems all over the Ark are powering up, churning out Sentinels and other countermeasures to hit the Flood infestation now on Installation 00's surface.

Though I would state, for the record, CMDR Keyes' judgement might have been impaired by personal feelings towards SGM Johnson.
Quote:
No they left the ship hanging in the air near the Flood. The fact that it doesn't provide fire support to the Marines getting overwhelmed by Flood (radio chatter during the mission)
Every UNSC position that had radioed in during Sacred Icon was inside the Sentinel Wall, and therefore unable to get fire support from the frigate. During Quarantine Zone, we don't hear any UNSC chatter (most likely having switched to a secure channel).
Quote:
or fired a single round at Tarartus when he attempted to end Miranda's life at all
And they were in the Library structure proper by that time, out of view of the frigate... though you have a point when it comes to the initial gondola approach, as a barrage from FFG-142's 50mm PD emplacements would thoroughly ruin the Covenant assault group's existence.
Quote:
tells us that it clearly wasn't providing support and was, for all extent and purposes, completely abandoned in their mad dash towards the Index.
Quote:
Unless you're willingly to admit that UNSC forces are so stupid they lack the common sense to call in fire support when their lives are in direct danger that is.
We see that this is not the case throughout the various games and novels - whenever fire support is available, that is. It just so happens that most of the time, UNSC fire support takes the form of their naval assets, which are some of the first things knocked down or shut out by the Covenant.

Yeah, they're the big computer company and yet they still run this! WHY?!?!?!?As for the rest, I'm going to have to concede, my grandfather was just taken to the hospital because he was throwing up blood and I need to go check up on him.[/quote]Lowest bidder, per-
...
...Christ.
I shall pray for him, then. Hope he'll be okay. Yikes.
Drof97 wrote:
Wait, people here actually think that the UNSC, a space faring empire complied of only 39 billion individuals and 800 colonies in its prime could tangle with several Space Faring empires with, in many areas, superior technology from ships (which actually have shields) to infantry technology and weaponry, who number in the trillions and possess thousands of worlds, and win?

Pre-War/During War UNSC would lose due to incredibly inferior technology, much smaller dominion, far smaller population, etc. etc.
Post-War UNSC would lose given the shear small size that it is, given how less than 10 billion humans are part of the UNSC and how most of their infrastructure was reduced to nothing and only have a couple of useful ships. Technology wise the UNSC may be comparable, maybe even superior, however the Mass Effect races are far, far larger as an entity. That the quality of the UNSC's ships are simply negliable.

However, assuming this is pre-war numbers and post war tech, thins are not nearly as one sided as the previously mentioned cases, however again, they are still incredibly small compared to any of the Mass Effect races (with exceptions like the Drell and System's Alliance).
WRONG. Even Pre- and During- war UNSC, they would still win against Citadel and Human forces. Technology is WAYYYYYY better in halo with the exception of ground forces, which believe it or not would be more equal than most people think. 26th century halo vs. 22nd century Mass Effect? Come on, be realistic...Halo Wins. Try Halo vs. Star Trek or something
ui876will wrote:
Alright,I saw that people closed the "Halo vs Mass Effect" thread,so I'm opening this new one.
Can the UNSC with it's full might defeat all races from the Mass Effect Universe (except the Reapers)?
It's sad once you realize that I've been stockpiling my previous posts on this subject from SB. Since you agree with everything said by Tractor16v2, and there's other folks who hold the misguided notion of humanity standing any chance against the Citadel Council... let's talk about it. This is only meant to provide a brief, hasty assessment over each civilization's respective abilities.

Superior firepower? Because biggatons has always been the decisive factor behind any successful war, am I right?

Superior logistics/industrial capabilities? Lets do some basic economics - you've got a Pre-War humanity that has 800 colonies of varying strengths, populations and exporting industries, bringing in an estimated 39 billion people (Dr Halsey's journal). Then you have a Post-War humanity numbering dozens of colonies (some isolated, some populated - Earth is still the biggest cheese) and an estimated thirteen billion total as of circa 2553 (Palace Hotel/Halo: Encyclopedia).

In comparison, you have a CC with a population demographic that is repeatedly mentioned as "being in the trillions" and covering "roughly 1% of the galaxy".

