Forums / Community / Halo Universe

What does your Spartan read?

OP GoldOwllover

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
When creating characters in virtual worlds, I have trouble letting go, being uninhibited and making my character radically different than my real life self. (I wish I were better at that.) So my Spartan is an awful lot like me.
That's really why dreaming's a thing: so you can imagine yourself in a way that it's impossible to be in real life. For example: In real life, Spartans obviously don't exist, but my other self, is a Spartan, capable of super-human things. Videogames just enhance that dream, like in Saints Row IV where you become the president of the United States and then aliens attack.
When creating characters in virtual worlds, I have trouble letting go, being uninhibited and making my character radically different than my real life self. (I wish I were better at that.) So my Spartan is an awful lot like me.

You can be as unique and as creative as you want, just as long as it doesn’t harm others :)
Fantasy, Mystery, Thriller, and Drama
Mine reads the Covenant Obituary to see all the souls he's taken.
Spoiler:
Show
Well my spartan likes reading Halo books, and is currently re-reading Halo: New Blood.
Fhajad 084 wrote:
Well my spartan likes reading Halo books, and is currently re-reading Halo: New Blood.
Another Paradox has been detected.
That's really why dreaming's a thing: so you can imagine yourself in a way that it's impossible to be in real life. For example: In real life, Spartans obviously don't exist, but my other self, is a Spartan, capable of super-human things. Videogames just enhance that dream, like in Saints Row IV where you become the president of the United States and then aliens attack.
Sadly when I dream I’m always me there, too. Lol

I need some help.
Fhajad 084 wrote:
Another Paradox has been detected.
I don’t think we can take another hit, abandon ship!!
Swiss Family Robinson
Crime, Sci-Fi novels or comics. But mostly he reads novls of Warhammer 40,000 and the Horus Heresy
currently reading Contact Harvest.
Spoiler:
Show
Maddock82 wrote:
currently reading Contact Harvest.
Spoiler:
Show
Yet another paradox.
Ah, G-576's literature interests...
He enjoys classics such as Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings, he is interested in material paper books which over the centuries have become increasingly rare. He is on the look out for the Deathly Hallows part two but he can't find a copy, this frustrated him, and he was forced to read from his tactical pad. Very interesting! :)
Fight club, the sword in the stone, the martian, deadly rain.
Just like with her taste in human-made music, my Sangheili's taste in literature is eclectic. Not really one for noir (when it comes to murder and assassination, she prefers the more direct approach.), but enjoys a good old-fashioned revenge plot against oppressors now and then (maybe relates a little bit post-Schism, hehe.).
More than anything, though, she just enjoys a good story of adventure and heroics that she can get absorbed into, especially since she finds herself connecting with the leader characters. Though perhaps not from a strictly military perspective, as she might prefer reading about a world/lifestyle she doesn't already live in every day, so fantasy or supernatural settings are welcome.

I picture her really enjoying Richard Adams's Watership Down, due to it having a fierce battle against a tyrant, having a strong leader to watch develop in Hazel's character, and the fact that the little bunny cast worships the sun. Maybe my Sangheili could find parallels to Urs, who knows.
People magazine for sureeee.
I am currently reading [REDACTED]. I am enjoying it however my favourite book definitely has to be [REDACTED]. I will always read the book whilst I am on my way to missions. I actually finished the book the first time when I was just about to land in [REDACTED].

Spoiler:
Show
What does my Spartan read? Whatever I send him. Due to his century's technology, he frequently opens up portals back to this time. I send him copies of my self-written fiction works for him to read. He compiles his thoughts, opinions, and critiques, and then he sends those back to me. He is my best (and only) beta reader.
He keeps my unpublished work to himself, and he does not have access to civilian libraries and bookstores due to his deployment in the military. That way, the population of the future (from my perspective) can enjoy my writings, and my Spartan can think he helped while he kills various alien enemies.

(In all seriousness, I really do write fiction works in real life, and I am not exactly sure how time travel works in the extended Halo universe.)
Classified UNSC ONI Intelligence Mission Briefs and Objectives obviously. And Warzone Requisition weapon reports.
NEXUS NX wrote:
Classified UNSC ONI Intelligence Mission Briefs and Objectives obviously. And Warzone Requisition weapon reports.
Must it’s get irritating to repeatedly read, “This weapon is too over powered!” And, “People keep spamming tanks, raise the REQ level” etc.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3