Forums / Community / Halo Universe

What Branch of the UNSC would you choose?

OP kiwininja332

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
If you were in the year 2558, and you had to pick a UNSC branch to serve under, what would you choose? There’s the Marines, Air Force, Navy, Army, ODST’s, Spartans, ONI and more. And what job would you have under that respective branch or sector?
Spartan, Janitor.
Ideally? Spartan. A scout type with a specialization in unarmed/knife combat.

Realistically, I'd probably be in the Navy as something like a crew chief for a Pelican. It's similar to my current job minus the military aspect.

Brav
If you were in the year 2558, and you had to pick a UNSC branch to serve under, what would you choose? There’s the Marines, Air Force, Navy, Army, ODST’s, Spartans, ONI and more. And what job would you have under that respective branch or sector?
ONI, because I’d want to know all the secrets.
Marine, a rookie who is very lucky and does not really stand out much ... or that the all think
Spartan for sure but 2nd joice odst
Definitely ONI, working for a sketchy organization doing experiments and dealing with Black Ops. What could be better
ODST. At least until enough time passed to see if there were any serious side effects to Spartan-IV augmentations. Being a regular human with incredible training is enough for me until I know for sure that the too-good-to-be-true super soldier enhancements didn't have a massive long-term downside.
ODST.

Spartans have been there and we've done that, but being a standard human dropped in what is basically a metal tomb. The adrenaline rush must be great and I would love to experience that if I actually lived in the Halo Universe. Besides if a marine can kick a recently augmented spartans butt, I'd like my chances as an ODST and being able to rub that in Spartan faces initially would be great as the rivalry between ODST's and Spartans continued as once they put on that expensive armor. I wouldn't stand a chance but my recent... acquisition of a active camo unit and a energy sword will be more than enough to equal the playing field.
Coast Guard, on Earth, because I rather not be glassed.
Uh, I doubt I have the medical and generic qualifications to be a Spartan, so realistically, I'd be a Marine. Maybe become a Helljumper. But NAVY against the Covenant!!! Hell no! I want boots on the ground. If I die, I will have tried my best to live with all my strength. Not be on the ship that gets hit by a single plasma torpedo and explodes immediately while I do nothing because it's in SPACE and we suck compared to them.
Pelican pilot the troops and not get my head blown of Win-WIn
Quote:
you know our motto "We Deliver"
ODST, I want to bring some hell from the skies.
Spartan, Janitor.
Thank you for giving me my laugh for the day.

As for me I would prefer to be an ODST because as much as being a Spartan sounds like the best option for surviving its not that much better considering the trade off of augmentations you have to take.

Being a Hell jumper would be an amazing experience and terrifying at the same time. Being dropped directly into battle not really know everything on the other side of that pod door would have you praying every second that you lived and cherishing every moment you did live.
100% ODST, love those guys
well if you want to get technical, the spartan II's fall under the jurisdiction of the Navy. additionally, the ODSTs would fall under the branch of the marines. other than that, I would say that the choice is a tough one.
Airforce. Would want to command a frigate
Obvy spartan, with reddish armor and duel wielding pistols
Airforce. Would want to command a frigate
I think the Navy oversees the ships.
More than likely I would either end up as a Spartan III, due to the sheer number of destroyed colonies, or as a Marine (which as my luck would have it, I would be captured by Sangheili).
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2