To recap... you are comparing 13 - 39 billion people and 60 - 800 colonies to trillions of people (it does include dozens of species) who encompass 500 million (0.5%) - 2 billion systems (1%).Pre-War transportation and communication was sluggish, due to limits in light-travel and FTL velocities - Harvest was the breadbasket for the entire UEG (and entirely supplied the Inner Colonies with the sustenance necessary to continue expanding at the rate they were) and its been acknowledged that there were riots during the Insurrection that were caused by a lack of food and needed supplies in certain regions of space (It wasn't just limited to conflicts of differing ideology)... as Halo: Evolutions made it clear - it was incredibly difficult to maintain control over colonies due to many unfortunate restrictions that understandably come with long-range distances. The UNSC also had obvious limits to what they could supply or not, with organizations like the CMA undergoing budget cuts and supply issues as time progressed (like in the real world... there is only just enough money and resources to go around) - I'm referring to the period of time before Operation: VERITAS.

Lets take a quick look at the UNSC's War economy (the period of time that encompasses First Contact to the Battle of Earth): I would also like to point out the greatest changes came in the form of reactor efficiency (2525 fusion reactors only have a tenth of the power output of their end-war counterparts, good stuff!), augmentation technology, and communications; all of which would see common use towards the end. I remember that Halo: Fleet Battles mentioned that entire fleets were also being produced in the beginning, just as fast as they were being destroyed - in Halo: Evolutions, there were bank reserves full of gold that could help the war effort (meaning the economy was still rolling!). Thats impressive for sure, definitely a testament to their industrial capabilities at the beginning of any large conflict...

But the Post-War scenario is entirely different. You have to realize that the loss of two-thirds of your population and seven hundred worlds is really gonna mess up your economy, even the most optimistic projections (read: propaganda) wouldn't be able to hide that kind of problem. You're no longer funding those big endeavors like you did thirty years ago, monetary matters will monitored at all times by A.Is and economic savants – with the hopes that no random factor will jump into the equation and suddenly disrupt the very delicate foundation that you stand on.

And with the SPARTAN branch and UNSC Infinity consuming resources like nothing else... you're gonna see an appropriate change to the way you conduct Force Projection operations (You can see this reflected on by the expansion of the SPARTAN program, ONI's greater influence, and the Strident-class Frigate's status as the backbone of the entire Navy) that will reflect on the nature of your economic state. So while the UNSC has the capability to effectively function in the Post-War galaxy, they can only operate in a limited capacity in their immediate sphere of influence - technological progression not withstanding. Waging another conflict against any powerful galactic polity for any period of time would reasonably destroy human society (see: Halo 5 - Rise of the Evil A.I).

So essentially - compromise between power by quantity (Pre-War)... or power by quality (Post-War). Both have drawbacks.Meanwhile, on the other end, individual polities (asari, turian, salarian, geth, quarians, ME humans, etc) in the same universe could maintain thousands of warships each when a cataclysmic force like the Reapers showed up. Not logistical craft... but dedicated warships like we see throughout the games and books. This goes without saying, the entire CC were managing an incredibly monumental movement (and investigations/ minor conflicts - see: Task Force Aurora) spanning all sections of space... despite numerous races (Turians, Humans, Batarians) losing their home systems in the initial attack.

Within the six months that Shepard was locked up - the entire galaxy was retrofitting their ships with cutting-edge technology (Thanix Cannons, CBTs, silaris armor, ultraviolet-GARDIAN columns, stealth tech [some ships even had the means of travelling to Andromeda!]). Hell, some guy in this thread mentioned earlier that Citadel Council have no form of planetary/orbital defenses - except that only one year prior to the invasion by Reapers, it was confirmed that cities to entire colonies had already incorporated kinetic barriers to protect themselves from Kinetic Kill Vehicles. Then you have all kinds of planetary defenses that were being handed out in ME2 to distant colonies in the Terminus Systems. The scale of their economy, is stupidly great - even before the events of ME1, you had asari and human venture capitalists funding Femitrons half the size of Halos!

