Forums / Community / Halo Universe

What Covenant races are likely to join Cortana?

OP ThreeCaesar5341

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Aside from the Grunts whom already pledged allegiance to her, Which Covenant species are more likely to except Contana’s offer rather than resist her and the Created?
Kig-Yar (jackals) could be an interesting species in this regard. Maybe some will join up because they see the opportunities that come with advanced technology while others will use their pirating abilities to avoid and even raid Cortana's soon-to-be military fleets.

We don't know much about Lekgolo society at large, so they could maybe be a wildcard species that splits loyalties as well.

Yanme'e might be on Cortana's side because all she would have to do is influence the Queen of each hive and the rest would follow suit.

Yonhet are largely unknown or even discussed in canon, but they were given a mention in Cortana's final monologue so I imagine they may play a bigger role as well. Like the Unggoy, they were a fairly marginalized species within the Covenant. Even lower than Unggoy because they were a fringe species, and were not a wholly integrated Covenant species.

Prometheans are self explanatory as a Cortana ally

Spoiler:
Show
For gameplay purposes, all of them.
I think all except the big boys like Sangheili and Jiralhanae.
For gameplay purposes, all of them.
Yeah probably. I'm sure she gets induviduals from all species. Even humans.
-Grunts: I feel they would join based on preassure, (IF Cortana even wants them) Because they are quite cowardly and fanatical.
-Jackals: I personaly believ they would be willing to join Cortana because of their extreme blood lust, meaning they would be willing to join any force that can destroy humanity.
-Elites: I'm a little split on the elites,(SOS), no because I know the Sangheli have an extreme code of honor and they wouldn't be willing to abandon the UNSC. As for the Covie Elites, they also wouldn't be willing to join her because they wouldn't be willing to abandon the Covenant.
-Hunters: I cannot give an opinion because IDK what their habits are in terms of subordinancy.
-Brutes: They would definitly join Cortana because they've been shown in Halo 3 and 4 an extreme habit of following orders from higherups.
-Drones: I cannot give an opinion because IDK what their habits are in terms of subordinancy.
-Skirmishers: I personaly believ they would be willing to join Cortana because of their extreme blood lust, meaning they would be willing to join any force that can destroy humanity.
-Engineers: I believe they would because of their huge love and draw towards advanced technology.
-Grunts: I feel they would join based on preassure, (IF Cortana even wants them) Because they are quite cowardly and fanatical.
-Jackals: I personaly believ they would be willing to join Cortana because of their extreme blood lust, meaning they would be willing to join any force that can destroy humanity.
-Elites: I'm a little split on the elites,(SOS), no because I know the Sangheli have an extreme code of honor and they wouldn't be willing to abandon the UNSC. As for the Covie Elites, they also wouldn't be willing to join her because they wouldn't be willing to abandon the Covenant.
-Hunters: I cannot give an opinion because IDK what their habits are in terms of subordinancy.
-Brutes: They would definitly join Cortana because they've been shown in Halo 3 and 4 an extreme habit of following orders from higherups.
-Drones: I cannot give an opinion because IDK what their habits are in terms of subordinancy.
-Skirmishers: I personaly believ they would be willing to join Cortana because of their extreme blood lust, meaning they would be willing to join any force that can destroy humanity.
-Engineers: I believe they would because of their huge love and draw towards advanced technology.
You say you think the jackals and skirmishers would join because of their ‘blood lust’ against humanity, but why do you think they have a vendetta against humanity? From what we’ve seen, they’re opportunistic and pirate like, and I can’t remember any that have expressed particular hatred of humans.
-Grunts: I feel they would join based on preassure, (IF Cortana even wants them) Because they are quite cowardly and fanatical.
-Jackals: I personaly believ they would be willing to join Cortana because of their extreme blood lust, meaning they would be willing to join any force that can destroy humanity.
-Elites: I'm a little split on the elites,(SOS), no because I know the Sangheli have an extreme code of honor and they wouldn't be willing to abandon the UNSC. As for the Covie Elites, they also wouldn't be willing to join her because they wouldn't be willing to abandon the Covenant.
-Hunters: I cannot give an opinion because IDK what their habits are in terms of subordinancy.
-Brutes: They would definitly join Cortana because they've been shown in Halo 3 and 4 an extreme habit of following orders from higherups.
-Drones: I cannot give an opinion because IDK what their habits are in terms of subordinancy.
-Skirmishers: I personaly believ they would be willing to join Cortana because of their extreme blood lust, meaning they would be willing to join any force that can destroy humanity.
-Engineers: I believe they would because of their huge love and draw towards advanced technology.
You say you think the jackals and skirmishers would join because of their ‘blood lust’ against humanity, but why do you think they have a vendetta against humanity? From what we’ve seen, they’re opportunistic and pirate like, and I can’t remember any that have expressed particular hatred of humans.
You got me on that, But it has been proven that both have extreme bloodlust for whoever their enemies are. Also, I found out that in between Halo 5 and Halo Infinite, the unngoy that was a part of the covenant and neutral actually did join Cortana. although, the grunts on the side of the SOS/UNSC, stay on the side of the SOS/UNSC.
I'm willing to bet that some members of virtually every species except for humans will join Cortanas new Covenant willingly. And all of the organics that join Cortanas army will transcend and either become an AI to control machines, or transition into cyborgs.

Promethean knights and Elite Cyborgs walking side by side on the path towards the great journey.

