Forums / Community / Halo Universe

what do you like better forerunners or flood

OP bloodymess56

I like the forerunners cuz if u have seen halo legends it will show the back story of them but the flood is also cool cuz of the way the change when they infect someone but what do you like
While the Forerunners made many morally dubious decisions, they're still preferable to the Flood. And intelligent enemies eventually become predictable enemies. The Flood are a loosely guided consumption, atrophy given form. Unacceptable outcome there.
so true bro so true
Can I choose between the Bungie Era depiction and the 343industries depiction? And if not, can I choose 'neither'? Because whatever made both the Forerunners and the Flood interesting has long been removed from both factions due to 343i's terrible direction.

The Forerunner of the Bungie era were NOT explained. All you had were these megastructures and fragments of information that allowed you to use your imagination. Not it's just generic 'highly advanced near-humans that were -Yoinks!- and stuck up and got jealous cause daddy chose someone else to be CEO of the family business".

And the Flood, the Flood have always been on that line of boring, but at least with Bungie we didn't get 'space gods that turned into magic space dust and became evil'. You didn't know where it came from, you only knew that the Flood was the most dangerous organism in the ENTIRE galaxy, if not universe.

Before 343i hired people that had no idea what to do with the universe they were given and turned it into the mess we have today, these factions were interesting. Now they're just generic, they are boring, because they were brought out of the shadows and had all their mystery removed.

No thanks.
Forerunners, enjoyed the mystery of them back in the day and later the expanded lore.
The Forerunners.Their lore is quite intriguing.
The Forerunners because they make up most of the lore and it’s really interesting to read about. The lore is so expansive.
Probably the Forerunners because their actions can be directly linked to the modern age in Halo.
Can I choose between the Bungie Era depiction and the 343industries depiction? And if not, can I choose 'neither'? Because whatever made both the Forerunners and the Flood interesting has long been removed from both factions due to 343i's terrible direction.

The Forerunner of the Bungie era were NOT explained. All you had were these megastructures and fragments of information that allowed you to use your imagination. Not it's just generic 'highly advanced near-humans that were -Yoinks!- and stuck up and got jealous cause daddy chose someone else to be CEO of the family business".

And the Flood, the Flood have always been on that line of boring, but at least with Bungie we didn't get 'space gods that turned into magic space dust and became evil'. You didn't know where it came from, you only knew that the Flood was the most dangerous organism in the ENTIRE galaxy, if not universe.

Before 343i hired people that had no idea what to do with the universe they were given and turned it into the mess we have today, these factions were interesting. Now they're just generic, they are boring, because they were brought out of the shadows and had all their mystery removed.

No thanks.
Literally the most perfect response given.
The flood are badass imo.
Tough choice. I like the Flood because they are still just so mysterious. We know a good bit about them and their origins now, but so much of how they operate is still unknown. I know the Forerunners have been de-mystified to a great degree, and I'm actually in the camp that loves the fact that we know so much more about them, but the nearly infinite menace that is the Flood is just so cool.
Tough choice. I like the Flood because they are still just so mysterious. We know a good bit about them and their origins now, but so much of how they operate is still unknown. I know the Forerunners have been de-mystified to a great degree, and I'm actually in the camp that loves the fact that we know so much more about them, but the nearly infinite menace that is the Flood is just so cool.
true my bro true
I like the flood a lot more the forunners just because flood look creepy
I enjoy the Forerunners a lot, while I do disagree with their politics, I do believe they are one of the greatest civilizations to every live in the Halo Universe, thus far. We don't what else is out there besides the Precursors.
Originally my vote would have gone to the Forerunners.

After the addition of the Forerunner Saga though, I would have to side with the Flood or as they were once known, the Precursors. I wasn't a real fan of space zombies in Halo and giving the Flood an origin and reasoning for what they do is a great addition to the lore. This is just my own opinion though as many aren't fans of the Flood.
Hard decision, the Forerunners created so many interesting things and there is still so much we don't know about them. Knowing that the Halo rings isn't even one of their largest creations blows my mind. Maethrillian is one of the most interesting things I have ever read about in Halo, the fact that they have this giant disk in space that serves as the Forerunner home world is amazing. They also have such a rich history that connects with everything in the Halo story. I have always been interested in them due to the fact that they are "World Builders". The Flood are also very interesting, as they are almost, unbeatable on a conventional level. It is, to me at least, very interesting how they were once Precursors, and it makes the whole series feel more grounded as more things in Halo are explainable and have an origin. I always want to know more about everything in the Halo Universe and I am glad 343 decided to expand on these two factions.
Well, i'd pick the flood. there so dang cool!
I can say neither, because I haven't seen none as they were way back before the Halo rings killed them, I mean the prometheans are just a fragment of the whole forerunner armada that confronted the flood for example we don't know about the armies that commanded mendicant bias nor offensive bias, where they prometheans, sentinels or what; and the flood as seen in halo 3 and halo wars are just at their first stages of evolution, the gravemind that confronted the chief was made of a couple thousand corpses, enough to make the flood begin another stage of their evolution and just enough to make the flood a big pain in the -Yoink- BUT the gravemind that confronted the forerunners was made of billions (if not trillions of corpses) with all that knowledge at its disposal the flood that confronted the forerunners were far superior to the savage creatures we've seen in the first two games, and halo 3 and halo wars just showing a glimpse of the pure forms of the flood, so in resume I can't chose right now until have more data for each species.
Forerunners are super interesting and mysterious, while the flood where always quite upfront so i guess forerunners