To summarize - The UNSC at their greatest, would represent only a fraction of a single Citadel Race's GDP.Superior A.I technology? So you must have made an comparative analysis between each respective universe's virtual polymorphic agents - their ability to process knowledge, analyze, reason, learn - overall capabilities (including the evaluation of info-warfare techniques) since you agree with his usage of "superior".

Humor me, how did you come to this conclusion - when one of the ME races (two actually) is a literal race of A.Is?Superior shielding? You also agree with this? Feel free to quantify that - how effective are the shields of a strident-class frigate against other kinetic projectiles or DEWs in the post-war universe? How about the Pre-War UNSC - who have no shielding whatsoever?

You, like many others, haven't even offered a cursory analysis since your entrance into this debate
One thing here. You're fleet size estimates are not correct it states that each race was limited to how many ships they could have based on a treaty in the ME universe.
ui876will wrote:
Alright,I saw that people closed the "Halo vs Mass Effect" thread,so I'm opening this new one.
Can the UNSC with it's full might defeat all races from the Mass Effect Universe (except the Reapers)?
It's sad once you realize that I've been stockpiling my previous posts on this subject from SB. Since you agree with everything said by Tractor16v2, and there's other folks who hold the misguided notion of humanity standing any chance against the Citadel Council... let's talk about it. This is only meant to provide a brief, hasty assessment over each civilization's respective abilities.

Superior firepower? Because biggatons has always been the decisive factor behind any successful war, am I right?

Superior logistics/industrial capabilities? Lets do some basic economics - you've got a Pre-War humanity that has 800 colonies of varying strengths, populations and exporting industries, bringing in an estimated 39 billion people (Dr Halsey's journal). Then you have a Post-War humanity numbering dozens of colonies (some isolated, some populated - Earth is still the biggest cheese) and an estimated thirteen billion total as of circa 2553 (Palace Hotel/Halo: Encyclopedia).

In comparison, you have a CC with a population demographic that is repeatedly mentioned as "being in the trillions" and covering "roughly 1% of the galaxy".

To recap... you are comparing 13 - 39 billion people and 60 - 800 colonies to trillions of people (it does include dozens of species) who encompass 500 million (0.5%) - 2 billion systems (1%).Pre-War transportation and communication was sluggish, due to limits in light-travel and FTL velocities - Harvest was the breadbasket for the entire UEG (and entirely supplied the Inner Colonies with the sustenance necessary to continue expanding at the rate they were) and its been acknowledged that there were riots during the Insurrection that were caused by a lack of food and needed supplies in certain regions of space (It wasn't just limited to conflicts of differing ideology)... as Halo: Evolutions made it clear - it was incredibly difficult to maintain control over colonies due to many unfortunate restrictions that understandably come with long-range distances. The UNSC also had obvious limits to what they could supply or not, with organizations like the CMA undergoing budget cuts and supply issues as time progressed (like in the real world... there is only just enough money and resources to go around) - I'm referring to the period of time before Operation: VERITAS.

Lets take a quick look at the UNSC's War economy (the period of time that encompasses First Contact to the Battle of Earth): I would also like to point out the greatest changes came in the form of reactor efficiency (2525 fusion reactors only have a tenth of the power output of their end-war counterparts, good stuff!), augmentation technology, and communications; all of which would see common use towards the end. I remember that Halo: Fleet Battles mentioned that entire fleets were also being produced in the beginning, just as fast as they were being destroyed - in Halo: Evolutions, there were bank reserves full of gold that could help the war effort (meaning the economy was still rolling!). Thats impressive for sure, definitely a testament to their industrial capabilities at the beginning of any large conflict...

But the Post-War scenario is entirely different. You have to realize that the loss of two-thirds of your population and seven hundred worlds is really gonna mess up your economy, even the most optimistic projections (read: propaganda) wouldn't be able to hide that kind of problem. You're no longer funding those big endeavors like you did thirty years ago, monetary matters will monitored at all times by A.Is and economic savants – with the hopes that no random factor will jump into the equation and suddenly disrupt the very delicate foundation that you stand on.

