Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Universe

What books to read first?

OP MonkeyHasGuns99

What are the best Halo books to start with?
What are the best Halo books to start with?
I think the first books are pretty good, really depends on what games your first Halo. Some of the novels flesh out Halo 4 and Halo 5 better.
Halo: The Flood
I have similar question. Played all games in MCC, but I feels i miss many things. Saw all 4 Halo movies. But actually ho many books and comics outer there? And how many of them cannon?
I have similar question. Played all games in MCC, but I feels i miss many things. Saw all 4 Halo movies. But actually ho many books and comics outer there? And how many of them cannon?
This thread has all the answers: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/db05ce78845f4120b062c50816008e5d/topics/halo-story-and-where-to-find-it-v3/c0051ce8-49a3-4ab9-bd73-b77d9e73174a/posts
If you wanna go through all of them, order of release more or less is probably best
I just started a chronological playthrough, and I found that Reach was a really good standalone game to introduce you to the world of Halo.
Unlike some more convoluted sci-fi universes like Warhammer, the Halo Universe has an unequivocal start point for where to dive into the lore. Read the Nylund Trilogy (Fall of Reach, First Strike, Ghosts of Onyx) and then start your journey from there. Next book I'd recommend after those is Contact Harvest.