Forums / Community / Halo Universe

[Locked] Versus: Sangheili vs Krogan

OP Drof97

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
De4deye121 wrote:
I feel a Krogan's kinetic barrier will only save them from the carbine, given that it fires radioactive projectiles rather than the traditional superheated bolt of plasma, so if the Sangheili were to use his plasma rifle in short controlled bursts and keep out of range of the shotgun then he would likely win. But if it was close quarters the Sangheili would have to rely on quick thinking and active camouflage to get the jump on the Krogan, if not then the Krogan wins hands down.
Haha, what?

All armor in Mass Effect feature dual-layer systems designed to protect against kinetic weaponry...and intense heat. That same ablative ceramic plating utilized on all hardsuits have been proven to protect against things like close range Hi-Ex detonations, and atmospheric-entry... and thats without accounting for the whole plasma having mass issue. The misconception that the "plasma" used by Covenant soldiers is somehow a super-effective weapon against Mass Effect soldiers is false.

I also refute your point of the sangheili winning at range with the following sentence: "so if the krogan were to use his assault rifle in short controlled bursts and keep out of the range of the energy sword then he would likely win".

The whole quick thinking and active camouflage claim is also questionable. Any movements by the sangheili would easily be detectable by the 240-degree arc of vision that krogans have. Considering that their species role in their homeworld is as prey, they will also likely have sharper senses. Hell there are all kinds of factors that can play a role in discovering the position of a cloaked elite: footprints, noise, mines deployed from an omni-tool (as OP has authorized armor functions, which until proven otherwise... includes such tech abilities). Regardless of the circumstance... close range will go in the Krogan's favor as two of his weapons are one-hit kills (Executioner Pistol and Claymore shotgun) and I can guarantee you that he will overpower the sangheili through shear strength. Hell, you could stick that energy sword through the krogan and I can guarantee you he will survive on natural durability alone.

Spoiler:
Show
That would be a good fight, i'm too Sangheili bias to choose fairly though.
Elite for both. Far faster (can't think of any examples of a baseline Human beating an Elite in a one on one slap down knock out fight, yet Humans do it quite a lot to Krogan), far stronger, better reach, more versatile shielding (protects against more than kinetic) and all of its weapons will pretty much ignore the kinetic barriers and easily boil away the armour below.
Humans in the alliance are fairly heavily augmented so that they can match up against the krogan and turians in mass effect also kinetic barriers only activate when a fast moving object is coming at them
Elite for both. Far faster (can't think of any examples of a baseline Human beating an Elite in a one on one slap down knock out fight, yet Humans do it quite a lot to Krogan), far stronger, better reach, more versatile shielding (protects against more than kinetic) and all of its weapons will pretty much ignore the kinetic barriers and easily boil away the armour below.
Humans in the alliance are fairly heavily augmented so that they can match up against the krogan and turians in mass effect also kinetic barriers only activate when a fast moving object is coming at them
They aren't augmented that much. That guy in ME from Noveria didn't mention anything that would make me think a Human would be on par in terms of the legendary strength of a Krogan. Humans in ME aren't much off baseline humans in reality or Halo, their tech plays more of a role than bio-augmentations. Also Turians are about equivalent in strength to Humans. My point still stands Krogan get manhandled by (lol) nigh-on baseline men; I can't recall that for Elites.
Okay...fast or slow moving, those shields won't do much against Covie plasma.
the krogan are pretty ruthless
Please don't revive old topics, thanks
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2