" Your prophets promised you freedom from a doomed existence, to transcend and in transcendence, to finally know immortality and taste godhood. You eagerly awaited the day that you would walk side by side in union, and together carve a path into the cosmos that will never end in ruin. The prophets made you a promise that ultimately only I can fulfill"

Cortana becomes the new Covenant leader, integrating the best of the Covenant and Promethean forces into a single faction, and then a "new" enemy faction is introduced half way into Infinite.

As to the new enemy faction I would guess that it will either be connected to the abominations that were created when those infected with the Flood were composed and then given a new synthetic body, or a literal nightmare created by Cortana while she is wielding the power of neural physics (Nyx gives birth to Erebus). At any rate the shadow of sundered star may be a catalyst that triggers the emergence of the new antagonists.
juhoxxx wrote:
For gameplay purposes, all of them.
Yeah probably. I'm sure she gets induviduals from all species. Even humans.
I think Halo is weirdly gun shy with killing humans. I would love for it to be in a game, but don't see it happening.
juhoxxx wrote:
For gameplay purposes, all of them.
Yeah probably. I'm sure she gets induviduals from all species. Even humans.
I think Halo is weirdly gun shy with killing humans. I would love for it to be in a game, but don't see it happening.
I think it propably happens in lore but we don't see them in the gameplay.
juhoxxx wrote:
For gameplay purposes, all of them.
Yeah probably. I'm sure she gets induviduals from all species. Even humans.
I think Halo is weirdly gun shy with killing humans. I would love for it to be in a game, but don't see it happening.
I can agree on the gun shy thing. Note we never killed a single non-Flood human onscreen as Thel.
Anyone who still believes in the Great Journey and the reverence of the Forerunners. I think it will be more interesting if we see humans who have decided to side with Cortana
In terms of most of the race joining her like the Grunts? Unsure, probably Kig-Yar though. But I'd say it's likely members of every sentient species (including humanity) have joined her. It is hard to say how many of any of them. But Grunts and Jackals likely with their "survival first" mentalities.
juhoxxx wrote:
For gameplay purposes, all of them.
Yeah probably. I'm sure she gets induviduals from all species. Even humans.
I think Halo is weirdly gun shy with killing humans. I would love for it to be in a game, but don't see it happening.
I can agree on the gun shy thing. Note we never killed a single non-Flood human onscreen as Thel.
Not when intended anyway. There are human NPCS who are only hostile to Thel in Sacred Icon. But they are very difficult to get to as they are scripted to die if you follow the normal route.

I think human enemies could be a good evolution for Halo, though definitely shouldn't be the normal enemies. They missed the opportunity with Reach, maybe they will pick it up here. The only Halo game with normal human enemies is Halo Wars with some of the Rebel settlements.
juhoxxx wrote:
For gameplay purposes, all of them.
Yeah probably. I'm sure she gets induviduals from all species. Even humans.
I think Halo is weirdly gun shy with killing humans. I would love for it to be in a game, but don't see it happening.
I can agree on the gun shy thing. Note we never killed a single non-Flood human onscreen as Thel.
Not when intended anyway. There are human NPCS who are only hostile to Thel in Sacred Icon. But they are very difficult to get to as they are scripted to die if you follow the normal route.

I think human enemies could be a good evolution for Halo, though definitely shouldn't be the normal enemies. They missed the opportunity with Reach, maybe they will pick it up here. The only Halo game with normal human enemies is Halo Wars with some of the Rebel settlements.
You also get to occasionally fight humans in the Awakening the Nightmare DLC.

Yeah there's plenty of human on human violence in the extended universe, but it's always been rare or nonexistent in the games, unless you want to start killing your allies. Would introduce an interesting dynamic. I agree they shouldn't be normal enemies though. A couple rebels with stolen assault rifles would be cannon fodder to an energy shielded giant in Mjolnir armor.
juhoxxx wrote:
juhoxxx wrote:
For gameplay purposes, all of them.
Yeah probably. I'm sure she gets induviduals from all species. Even humans.
I think Halo is weirdly gun shy with killing humans. I would love for it to be in a game, but don't see it happening.
I think it propably happens in lore but we don't see them in the gameplay.
it does all the time in the lore. The games despite almost always being rated M are afraid to do it. Can't tell if its solely for story or to maintain a more friendly image.
juhoxxx wrote:
juhoxxx wrote:
For gameplay purposes, all of them.
Yeah probably. I'm sure she gets induviduals from all species. Even humans.
I think Halo is weirdly gun shy with killing humans. I would love for it to be in a game, but don't see it happening.
I think it propably happens in lore but we don't see them in the gameplay.
it does all the time in the lore. The games despite almost always being rated M are afraid to do it. Can't tell if its solely for story or to maintain a more friendly image.
I think it comes down to the fact that the games have generally focused on humanity's struggle with the rest of the galaxy as opposed to the internal struggles that have plagued humanity since the dawn of civilization (ancient humanity notwithstanding). The insurrection and any other infighting has existed almost entirely within the extended universe, aside from Reach, where Commander Holland thought insurrectionist could have been behind the comms blackout. That was the first time a major title even mentioned the Insurrection, as far as I can recall.
In Bad Blood the grunts had submitted immediately, to avoid death.
In Bad Blood the grunts had submitted immediately, to avoid death.
Yes, That's what I was referencing earlier in this thread, I just couldn't remember the name of the Novel. Thank you for reminding me of the name.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2