And with the SPARTAN branch and UNSC Infinity consuming resources like nothing else... you're gonna see an appropriate change to the way you conduct Force Projection operations (You can see this reflected on by the expansion of the SPARTAN program, ONI's greater influence, and the Strident-class Frigate's status as the backbone of the entire Navy) that will reflect on the nature of your economic state. So while the UNSC has the capability to effectively function in the Post-War galaxy, they can only operate in a limited capacity in their immediate sphere of influence - technological progression not withstanding. Waging another conflict against any powerful galactic polity for any period of time would reasonably destroy human society (see: Halo 5 - Rise of the Evil A.I).

So essentially - compromise between power by quantity (Pre-War)... or power by quality (Post-War). Both have drawbacks.Meanwhile, on the other end, individual polities (asari, turian, salarian, geth, quarians, ME humans, etc) in the same universe could maintain thousands of warships each when a cataclysmic force like the Reapers showed up. Not logistical craft... but dedicated warships like we see throughout the games and books. This goes without saying, the entire CC were managing an incredibly monumental movement (and investigations/ minor conflicts - see: Task Force Aurora) spanning all sections of space... despite numerous races (Turians, Humans, Batarians) losing their home systems in the initial attack.

Within the six months that Shepard was locked up - the entire galaxy was retrofitting their ships with cutting-edge technology (Thanix Cannons, CBTs, silaris armor, ultraviolet-GARDIAN columns, stealth tech [some ships even had the means of travelling to Andromeda!]). Hell, some guy in this thread mentioned earlier that Citadel Council have no form of planetary/orbital defenses - except that only one year prior to the invasion by Reapers, it was confirmed that cities to entire colonies had already incorporated kinetic barriers to protect themselves from Kinetic Kill Vehicles. Then you have all kinds of planetary defenses that were being handed out in ME2 to distant colonies in the Terminus Systems. The scale of their economy, is stupidly great - even before the events of ME1, you had asari and human venture capitalists funding Femitrons half the size of Halos!

To summarize - The UNSC at their greatest, would represent only a fraction of a single Citadel Race's GDP.Superior A.I technology? So you must have made an comparative analysis between each respective universe's virtual polymorphic agents - their ability to process knowledge, analyze, reason, learn - overall capabilities (including the evaluation of info-warfare techniques) since you agree with his usage of "superior".

Humor me, how did you come to this conclusion - when one of the ME races (two actually) is a literal race of A.Is?Superior shielding? You also agree with this? Feel free to quantify that - how effective are the shields of a strident-class frigate against other kinetic projectiles or DEWs in the post-war universe? How about the Pre-War UNSC - who have no shielding whatsoever?

You, like many others, haven't even offered a cursory analysis since your entrance into this debate
One thing here. You're fleet size estimates are not correct it states that each race was limited to how many ships they could have based on a treaty in the ME universe.
Wrong, the Treaty of Farixen only applies to Dreadnoughts allowing the Council races to build as many Cruisers, Frigates, Destroyers, or Corvettes they want.
In the words of an old friend. Tank beats ghost. Tank beats Hunter. Tank beats everything!!!

Now imagine im refering to the Infininty. MASS Effect have no mass compared to the UNSC flagship. She would single handedly take out most of Mass effect. Its like saying what would happen if Halo met the current Star Treak series! Infinity Vs Enterprise...................

Come on guys this should be obvious
No. The UNSC has their Spartans but Mass Effect has Asari. Whats a Spartan going to do against someone who can crush your spine with biotic powers?
The UNSC probably loses, just by sheer numbers. A united ME has a lot more to throw around.
I'm just going to put this here, as a monument to all our sins.

Nah, but seriously, sorry if someone has linked this already. Just found it on YouTube. A good example of how it'd most likely go down:

Link
I think HALO vs MASS EFFECT UNIVERSE is a better title, because if Mass Effect gets the multiple races even with the Reapers added, Halo should get more than just the UNSC.
I'm just going to put this here, as a monument to all our sins.

Nah, but seriously, sorry if someone has linked this already. Just found it on YouTube. A good example of how it'd most likely go down:

Link
That's a CSO though. The UNSC does not currently own a CSO, nor have they ever owned a CSO (though they might be able to lay claim to the Long Night of Solace's wreckage, provided it's still there on Reach and hasn't been either salvaged by the Covenant or glassed by the same (re: asset denial))..
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. 8
  6. ...
  7. 9