Forums / Community / Halo Universe

What’s the most interesting part of Halo lore?

OP kiwininja332

What do you think is the most interesting part of the Halo Universe lore? The universe is so expansive, and there is plenty of topics to choose from. So pick and let us know!
Stories of Spartan-IIs are my favorite. Anything from their scarred childhood to their latest and greatest accomplishment on the battlefield, it’s all very interesting. Thankfully, the writers keep the Spartans’ exploits grounded in the “Halo reality” that they were once very young kids who had their childhoods stolen and endured incredibly harsh training and augmentations.

Side note, I’m truly enjoying the topics you’ve been posting lately :-) Lots of good discussion to be had about them.
Definateley the spartan twos and ODSTs because spartans do it because they were born to and ODSTs do it because they know there not coming home and do it anyway
the lore behind energy shielding is preety cool also
The Human-Forerunner War. There's so much ancient history that goes directly in to the modern aspects of the Halo universe. From CE to Guardians almost everything can be directly attributed to the ancient war.
I've got several interests. First, the whole Spirit of Fire/Banished/Ark scenario, it a combination of a lot of different elements coming together just to create new questions. Second, I love stuff along the lines of Easter eggs, lore that makes me go back and play the games either with a new perspective or looking for details. Case in point, Hunters in the Dark immediately had me playing Halo 3: The Covenant and sure enough, the book had described in game details I had never noticed before.

Cheers,
Brad
The concept and setting of the Halo array itself (including the Ark) has always been a big draw for me. Being able to see the ring extend upwards and away when you look to the horizon never gets old.
The Insurrection era and leading up to the Battle of Reach. Everything before the Forerunners and Flood and the actual Halos got involved because it is gritty military science fiction at it's best.
tuhin94 wrote:
Stories of Spartan-IIs are my favorite. Anything from their scarred childhood to their latest and greatest accomplishment on the battlefield, it’s all very interesting. Thankfully, the writers keep the Spartans’ exploits grounded in the “Halo reality” that they were once very young kids who had their childhoods stolen and endured incredibly harsh training and augmentations.

Side note, I’m truly enjoying the topics you’ve been posting lately :-) Lots of good discussion to be had about them.
Thanks man. I really appreciate it. This franchise is such a big part of my life and I love to talk about it with those who feel the same way.
Huragok so much potential that I just love in those bags of gas. Such as prone to drift and many more.
I would say the history of the Universe prior to the current Halo Universe(Before the UNSC and stuff). But I really think you can find all of it interesting if you just look deep enough. I was completely enthralled by the Kilo trilogy and all the things that ONI does under raps. Reading about the joint UNSC and Swords of Sanghelios operation to the Ark was extremely interesting as well. The entire Forerunner Trilogy was one of the most interesting things I have ever read in my life.
Honestly, the psuedo-science that makes the framework. It sets a believable but still fantastic setting.
EP1C ZNAIL wrote:
I would say the history of the Universe prior to the current Halo Universe(Before the UNSC and stuff). But I really think you can find all of it interesting if you just look deep enough. I was completely enthralled by the Kilo trilogy and all the things that ONI does under raps. Reading about the joint UNSC and Swords of Sanghelios operation to the Ark was extremely interesting as well. The entire Forerunner Trilogy was one of the most interesting things I have ever read in my life.
I agree with this. I think all of the lore is interesting, but anything regarding the Forerunners captures my interest the most.
The discovery of new planet and new species Alien, a Halo fully centered on the Sanghelis would be a good way to travel in totally unknown land.
Halo of Bungie have a beautiful panorama of the univers and ther games make traveling.
Not Halo 5.
The precursors transformation into the flood
Halsey and the Spartan-II programme, by a mile. Closely followed by the Human-Covenant war. I really want the franchise to develop new directions and stories that are as rich and captivating as these, but it hasn't happened yet.
Anything related to the Covenant and their history.