Forums / Community / Halo Universe

What do you think the aliens eat in halo?

OP BigBadBull05

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Humans in the halo universe has obviously started from earth so itd be obvious they'd bring some animals to breed with them, but the covenant probably doesn't take these because they arent humans, so they dont need proteins to stay alive, just like grunts need methane to stay alive they need other sources of food. Which brings me to my point, what exactly do aliens/ covenant eat
Hello there. As you appear to be new, I'd like to take this time and tell you about Halopedia. Halopedia is a long-standing and highly maintained wiki that holds all information regarding the Halo universe. Using it before creating a thread will greatly help reduce the amount of basic question threads here in the Halo Universe subforum (it will also result in less annoyance from more veteran members of the community).

https://www.halopedia.org/Main_Page

As to your specific question, simply doing a search for "food" on Halopedia resulted in this page, which covers every known food and drink for both the UNSC, Covenant, and Forerunners.

https://www.halopedia.org/index.php?title=List_of_food_and_drinks&useformat=mobile
Some of them eat humans because they're carnivores like the Brutes, Grunts, and Jackals.
Well to answer your question Elites actually have farms on their home world that they reap for food. That’s one known source. Grunts eat a good called n*pple, which is an odd name, but not what you think it is. As for the other species, it’s not been stated commonly so I may be forgetting something.
Some of them eat humans because they're carnivores like the Brutes, Grunts, and Jackals.
As far as I remember, I don’t think it’s been stated in any source that the Grunts, Jackals or Brutes have ever ate human, however, I wouldn’t put it past the Brutes.
Well to answer your question Elites actually have farms on their home world that they reap for food. That’s one known source. Grunts eat a good called n*pple, which is an odd name, but not what you think it is. As for the other species, it’s not been stated commonly so I may be forgetting something.
As far as I remember, I don’t think it’s been stated in any source that the Grunts, Jackals or Brutes have ever ate human, however, I wouldn’t put it past the Brutes.
They've said it in the books and games. In fact Draco III is described as Grunts and Jackals ate the humans and it was broadcasted.

Brutes even in the game talk about eating humans.
They've said it in the books and games. In fact Draco III is described as Grunts and Jackals ate the humans and it was broadcasted.

You are correct. Brutes have in fact been shown to eat humans, as was the case in Stomping on the Heels of a Fuss.
BeastSprayz, come on man, could you at least do a bit of research before stating something as truth. I've lost count of how many times you've posted blatant inaccuracies.
Especially when the information is right there on the wiki with proof of where it comes from.

You are correct. Brutes have in fact been shown to eat humans, as was the case in Stomping on the Heels of a Fuss.
BeastSprayz, come on man, could you at least do a bit of research before stating something as truth. I've lost count of how many times you've posted blatant inaccuracies.
I don't know why that guy would think I would lie about that. You can play the game and in Halo 3 they say "The Pack will feast on you!" when you fight your first Brute Pack.
Elites eat meat and grain. Grunts eat some sort of paste. Brutes are known to eat meat from their homeworld.
I would assume that prophets eat everything.
In the Halo Encyclopedia there is a section on human planets and in that section on the planet named Draco III The Halo Encyclopedia says that some Spartan-II were sent to save the humans who were taken prisoner by The Covenant on Draco III. But they didn't get to save them because the Covenant leaders let some Grunts and Jackals eat them.

I don't know why that guy would think I would lie about that. You can play the game and in Halo 3 they say "The Pack will feast on you!" when you fight your first Brute Pack.
He's either extremely ignorant or trolling. I mean, this is someone who thinks that most humans didn't know about the existence of the Covenant until the end of the war, which is hilarious.

He's either extremely ignorant or trolling. I mean, this is someone who thinks that most humans didn't know about the existence of the Covenant until the end of the war, which is hilarious.
It's sad much people don't care about Halo's Lore. It's very interesting.

I wasn’t saying you were lying, I was stating of my memory actually, hence the “If I remember correctly”. The instance on Draco III doesn’t explicitly say humans were ate by Grunts and Jackals, it in facts says humans were slaughtered by starving Grunts and Jackals, which could mean gunned down mercilessly, all I’m saying is it isn’t explicit, nor is it their regular diet if they were to eat the humans. As for the Brutes in games saying that, means nothing. I could say “I want to kill you” but doesn’t mean I will. Ofc I did also say I wouldn’t put it past the Brutes, but my Covenant knowledge isn’t extensive when it comes to the Brutes, hence why I said that. Jeez, you guys could do with some English lessons, smh.
If your Covenant knowledge isn't extensive to the point where you cannot speak with confidence about the topic, then maybe you shouldn't respond to the topic and spread misinformation.
If your Covenant knowledge isn't extensive to the point where you cannot speak with confidence about the topic, then maybe you shouldn't respond to the topic and spread misinformation.
I said for the Brutes. Look I don’t want to sidetrack this anymore. I’ve said my piece.

I wasn’t saying you were lying, I was stating of my memory actually, hence the “If I remember correctly”. The instance on Draco III doesn’t explicitly say humans were ate by Grunts and Jackals, it in facts says humans were slaughtered by starving Grunts and Jackals, which could mean gunned down mercilessly, all I’m saying is it isn’t explicit, nor is it their regular diet if they were to eat the humans. As for the Brutes in games saying that, means nothing. I could say “I want to kill you” but doesn’t mean I will. Ofc I did also say I wouldn’t put it past the Brutes, but my Covenant knowledge isn’t extensive when it comes to the Brutes, hence why I said that. Jeez, you guys could do with some English lessons, smh.
If you read New Blood, it states Buck watched the video over and over again which was his motivation to become an ODST. He even mentions it one final time before he kills the Rebel leader that killed Rookie. "Where were you, when those *yoinks* eat my family?"

If you read New Blood, it states Buck watched the video over and over again which was his motivation to become an ODST. He even mentions it one final time before he kills the Rebel leader that killed Rookie. "Where were you, when those *yoinks* eat my family?"
Okay, so they did eat the civilians, but they couldn’t of ate them all, it’d surely be impossible. But besides that, the point I was alternatively making is that humans isn’t their regular diet. They were intentionally starved to be ruthless. It was either that or die for them. Some humans nowadays would act similarly.

Okay, so they did eat the civilians, but they couldn’t of ate them all, it’d surely be impossible. But besides that, the point I was alternatively making is that humans isn’t their regular diet. They were intentionally starved to be ruthless. It was either that or die for them. Some humans nowadays would act similarly.
Well of course humans aren't apart of their regular diet, but I was saying earlier that they have eaten human. I wouldn't say Brutes eat humans out of desperation though. They eat them because they're meat.

Well of course humans aren't apart of their regular diet, but I was saying earlier that they have eaten human. I wouldn't say Brutes eat humans out of desperation though. They eat them because they're meat.
It's getting sad seeing him shift the goalposts each time one of his falsehoods gets proven wrong.
Quote:
This were his exact words. Nowhere did he say anything about regular diets, he claimed that they NEVER EVER ate humans. And was empathically proven wrong. Now all the excuses are coming out.

It's getting sad seeing him shift the goalposts each time one of his falsehoods gets proven wrong.
Quote:
This were his exact words. Nowhere did he say anything about regular diets, he claimed that they NEVER EVER ate humans. And was empathically proven wrong. Now all the excuses are coming out.
Well at least you got the quotes. All I have to say is to OP, yes sometimes they will eat Humans. If you are interested in the Lore play the games, read the media, and go to wiki if all that is too expensive. The games even show crashed Agricultural Covenant ships in Halo Wars 1.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2